dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your scan date is the date your packaged is scanned (registered) into their computer and to get that, you have to call NVC. However, the date you seen on the NVC webpage now is the date u submitted your "online" ds260 form.

U dont need to relax especially after getting your scan date call them at least once weekly to be sure they still have your case. Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
21 minutes ago, M&P2017 said:

How long does it take Nvc to scan your documents after they receive them?

It usually happens quickly 

Edited by Eternity1516
misunderstood question originally
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

Timeline

Usually withing 2days of receipt. Let's say u sent your package overnight and it gets to them on Tuesday, they would probably scan your case on Wed or Thurs hence I said u shld give them a call on Friday to allow them the luxury of time. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, M&P2017 said:

How long does it take Nvc to scan your documents after they receive them?

It depends on what document you are talking about. If it's doc from uscis, it takes about 8weeks based on new trend but if it's your mailed package within 2 days of receipt. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ICM said:

I have a priority date of April 19,2016 how would that affect my case ?

At the embassy level, scheduling of interviews is based on priority date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Approved by USCIS 2-20-2018, is everyone experiencing an 8 week wait for a case number? or was it quicker? 

Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/28/2018 at 8:57 PM, H&H. said:

everybody getting cc and interviews while still waiting for case # 6 weeks later...

still waiting ,same as you (NVC received our case on Jan 25, 2018, too).  Called last week and they said 8 weeks from receipt... so hopefully this week we will receive our case numbers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eternity1516 said:

Approved by USCIS 2-20-2018, is everyone experiencing an 8 week wait for a case number? or was it quicker? 

Waiting on mine was told 8 weeks also 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Moses E said:

It depends on what document you are talking about. If it's doc from uscis, it takes about 8weeks based on new trend but if it's your mailed package within 2 days of receipt. 

I mailed my aos and civil documents. And my usps status says they were delivered this morning around 11. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, M&P2017 said:

I mailed my aos and civil documents. And my usps status says they were delivered this morning around 11. 

they usually scan those documents  in 1-3 business days,  mine they scanned on 2nd business Day after receiving , so probably by Wednesday evening you can call and see if they scanned them in or not 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.