dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Hi All Just a Quick Question regarding NVC process Cr1 visa

TSC I30 Approve Date Jan 4th 2018 

NVC receive Date 9th Feb

Case number assigned 12th march 

AOS & IV fee paid same day 21st march

DS261 :- Waiting for 26th march. Do i have to wait until DS261 is reviewed by NVC is there any Dependency at this point? 

When do i start sending I864 package & Send IV package . I collected all documents and did my taxes as well, and send to my attorney. Just curious what are the next steps.Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

22 minutes ago, NeerajPalak said:

I am going to Submit DS261 form coming monday. I paid AOS Fee & IV fee, it says it will take 2 to 3 business days. Do they review ds261 after i fill it out online on the phone and send I864 package or before that? I am a little confused about the timeline?

are you sure you're talking about the ds 261 or the ds260. Because the AOS does not usually open until after the ds261 is complete. You send the package with the full checklist requirement (with other stuff including the i-864 package) at any time. most send it after they have filed the ds260.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
46 minutes ago, NeerajPalak said:

Hi All Just a Quick Question regarding NVC process Cr1 visa

TSC I30 Approve Date Jan 4th 2018 

NVC receive Date 9th Feb

Case number assigned 12th march 

AOS & IV fee paid same day 21st march

DS261 :- Waiting for 26th march. Do i have to wait until DS261 is reviewed by NVC is there any Dependency at this point? 

When do i start sending I864 package & Send IV package . I collected all documents and did my taxes as well, and send to my attorney. Just curious what are the next steps.Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Are you a pivot case? Mine is & I was able to pay both fees at once as well. With pivot cases there is no ds-261...you go right to filling out the ds-260 & then upload docs online.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Hi All,

Just updating: NOA 2 approved 1/9/18

Case received at NVC on 1/25/18 and still no case number.- now officially past the 8 week mark. We are a pivot case.

I have requested a call back from the NVC....still waiting....doubtful it will happen.

I have reached out to my senator in Florida...still awaiting a case worker to get back to me and have requested an expedited case due to my pregnancy - via the Sydney consulate.

Fingers crossed something happens soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, truelove29 said:

Are you a pivot case? Mine is & I was able to pay both fees at once as well. With pivot cases there is no ds-261...you go right to filling out the ds-260 & then upload docs online.

hey i was reading ur time line. did u pay all ur fees and upload docs and do ds260 as soon as it was open online or some stuff u waited. like both packages there 2 days diff, is that because u had to wait? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
17 minutes ago, H&H. said:

hey i was reading ur time line. did u pay all ur fees and upload docs and do ds260 as soon as it was open online or some stuff u waited. like both packages there 2 days diff, is that because u had to wait? 

Yes, I had all of my husbands civil docs ready to go...so I uploaded them first. I had to wait a few days to do the AOS docs cuz my parents passports weren't scanning well from the photocopies I had. So I waited until I saw them & scanned their actual passports. But basically, the day I got my case & invoice numbers I was able to pay both fees. It took 2 days for them to clear & open up the ds-260. Then I had my whole "files are too large" debacle lol. Once the fees clear you can pretty much do everything else as fast as you want!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rella said:

Hi All,

Just updating: NOA 2 approved 1/9/18

Case received at NVC on 1/25/18 and still no case number.- now officially past the 8 week mark. We are a pivot case.

I have requested a call back from the NVC....still waiting....doubtful it will happen.

I have reached out to my senator in Florida...still awaiting a case worker to get back to me and have requested an expedited case due to my pregnancy - via the Sydney consulate.

Fingers crossed something happens soon.

Call NVC tomorrow...you should receive it this week! Mine took 9 weeks!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

2 hours ago, Meno said:

are you sure you're talking about the ds 261 or the ds260. Because the AOS does not usually open until after the ds261 is complete. You send the package with the full checklist requirement (with other stuff including the i-864 package) at any time. most send it after they have filed the ds260.

I have an attorney so it usually opens up both at same time and i paid the fees. I mean to say DS260. What are the next steps and how long does it take to get an interview once nvc stage is complete?

2 hours ago, truelove29 said:

I am not too sure in regards to Pivot case. But usually if you have an attorney you can pay both fees at once. 

Anyone with SD date around 03/12? 

My SD date was - 03/12

Waiting for CC. Once you get CC are you notified at the same time when the interview is? Or after CC you get another letter/email with the interview date? And how long after CC to get interview? My embassy is San Salvador, El Salvador. 

47 minutes ago, NeerajPalak said:

I have an attorney so it usually opens up both at same time and i paid the fees. I mean to say DS260. What are the next steps and how long does it take to get an interview once nvc stage is complete?

yes i had an attorney as well s they both opened up for me at the same time. you do the ds260, submit your documents. they review your case, send checklist if anything is missing then case complete. they request the embassy to send them available dates for an interview and schedule your interview for you. available times for each embassy varied but it usually scheduled from 1 month. some people wait months for interviews if their embassy is  a busy one. after interview is scheduled, documents are sent to the embassy and you prepare for your interview and get your medical done.

43 minutes ago, Henry&Olga said:

Anyone with SD date around 03/12? 

My SD date was - 03/12

Waiting for CC. Once you get CC are you notified at the same time when the interview is? Or after CC you get another letter/email with the interview date? And how long after CC to get interview? My embassy is San Salvador, El Salvador. 

i'm surprised your scan date is after mine when your documents were sent before me. did you send them from the US or el salvador? My scan date is march 9th.

you're notified of the interview separately and how long it takes depends on how busy the embassy is.

Edited by Meno

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Meno said:

yes i had an attorney as well s they both opened up for me at the same time. you do the ds260, submit your documents. they review your case, send checklist if anything is missing then case complete. they request the embassy to send them available dates for an interview and schedule your interview for you. available times for each embassy varied but it usually scheduled from 1 month. some people wait months for interviews if their embassy is  a busy one. after interview is scheduled, documents are sent to the embassy and you prepare for your interview and get your medical done.

Can the aos, iv and Ds260 fee be paid anytime? Or the fee have to be paid as soon as I get it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

It is a stepped process.. 

Complete the DS 261

NVC opens up IV fee payment for your action

You pay IV fee

Complete online DS 260

NVC opens up AOS payment for your action

You pay AOS fee 

You gather and send AOS and civil documents to NVC

After all these steps are completed, the NVC will start assessing the application..

Non payment of fees at any of these steps will halt the process  and hence slow it down overall.. this can be useful if there are circumstances which suit you to have a longer NVC stage rather than as quick as possible.... 

You must have contact with the NVC at least every 12 months or your application with become inactive and it will cost more to reactivate it if this is allowed. 

Ok thank u

21 minutes ago, Meno said:

i'm surprised your scan date is after mine when your documents were sent before me. did you send them from the US or el salvador? My scan date is march 9th.

you're notified of the interview separately and how long it takes depends on how busy the embassy is.

Mine is also March 9. is there anyone with march 9 SD that has a CC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.