dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ABK said:

I called NVC today. "It may take upto 8 weeks to assign a case #", said the lady. :(

They are saying it to everyone. But I am keeping my hopes up as someone got a case # in 5 weeks...

4 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

I got the case numbers but later realised I didn't ask for the invoice numbers. I will call back today and ask.  Is that how it's done and did people get both case number and invoice number at the same time? 

That's normal! I am just a couple weeks ahead of you. It took about a week from me verbally getting my case number and invoice number for me to be able to log onto the website. A recommendation (learned from a failure on my part...), once you are able to fill out the DS-261, call the next day and have them review it on the phone. I didn't do this because it said "Complete" and my AOS fee unlocked. However, I waited an extra week and my IV fee didn't unlock, so I called and they said it was because the DS-261 was not yet approved. Just because it was "Complete" didn't mean it had been reviewed. I lost probably about 5 days of time because of this :/ Congrats on case number! I know getting mine just made us feel excited to get things moving again. 

15 hours ago, lakeslove said:

Finally an update! 🤗

received at NVC on Feb 12 

Case number assigned March 12

case wasn’t available online until March 20. I logged in this morning and paid the AOS fee. We received the welcome letter today via email. Waiting for AOS fee to say “paid” so that I can complete I-864, and send in package. We are almost done. 

Going to visit hubby next week ❤️

Hi There - Congrats on movement on your case! A recommendation (learning from my mistake...), make sure you call and have your DS-261 reviewed on the phone! Our was marked "Complete" and our AOS fee opened up and got marked paid within a couple of days. However, when the IV fee hadn't unlocked 5 days later I called to ask why and they said it was because my DS-261 had not yet been reviewed! I made the mistake of assuming that because my AOS fee was available that it was approved... it was not. So, if you haven't yet, give them a call to get this reviewed!

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kwall1515 said:

That's normal! I am just a couple weeks ahead of you. It took about a week from me verbally getting my case number and invoice number for me to be able to log onto the website. A recommendation (learned from a failure on my part...), once you are able to fill out the DS-261, call the next day and have them review it on the phone. I didn't do this because it said "Complete" and my AOS fee unlocked. However, I waited an extra week and my IV fee didn't unlock, so I called and they said it was because the DS-261 was not yet approved. Just because it was "Complete" didn't mean it had been reviewed. I lost probably about 5 days of time because of this :/ Congrats on case number! I know getting mine just made us feel excited to get things moving again. 

Should we call immediately after completing the ds261 or wait for a day. 

1 minute ago, MrsKhan said:

Should we call immediately after completing the ds261 or wait for a day. 

I would wait a day, simply because it seems like each of these next few steps for you process overnight. But, it couldn't hurt to call the same day! They just may say it's not yet available to be reviewed. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, truelove29 said:

I have this issue too. My 2016 return I had amended to married filing separately...but my transcript still says single. I wrote in the comments that I had it amended when I uploaded it. I'll send the copy of the amendment with my husband to his interview...along with my 2017 transcript which should say "married filing separately...I just ordered it.

yeah thats an option too but like someone else said i think its best to be safe so i'll probably send amended tax return and tax transcript to avoid getting a checklist. cant believe the lady said if we have issue we'll reach out to u and im thinking yeah thats called checklist and i want to avoid that

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
9 hours ago, Hypekicks said:

From

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864ezinstr.pdf?download=1

The following items must be submitted with Form I-864EZ:
For ALL sponsors:
A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement 
and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, 
Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the three most recent 
tax years, pay stubs from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these 
items will help you qualify.

🤖 The operator was right 3 years of previous tax returns. I sent them my tax return account transcripts they are longer with more information than the account transcripts. They are free to receive them call IRS to order them.

👀 Make sure you choose the correct form.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

the operator is not right because uscis instructions and state travel website both say for the most recent tax year and its optional to send for past 3 if it helps ur case. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hypekicks said:

My taxes (2017) were completed as single. I sent 3 past year transcripts 2015, 2016 & 2017 to NVC as single. I thought I would get a checklist but I didn't. When at the interview if they ask my wife why I filed as single for 2017. Hope she remembers what I told her. When I get a social security number he will file as married and we didn't want to wait for me to get an ITIN number.. 😇 Hopefully they don't ask nothing about my filing status. 🤫

that is risky and incorrect. they could've filed taxes as married filing separate and not take exemption and would not need ur itin or ssn. u only need itin if u file married or file separate and take exemption for spouse. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
5 hours ago, Joann_18 said:

They aren’t all the same, if you see she’s not helpful hung up and get another operator. Just say from beginning of conversation you have couple questions and if they don’t know the answer there’s no reason to be rude. They answer you all they know. At time I know my tone of voice gets them mad. I’m just nervous over those documents want it done, and i don’t have enough patience for them.

yeah i can tell right away from their hello if theyre happy or not. most have this monotone voice and say hello and u can tell their in bad mood or not happy while some actually sound enthusiastic etc so i think we can avoid the first type... 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
1 hour ago, ABK said:

I called NVC today. "It may take upto 8 weeks to assign a case #", said the lady. :(

today is officially over 8 weeks for me so i will call later and see what they say now

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

Yayyyyyy! Just called nvc and was given case numbers for both my husband and me. Exactly 5 weeks today since nvc received our case.  

What I didn't understand is people here say they give their email addresses but when i asked her myself if I should provide email addresses she said no. So how will I receive anything from them?

congrats

I got even more excited seeing this because I share your exact NOA2 date (31st january) and NVC received dates (16th February).

But when I rang them up yesterday and today, they are telling me that they did NOT receive my case yet. It is not in their system.

i don't even ask anymore questions after that, because the answer will be "it can take up to 6 weeks for USCIS to send a case to NVC"

have the NVC LOST MY CASE!??

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, THE J'S said:

congrats

I got even more excited seeing this because I share your exact NOA2 date (31st january) and NVC received dates (16th February).

But when I rang them up yesterday and today, they are telling me that they did NOT receive my case yet. It is not in their system.

i don't even ask anymore questions after that, because the answer will be "it can take up to 6 weeks for USCIS to send a case to NVC"

have the NVC LOST MY CASE!??

Oh no. I think you should follow up with the supervisor and don't leave it. Quite  a few people have said about nvc doing this.  It's just not fair. U should call them and ask them. 

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.