dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, H&H. said:

oh wow didnt know that. wish they could tell us what dates they're working on and how many they process a day so we can calculate an approx time frame. how long do u think till our # comes? 

one lady yesterday told me not to expect a case # till April, another said it would be this week, really I don't think they know.

1 minute ago, R&OC said:

Oh - which 15000 cases? That's interesting. Do you or does anyone have more information on this?

they are cases that have been submitted for USC for brothers and sisters.

14 minutes ago, V and O :) said:

So, co sponsor is actually a joint sponsor right ? 

that is right

47 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if you have already filed your petition and depending on when it gets to NVC yes you may still be required to have a joint sponsor

for example if you have already been approved by USCIS right now NVC is requiring the 2016 tax return, if he does not have this he will have to have a co-sponsor

I’ve been approved by USCIS and waiting for my case number from NVC, so I guess I do need a joint sponsor.

Must the joint sponsor be a family member or will a friend do as well? Although my father-in-law can be a joint sponsor, he may retire later this year, so im hoping there is enough time. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

one lady yesterday told me not to expect a case # till April, another said it would be this week, really I don't think they know.

they are cases that have been submitted for USC for brothers and sisters.

that is right

in that case shouldnt cases for spouse take precedence over brothers and sisters. i hope its not april :(

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Angie135 said:

I’ve been approved by USCIS and waiting for my case number from NVC, so I guess I do need a joint sponsor.

Must the joint sponsor be a family member or will a friend do as well? Although my father-in-law can be a joint sponsor, he may retire later this year, so im hoping there is enough time. 

anyone can be a joint sponsor, as long as they are a USC or a LPR....it does not have to be family

1 minute ago, H&H. said:

in that case shouldnt cases for spouse take precedence over brothers and sisters. i hope its not april :(

I would think so but their stance from what I was told is these cases have been waiting a long time, and so they come first.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I called nvc just now and asked the lady if she can send my case to a supervisor. She said it will set back my case by 6 weeks if she sent it to a supervisor. Don't know if that's true.  She told me to call back next week and check if a case number is issued.  She said they have been thrown a lot of cases and they were working last Saturday and will work again this Saturday. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

you are welcome

I have a question, does anyone know maybe in case your spouse is a student and working only during summer time , how supposed AOS to be filled out ? Do we need then a joint sponsor ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, V and O :) said:

I have a question, does anyone know maybe in case your spouse is a student and working only during summer time , how supposed AOS to be filled out ? Do we need then a joint sponsor ?

you will need a joint sponsor anytime the income does not fall in the guidelines of 125% of poverty level unless the sponsor is military then the limit is different.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

I called nvc just now and asked the lady if she can send my case to a supervisor. She said it will set back my case by 6 weeks if she sent it to a supervisor. Don't know if that's true.  She told me to call back next week and check if a case number is issued.  She said they have been thrown a lot of cases and they were working last Saturday and will work again this Saturday. 

lol thats weird and doesnt make sense. on one hand going to supervisor is suppose to be good because it'll take priority buit shes saying it'll take longer. so whats the whole point of sending to supervisor. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

11 hours ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

I mailed my documents last Wednesday and they scanned it today (Monday morning). So just a few days not including the weekend.

Mailed documents: Feb 28

Scan Date: March 5

How do you find out when it has been scanned? You call or they email?

3 hours ago, etrangais said:

Case Completed yesterday: 

Scan date: 14-Feb-2018

CC: 05-Mar-2018

a little less than 3 weeks

was yours a pivot case/send in docs electronically? my scan date is 1 day before yours :D 2/13 hoping for CC soon!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Henry&Olga said:

How do you find out when it has been scanned? You call or they email?

You can call then ask if they received your documents and if it has been scanned in or not 

Usually it takes then 2-4 business days from them receiving your documents to scan it in 

Edited by harsh2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.