dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Hello, just a little update. My husband had his medical exam done and in DR, at least, now they are no longer sending the results directly to the embassy/consulate. You have to pick them up. His fee was $350 for two additional vaccines. Good luck all.

Timeline

Texas Service center
Priority date: May 31,2017
NOA2: January 6,2018
Sent to NVC : January 31,2018
Nvc Received:February 7,2018
Got case # : March 5,2018
Couldn't login into system until March 9,2018
Did ds-261 March 9,2018 but couldn't get it reviewed until after I got the welcome letter. Received welcome letter March 13,2018 paid aos fee same day and got ds-261 reviewed. Paid iv fee March 16,2018. Had to wait for payment to clear to do ds-260 .
Mailed in documents: March 19,2018
Nvc Received documents: March 21,2018
Ds-260 completed: March 22,2018
Scan date: March 23,2018

Timeline

I also filed single that's what tax preparer told me to do because my husband isn't here ..I asked if he was sure he said yes ..When asked at interview I will tell the truth i've seen others file single and didn't have any problems at interview..we wouldn't be the first ..how are we going to file married filing separately with no ssn/itin my husband has no us income ..when he comes I will amend I am not worried because I am going to be honest ..my tax preparer told me to have them call him if needed ..when you file single you pay more taxes the irs doesn't care that's more money in their pockets.  

Edited by SashaFiERCE24

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

I also filed single that's what tax preparer told me to do because my husband isn't here ..I asked if he was sure he said yes ..When asked at interview I will tell the truth if seen others file single and didn't have any problems at interview..we wouldn't be the first ..how are we going to file married filing separately with no ssn/itin my husband has no us income ..when he comes I will amend I am not worried because I am going to be honest ..my tax preparer told me to have them call him if needed ..when you file single you pay more taxes the irs doesn't care that's more money in their pockets.  

ur husband doesnt have to be here to file as married. im surprised tax professionals dont know this basic rule...u file separate without ssn/itin by NOT claiming exemption for ur spouse. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
Just now, H&H. said:

ur husband doesnt have to be here to file as married. im surprised tax professionals dont know this basic rule...u file separate without ssn/itin by NOT claiming exemption for ur spouse. 

Idk hun I am not a tax preparer I went to a professional tax office and I went to others and they all gave the same answer.I leave everything in the hands of the lord.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

Idk hun I am not a tax preparer I went to a professional tax office and I went to others and they all gave the same answer.I leave everything in the hands of the lord.

sure let us know how it goes

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

37 minutes ago, THE J'S said:

congrats

I got even more excited seeing this because I share your exact NOA2 date (31st january) and NVC received dates (16th February).

But when I rang them up yesterday and today, they are telling me that they did NOT receive my case yet. It is not in their system.

i don't even ask anymore questions after that, because the answer will be "it can take up to 6 weeks for USCIS to send a case to NVC"

have the NVC LOST MY CASE!??

Same thing happened to me last friday, my received date was February 13, I was calling everyday and that's what they told me and then when I called last Friday out of nowhere they said that they didn't receive my case yet. I called 3 times that day and finally at night is when they told me my case was all of a sudden received March 16 which still doesn't make any sense to me and they are not giving me any explanation but just have to wait. Wasted a whole month for no reason. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

Same thing happened to me last friday, my received date was February 13, I was calling everyday and that's what they told me and then when I called last Friday out of nowhere they said that they didn't receive my case yet. I called 3 times that day and finally at night is when they told me my case was all of a sudden received March 16 which still doesn't make any sense to me and they are not giving me any explanation but just have to wait. Wasted a whole month for no reason. 

This is heartbreaking! :( I pray you get the best reward for your patience. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
42 minutes ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

My tax guy said the same thing, but he also admitted to not really knowing. I asked him to write "NRA" (non resident alien) in place of SSN...but he said that's not correct & put "applied for"...but I was like, he technically hasn't applied for it yet! So it's like, no one knows anything! I'm just hoping for the best at this point!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

5 minutes ago, Flordj said:

Hi guys just to give everyone who is qaiting hope! NVC received my case from USCIS on Feb 15th. And today March 23rd I was given my NVC case number and my Invoice ID number. Glory be to God.

Chill bro!! No body's quitting ! Some of us are waiting since December !

But congrats to you hope rest of your process is also as smooth as getting a case number was! Good luck to you and everyone else here including myself! :)

Edited by H-S

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Flordj said:

Hi guys just to give everyone who is qaiting hope! NVC received my case from USCIS on Feb 15th. And today March 23rd I was given my NVC case number and my Invoice ID number. Glory be to God.

Congrats happy for u 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

yeah thats an option too but like someone else said i think its best to be safe so i'll probably send amended tax return and tax transcript to avoid getting a checklist. cant believe the lady said if we have issue we'll reach out to u and im thinking yeah thats called checklist and i want to avoid that

So frustrating...they really have no idea what we go through!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

15 minutes ago, Flordj said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ZGSbTEJ0Nuwr_aqmPhTLg91UNio7ZeDjpFEs_9Ww4w/htmlview please fill out this spread sheet 

Edited by crissyfisher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.