dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, H&H. said:

yeah im trying to make sense of the process or whats going on but seems like there isnt some pattern. islamabad is pivot so I THINK once we get case #, REST SHOULD BE QUICK (I THINK CC in 3-4 weeks)

I am going crazy waiting for my case number! pray that NVC gets back to work! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, H&H. said:

wow i was going to call soon. i hope they reopen tomorrow and work saturday all day lets see. first theres delay from uscis to send over stuff, then systems going down, and now weather issues. seems like everything is going wrong lol. 

:P patience patience. USCIS and NVC kinda helps us to be patient. it will finally become history. Sometimes the wait can be annoying!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Diana f said:

Can anyone share with me the timeline between the first payment of the AOS fee and IV fee? I still cant pay the second fee

Me neither , I am wondering about the same . But in the most cases ,it's after 7 days once you pay AOS 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, ABK said:

Can anyone tell me what documents other than the (marriage certificate, police certificate, birth certificate) are we suppose to submit once we get a case #?

most recent tax transcript, affidavit of support form filled and signed. See attached.  

NVC Cover sheet.pdf

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

as of 2015 the IRS stop letting you ammend a tax return for someone who didn't have a SSN at the time it was filed.

i was not aware of this rule and i spoke with like 6 tax professionals and did a lot of research online. i filed separate and was going to change to joint when she gets ssn. i guess we'll see what happens. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
27 minutes ago, ABK said:

Can anyone tell me what documents other than the (marriage certificate, police certificate, birth certificate) are we suppose to submit once we get a case #?

check this PDF out it might help more.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

Thanks a lot! :)

Edited by ABK

26 minutes ago, ABK said:

I submitted everything that applied to us in one packet, organized in the same order as the document checklist that you will receive after you receive the AOS invoice (IV invoice is available after you pay the AOS fee but it is the same checklist sent). You must submit the copy of the original documents and a copy of the translations. Some folks got checklist because they only submitted translations.

-          For the Supporting Documents (pretty much the beneficiary docs): you need to submit copy of valid passport biographic data page, birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police certificate…if applicable marriage termination document, court records, military records and adoption documentation.

-          For the Signed Affidavit of Supports (AOS docs): Proof of US status (if you use a joint sponsor), proof of domicile (if your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the US), Petitioner’s Civil Documents (birth certificate/marriage certificate/marriage termination documents…I decided to submit a copy of my passport), proof of relationship (only if you file for the I-864A form), evidence of income (I submitted employment letter and last 6 months of paystubs as indicated on the I-864 instructions as optional items), forms W-2 (I submitted last 3 years), IRS transcripts (I submitted last 3 years), federal income tax returns (it's either your income tax or transcripts...I submitted transcripts), social security earnings, proof of assets.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

yeah im trying to make sense of the process or whats going on but seems like there isnt some pattern. islamabad is pivot so I THINK once we get case #, REST SHOULD BE QUICK (I THINK CC in 3-4 weeks)

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

The info on this link says police certificate is not required for Pakistan if you are older than 16 yrs.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, CaliRose said:

good for you I still waiting from 23th  of Jan :(((((((((((((  and now they are closed for a few days 

anyone know why this year is taking soooo long.

Dont be sad. you will get it soon too.. Only reason I can think is you sent 130 application 2-3 months after mine.. Wonder if Priority date has something to do with it given large volume of applications.. But you should definitely push NVC very hard to get the answers..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.