dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

My AOS fee changed to paid few days ago, but I can´t still pay for the IV fee. I'm I suppose to receive an e-mail when its unlocked the option to pay?

And after that, do I just need to send by mail all the documentos and wait for them to scan them?

hi guys '

i received my case and IID number i filed the ds 261 but i can't pay my AOS fee

when i selecte the 120 $ and i click on pay the selected fee it says error . is there somethings wrong ? should i call nvc to fix it or maybe i should wait 3 weeks like it says in the approval letter

Edited by Amelsbaihi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Case Completed yesterday: 

Scan date: 14-Feb-2018

CC: 05-Mar-2018

a little less than 3 weeks

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amelsbaihi said:

CONGRATULATION

Thanks and good luck to you

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Amelsbaihi said:

hi guys '

i received my case and IID number i filed the ds 261 but i can't pay my AOS fee

when i selecte the 120 $ and i click on pay the selected fee it says error . is there somethings wrong ? should i call nvc to fix it or maybe i should wait 3 weeks like it says in the approval letter

You should be able to pay the AOS fee the same day (give them couple hours ) or the next day. But once you pay AOS fee , you should then call them to review your DS 261 over the phone, so no need to wait then .

Timeline
3 hours ago, H-S said:

wow. congrats! 

NVC received 10th jan. they haven't even assigned a case number yet. :? hope it comes soon now. it's killing my patience.

wow they received it 10 jan and still no case #. they received mine 25 jan and no case # yet. what embassy u have? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Hi, I have a question about the AOS and joint sponsor. My spouse was not working for the last 3 years as he was living abroad, so his tax returns for the last 3 years showed that he had no income. His dad was supposed to be the  joint sponsor.

However, my spouse has now moved back to the US and he’s just got a job in the US. His salary will be more than enough to meet the requirements. 

In this case, do we still require a joint sponsor? Or would a copy of his employment contract stating his annual salary be sufficient? 

Edited by Angie135

Timeline
3 hours ago, H-S said:

Guyz, do you need your passport for NVC  after approval? my passport is due to expire in a few months time, i was thinking to get it renewed but i can't decide weather i should apply right away or wait from NVC for case number and other stuff. it's been over two months now since NVC has recieved my case but they didn't even put a case number on it. 

yeah petitioner also send copy to nvc as proof of us citizenship but i think if ur expires in few months its ok u can call and ask. beneficiary i think cannot expires in less than 6 months. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Angie135 said:

Hi, I have a question about the AOS and joint sponsor. My spouse was not working for the last 3 years as he was living abroad, so his tax returns for the last 3 years showed that he had no income. His dad was supposed to be the  joint sponsor.

However, my spouse has now moved back to the US and he’s just got a job in the US. His salary will be more than enough to meet the requirements. 

In this case, do we still require a joint sponsor? 

if you have already filed your petition and depending on when it gets to NVC yes you may still be required to have a joint sponsor

for example if you have already been approved by USCIS right now NVC is requiring the 2016 tax return, if he does not have this he will have to have a co-sponsor

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, H&H. said:

wow they received it 10 jan and still no case #. they received mine 25 jan and no case # yet. what embassy u have? 

I still have no case # yet as NVC is getting through 15 thousand cases that became active after sitting on the shelf for 10 years, those are getting put in first.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if you have already filed your petition and depending on when it gets to NVC yes you may still be required to have a joint sponsor

for example if you have already been approved by USCIS right now NVC is requiring the 2016 tax return, if he does not have this he will have to have a co-sponsor

So, co sponsor is actually a joint sponsor right ? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I still have no case # yet as NVC is getting through 15 thousand cases that became active after sitting on the shelf for 10 years, those are getting put in first.

oh wow didnt know that. wish they could tell us what dates they're working on and how many they process a day so we can calculate an approx time frame. how long do u think till our # comes? 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

Oh - which 15000 cases? That's interesting. Do you or does anyone have more information on this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.