dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Flordj said:

Hi guys just to give everyone who is qaiting hope! NVC received my case from USCIS on Feb 15th. And today March 23rd I was given my NVC case number and my Invoice ID number. Glory be to God.

Congratulations! Is it a pivot case?

Timeline
35 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

My tax guy said the same thing, but he also admitted to not really knowing. I asked him to write "NRA" (non resident alien) in place of SSN...but he said that's not correct & put "applied for"...but I was like, he technically hasn't applied for it yet! So it's like, no one knows anything! I'm just hoping for the best at this point!

Yes same here no one really knows I do not think they will deny us visa because of this it's not our fault we go to professionals and they obviously know what they are doing ...Plus there are others on here who filed single and got visa you just have to be honest ..I leave everything in the hands of the Lord he didn't carry us this far through process for nothing..I believe we will be alright..

1 hour ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

Idk hun I am not a tax preparer I went to a professional tax office and I went to others and they all gave the same answer.I leave everything in the hands of the lord.

I am not sure all tax "professionals" know what they are doing especially when it comes to immigration cases :) I was instructed to file as Married filing separately, but because my husband does not yet have a SSN or ITIN I had to file by mail. They told me I could amend at a later date once he has a SSN and receive the credit then. I think as long as you are honest in the interview, everything will be fine!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kwall1515 said:

I am not sure all tax "professionals" know what they are doing especially when it comes to immigration cases :) I was instructed to file as Married filing separately, but because my husband does not yet have a SSN or ITIN I had to file by mail. They told me I could amend at a later date once he has a SSN and receive the credit then. I think as long as you are honest in the interview, everything will be fine!

Yea see that's what I thought but the tax preparer said to file single ..I asked about filing married separately and he said how your husband isn't in US and has no ssn/itin so I am just going to be honest I will be attending my husband's interview so I'm not worried about it..

Timeline

called today after 8 weeks passed and spoke to supervisor and she said we're working on it and should have case # soon and to check back next wednesday. so i guess keep waiting....

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, H&H. said:

called today after 8 weeks passed and spoke to supervisor and she said we're working on it and should have case # soon and to check back next wednesday. so i guess keep waiting....

Pivot case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

Texas Service center
Priority date: May 31,2017
NOA2: January 6,2018
Sent to NVC : January 31,2018
Nvc Received:February 7,2018
Got case # : March 5,2018
Couldn't login into system until March 9,2018
Did ds-261 March 9,2018 but couldn't get it reviewed until after I got the welcome letter. Received welcome letter March 13,2018 paid aos fee same day and got ds-261 reviewed. Paid iv fee March 16,2018. Had to wait for payment to clear to do ds-260 .
Mailed in documents: March 19,2018
Nvc Received documents: March 21,2018
Ds-260 completed: March 22,2018
Scan date: March 23,2018

thanks for this . I was able to log in and fill the form ds-261. will follow ur route.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

Pivot case?

yeppp

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kathyil said:

Hola Fellow Travelers,

I just confirmed my NVC journey is complete.  Received cc 3/23/2018.

CR-1 - Dominican Republic

SD 3/2

CC 3/23

Congratulations! You are almost there. Was your case Pivot or regular?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.