dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ABK said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

The info on this link says police certificate is not required for Pakistan if you are older than 16 yrs.

yeah i think that says u dont need to birng it to interview but u still need to submit to nvc

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Luna17 said:

I submitted everything that applied to us in one packet, organized in the same order as the document checklist that you will receive after you receive the AOS invoice (IV invoice is available after you pay the AOS fee but it is the same checklist sent). You must submit the copy of the original documents and a copy of the translations. Some folks got checklist because they only submitted translations.

-          For the Supporting Documents (pretty much the beneficiary docs): you need to submit copy of valid passport biographic data page, birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police certificate…if applicable marriage termination document, court records, military records and adoption documentation.

-          For the Signed Affidavit of Supports (AOS docs): Proof of US status (if you use a joint sponsor), proof of domicile (if your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the US), Petitioner’s Civil Documents (birth certificate/marriage certificate/marriage termination documents…I decided to submit a copy of my passport), proof of relationship (only if you file for the I-864A form), evidence of income (I submitted employment letter and last 6 months of paystubs as indicated on the I-864 instructions as optional items), forms W-2 (I submitted last 3 years), IRS transcripts (I submitted last 3 years), federal income tax returns (it's either your income tax or transcripts...I submitted transcripts), social security earnings, proof of assets.

Thank you so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Inder Sidhu said:

Dont be sad. you will get it soon too.. Only reason I can think is you sent 130 application 2-3 months after mine.. Wonder if Priority date has something to do with it given large volume of applications.. But you should definitely push NVC very hard to get the answers..

did you get your welcome letter?

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

did you get your welcome letter?

Yes, I got in the email today. Only AOS payment was open, I paid that. When would they open application fee?

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Inder Sidhu said:

Yes, I got in the email today. Only AOS payment was open, I paid that. When would they open application fee?

once they process the AOS fee, so prob Monday I got my welcome letter to this am and paid my fee

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

once they process the AOS fee, so prob Monday I got my welcome letter to this am and paid my fee

Did u do 261 via phone? They did 261 for me and it was very quick. Not sure whom they added as agent, I told them to set me as agent. I can not see information in account now.. Rep did not ask me address and email for agent info..

Edited by Inder Sidhu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khallaf said:

they consider the most recent tax year to be for the prior year up to the tax deadline of that year, so for them to say most current we would all assume once we do our taxes that is the most current, so look at it April 2017 to April 15 2018 to be 2016 taxes...after April 17th of this year the most current tax will be 2017

What happens if an extension was requested? i am thinking about filing for a 6 month extension, do you think it is a good idea? 

Thank you

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

What happens if an extension was requested? i am thinking about filing for a 6 month extension, do you think it is a good idea? 

Thank you

I do not mean to get in your business, but is the extension to file for reason of having to pay? if you submit everything before the end of the tax season an extension should not matter

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I do not mean to get in your business, but is the extension to file for reason of having to pay? if you submit everything before the end of the tax season an extension should not matter

Thank you for your question Khallaf, no worries at all :) 

The reason is because I want to wait so that I can include my wife, I will be able to get more than $3000 back since she does not have income. I was informed that I cannot amend in the future and add a person who did not have SSN at the time of the filing. 

If I file now, I will get a couple of hundred back; while if I wait I will get around 4k back. 

The problem is I do not have a case number from NVC yet; so the tax season might end before I can send them my last year tax record. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

The reason is because I want to wait so that I can include my wife, I will be able to get more than $3000 back since she does not have income. I was informed that I cannot amend in the future and add a person who did not have SSN at the time of the filing

Hi! Can you please tell me where you got this information from? My husband was planning on filing separately and then amending the return to jointly once I get my SSN when I move. 

Edited by peachouille

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Thank you for your question Khallaf, no worries at all :) 

The reason is because I want to wait so that I can include my wife, I will be able to get more than $3000 back since she does not have income. I was informed that I cannot amend in the future and add a person who did not have SSN at the time of the filing. 

If I file now, I will get a couple of hundred back; while if I wait I will get around 4k back. 

The problem is I do not have a case number from NVC yet; so the tax season might end before I can send them my last year tax record. 

okay so with that, my recommendation is simple but first a few questions.

if you know anyone who is going to be coming back to USA, have them bring back to you a certified copy of her passport given by the issuing agency, or the original passport. there are other documents that would work as well please check the list on the W7 instructions.

IF you do not get the case # in time before the tax deadline, you will have no choice but to file it anyway losing out. it took less than 1 month to get my husband passport back to me in the mail, meanwhile they are still processing the tax return as I sent a letter expressing the need to have it returned as soon as it was verified, and put in a prepaid return envelope, I mailed mine to Texas because I could not find a CAA here in my state who would fill the paper without charging me 200.00.

you can call NVC when they are open and ask them what would happen if you wanted to file an extension.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, peachouille said:

Hi! Can you please tell me where you got this information from? My husband was planning on filing separately and then amending the return to jointly once I get my SSN when I move. 

Yesterday I went to a tax office in my town and asked about my options. The guy told me that in 2015 there was a new law that says if I want to amend, I won't be able to add my wife since she does not have a SSN at the time of filing. I was planning to file as married separately. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.