2,156 posts in this topic

UPDATE:

PD: 28/05/17

AD: 26/12/17

NVC Received: 17/01/18

Case number assigned:   23/03/18

pivot case

9 weeks from the date NVC received it.

my advice to everyone who has pivot case, as soon as nvc gets your case, request them to send it to supervisor. supervisor took exactly 6 weeks to assign a case number.

Good luck!

guys anyone here who's embassy is Islamabad!

does police character certificate has to be attested/ stamped from foreign office before sending it to NVC

since police character certificate has 2 months expiry. is it ok if i bring this exact police  character certificate at my interview at Islamabad?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, H-S said:

guys anyone here who's embassy is Islamabad!

does police character certificate has to be attested/ stamped from foreign office before sending it to NVC

since police character certificate has 2 months expiry. is it ok if i bring this exact police  character certificate at my interview at Islamabad?

Thanks

My embassy is Islamabad too but I was told (on this thread) that police certificate is not required for Pakistan? Did they ask for it?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, H-S said:

UPDATE:

pivot case

my advice to everyone who has pivot case, as soon as nvc gets your case, request them to send it to supervisor. supervisor took exactly 6 weeks to assign a case number.

Good luck!

Finally! Congratulations! 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, H-S said:

UPDATE:

pivot case

Good luck!

Can you update the spreadsheet please. Thank you

5 hours ago, Mahrukh Rana said:

I received my NOA2 on 24th January 2018, its been 2 months almost and NVC says they haven't received the case . Its getting on my nerves. Can someone guide me if this is normal or not?

it took 49 days for CSC to send my documents to NVC. they take really long to send stuff. Plus NVC is backlogged so it might take a couple days for them put it in the system that they received it.

Edited by Meno

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Meno said:

it took 49 days for CSC to send my documents to NVC. they take really long to send stuff. Plus NVC is backlogged so it might take a couple days for them put it in the system that they received it.

I will call again this Monday. Hope to hear that they have received the case. Thanks for guidance. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, ABK said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

You can check from here. I think yours is a pivot case too. Yes, you have to call NVC to make sure they've received it. It depends on your service center like when do they dispatch the approvals to NVC but 2 months is too long. Did your USCIS status change to "we sent your petition to department of state"? Usually it takes 8-9 days from the date on which the status changes for NVC to receive your petition. Like my status changed on Feb 20 and NVC received in on Feb 28.

USCIS online account only said we approved your petition and rest we will communicate via mail. In mail they sent they have sent the case to NVC. My center is CSC. They are taking forever to process my case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Amelsbaihi said:

Hi guys,

my husband sent the IV and AOS package on march 23, how to figure out what is our SD and what's the average time to get case complete ?

i saw a lot of cases that got case  complete in four week .

You have to call and ask them....I think 4 weeks is an average time if you don’t get a checklist..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi Friends

I have a question about the police cert. My wife's country  of birth is Brazil but she has been living in Uruguay for the last 5-6 years. Brazil consulate will accept an online federal cert. but I'm not sure about Uruguay. She can print out the cert online and go to the boarder to have the federal police sign it but will she also need a fingerprint? Her passport is biometric with a fingerprint. I'm asking because she is at the boarder now and will return to Uruguay this week which will be before we receive the document list from NVC. I'm mainly worried about the fingerprint because the federal police in Brazil says she doesn't need a fingerprint. 

Edited by microdisney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 3:11 AM, May1990 said:

Update

Nvc received Feb 14

Got case # March 19

Filled ds261 March 23 

Iv fee open March 24

When will Aos fee open?

my Aos was paid first , waiting for iv fee to unlock

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

For those who are pivot cases...after you uploaded all of your docs...did you call NVC to get a scan date? Or do you just keep checking your status online? I've read that the status will stay at "action required, submit documents" until it changes to "at NVC", meaning case complete. Is that still correct?

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

20 hours ago, Meno said:

you need to call to have ds261 reviewed over the phone or it will take several weeks for them to review it on their own. It must be reviewed before AOS will open up.

I am going to Submit DS261 form coming monday. I paid AOS Fee & IV fee, it says it will take 2 to 3 business days. Do they review ds261 after i fill it out online on the phone and send I864 package or before that? I am a little confused about the timeline?

Edited by NeerajPalak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.