dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Khallaf said:

when I talked to a supervisor who called me back she informed me that cases are being given out 4-6 weeks, from when they received it until they get caught up, I know that there were over 15 thousand cases that recently became current they are trying to get put into the system as well, they did work overtime last saturday, and they will be working overtime again this saturday. Personally I was calling every day 2-3 times a day, and then I got tired of calling now I just call every few days.

Someone in this forum got a case number yesterday,so I still believe it’s luck

19 hours ago, SME2017 said:

Wow, they don't even know what they are saying anymore I feel like..I am in the same situation as you, my case was received Feb 13 and I am still waiting for my case number. They said that they sent it to a supervisor and that should "speed up" the process... 

same situation here as well. but my case was received by NVC at 10th January. we called multiple times, case was sent to supervisor 2-3 weeks ago. still no case number issued. it is frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, H-S said:

same situation here as well. but my case was received by NVC at 10th January. we called multiple times, case was sent to supervisor 2-3 weeks ago. still no case number issued. it is frustrating.

are you a pivot case?

my case was received NVC 2/8 I was able to get my case # and Inv # and complete DS-261 this am

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aywang said:

Good for you @Khallaf!  Still waiting for mine (pivot case received January 31st)

I had called last week and asked for a supervisor in the department that puts in the cases to call me, I got that call the other day and pressed for more information. My case is not a pivot case.

8 hours ago, Peachess said:

Actually, it's pivot cases that are taking longer to get case numbers.. Regular cases are taking 2-3 weeks. So If u r a regular case, be hopeful u will be assigned a number sooner. Cheers! 

i dont think so. mine is not pivot and i'm in 7th week since nvc recieved my case. but still no case #. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its good news when NVC tells you your case is currently under review right? I called last night and that is what the agent told me.

How long afterwards for a cc?

SD March 1. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

are you a pivot case?

my case was received NVC 2/8 I was able to get my case # and Inv # and complete DS-261 this am

Congratulations that's great news.  Did u ask to be sent to a supervisor? 

Timeline
Just now, MrsKhan said:

Congratulations that's great news.  Did u ask to be sent to a supervisor? 

it was sent to a supervisor 3 times, finally I asked for a supervisor to call me.

3 minutes ago, H-S said:

i dont think so. mine is not pivot and i'm in 7th week since nvc recieved my case. but still no case #. 

you have been able to confirm they received your case?

12 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

are you a pivot case?

i'm not sure. it was a regular/normal case. since we asked them to send it to supervisor 2-3 weeks ago. it might have became a pivot case( our lawyer also filled a case last monday to a senator, who will contact nvc on our behalf regarding this case  ) so might have became a pivot. no idea.

7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I had called last week and asked for a supervisor in the department that puts in the cases to call me, I got that call the other day and pressed for more information. My case is not a pivot case.

Mine is already sent to the supervisor twice....I will call them end of this week again after 5 weeks is up!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, H-S said:

i'm not sure. it was a regular/normal case. since we asked them to send it to supervisor 2-3 weeks ago. it might have became a pivot case( our lawyer also filled a case last monday to a senator, who will contact nvc on our behalf regarding this case  ) so might have became a pivot. no idea.

ISL is a pivot case if you are in islamabad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.