dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, JBapay said:

What exactly is a "pivot case"? I've been seeing the term here but didn't know what that was...

it references to a list of us embassy, that allow for electronic processing of papers, I have to mail my papers to NVC and once they finish they have to mail them to Cairo...they can't be sent electronically 

check this link

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

this explains how you submit your papers, if I am correct your us embassy is Ankara, in Turkey, with a case that will start with ANA as the first three letters.

here is a link to the list of US embassy

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 02/03/2018 at 1:19 PM, harsh2010 said:

Yeah , my scan date is Feb 22 , and shows same , 

It'll change when they CC your case 

How does that page change? My SD is March 2nd but status page is still saying action required, submit outstanding documents etc.

thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

How does that page change? My SD is March 2nd but status page is still saying action required, submit outstanding documents etc.

thank you

When. They take action on your case you'll see that status changed to "AT NVC"  that means they took some action on your case   and you can call when you see that to confirm what action they took 

1 hour ago, Khallaf said:

it references to a list of us embassy, that allow for electronic processing of papers, I have to mail my papers to NVC and once they finish they have to mail them to Cairo...they can't be sent electronically 

check this link

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

this explains how you submit your papers, if I am correct your us embassy is Ankara, in Turkey, with a case that will start with ANA as the first three letters.

here is a link to the list of US embassy

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

Oh okay I see - I knew that we would submit our fees and DS-260 online but I wasn't aware that all documents are submitted electronically, is that what you mean? All the AOS docs and I-864, etc? Is this new? And yes we are Ankara - don't have a case number yet but guessing it would be ANK...

Thanks a lot for these links also!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JBapay said:

Oh okay I see - I knew that we would submit our fees and DS-260 online but I wasn't aware that all documents are submitted electronically, is that what you mean? All the AOS docs and I-864, etc? Is this new? And yes we are Ankara - don't have a case number yet but guessing it would be ANK...

Thanks a lot for these links also!

yes you will pay all your fees, and submit all your evidence online you will scan in your papers and submit them electronically, since mine is a regular case it is best to get insight form someone else who is also a pivot case.

I did hear that once you do get the case number that all steps open at one time.

I don't know it is is new or not, I know little by little they are setting up other embassy to work the same way.

Good luck in your journey.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How long does it takes to get the 2 year green card ? Do u get it as you reach in the states or will have to wait few weeks or months before getting it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
32 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

How long does it takes to get the 2 year green card ? Do u get it as you reach in the states or will have to wait few weeks or months before getting it?

Average 1-2 months give or take. USCIS take their time really. However, stamp u get upon entry replaces the GC until u get it. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, No-Where-Man said:

Average 1-2 months give or take. USCIS take their time really. However, stamp u get upon entry replaces the GC until u get it. 

Ok thank u 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Boardslide450 said:

NVC is now open, but "due to the large number of calls we are receiving, all customer service agents are busy assisting other callers."  

They do suggest we "go to their website to review answers to frequently asked questions," however I'm not seeing an answer as to why it's taken over a month for a case number to be assigned to our case..

Just keep calling back three or four times and you will get through

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/01/2018: USCIS case status update: Case forwarded to NVC
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/12/2018 NVC transferred to PIVOT department for Electronic Processing
03/27/2018 Case Number Received
03/27/2018 AOS & IV Fee Paid
03/29/2018 AOS & IV Fee status changed to "Paid"
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)
3/30/2018 DS 260 Completed

4/9/2018 AOS & IV Packets MAILED

4/10/2018 AOS & IV Packets UPLOADED 

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

4/24/2018 Case Completed- Received e-mail, status changed to "At NVC"

Timeline
On 3/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, crmathew1 said:

So I have been waiting for a case number since Feb 9. By Feb 23rd (the two week mark), NVC escalated it to a supervisor. I called last night and the first person I got on the phone said, your case has been created but it is in the "new database" and asked me to hang up and call back and select option 5 from the menu ( I had been selecting option 7). I follow those instructions and call back and this lady picks up the phone and says, "I can confirm that NVC has received this case today and it will take two weeks to generate a case number" ?!?!@?! I am trying to remain calm at this point and told them no, my case has been in NVC since Feb 9 and it was escalated to a supervisor on Feb 23. They asked me who said that. I said the NVC agents I have been speaking to. So she put me on hold and came back and said that she is guessing that when my case was escalated it was put into electronic processing which is good. So I said as far as I know the consulate I am applying for initially is not doing electronic processing and also that I was going to request for a consulate change anyway to the mumbai consulate because it is faster than abu dhabi and my husband is an indian national. So she said I should email asknvc@state.gov with all that info to request for a change in embassy. I told her I have been told several times that I have to wait for a case number to be generated before I could request for a change in consulate. she said since the case is going to be created for electronic processing, I should do this now before it goes through. I was going to call back today  and find out more info (I already sent in the change request) but the NVC is closed. She said this is the second "bizzare" call they are getting. Who the hell is doing this? Is abu dhabi doing EP? Why would they put my case to EP if neither embassies are doing EP? What the hell are they doing there? Any advice on how I should proceed? 

So i called NVC again today and they again told me that NVC received my case on March 12 and they don't know why I have been getting the message that they received it on Feb 9th and that my case IS IN EP when it shouldn't be but cannot tell me what I can do about it. I requested to speak to a supervisor and they said no one was available but they took my phone number and said someone will call me back (I doubt it). I contacted my congressman and trying to proceed that way. Meanwhile, does anyone have any other suggestions? Can I ask for something else to get the right answers??? HELP?!

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/01/2018: USCIS case status update: Case forwarded to NVC
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/12/2018 NVC transferred to PIVOT department for Electronic Processing
03/27/2018 Case Number Received
03/27/2018 AOS & IV Fee Paid
03/29/2018 AOS & IV Fee status changed to "Paid"
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)
3/30/2018 DS 260 Completed

4/9/2018 AOS & IV Packets MAILED

4/10/2018 AOS & IV Packets UPLOADED 

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

4/24/2018 Case Completed- Received e-mail, status changed to "At NVC"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Kasimu ola said:

I received a mail from NVC about my police clearance submitted that "We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case" and this is the second time I submitted the Police clearance collected from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. I am currently based in Oversea and I sent my finger print to Alagbon , Lagos , Nigeria . Please kindly tell me what is wrong with these Police  character certificates  so that I can get another one from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria as requested.

You need to send not jus the certificate but copy of all document received from Alagbon. This includes the one with fingerprints and the one with passport photo. I got the same thing once and I sent all which took care of that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey you guys! I get to join this thread now. :D

Is the NVC stage done entirely through the internet until the interview? Everywhere I look for an answer is info from 2010 or earlier.

If not, which address do they use to send something to the beneficiary? The I-130 asked for physical address and "last addresses outside the US" and the US address they intend to live. Those were 3 different answers for us. 

Also, we moved to a different country since I wrote in that "physical address." I wrote the NVC an e-mail, but, I don't even have a case number yet (my case was approved on the 5th by USCIS). Of course, they haven't responded. Those of you who are further ahead than I am, did they mail anything to your beneficiary? We'd kind of like to change the embassy we interview at too. Since, you know, we are residents of a new country now.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

9 minutes ago, jesserz said:

Hey you guys! I get to join this thread now. :D

Is the NVC stage done entirely through the internet until the interview? Everywhere I look for an answer is info from 2010 or earlier.

If not, which address do they use to send something to the beneficiary? The I-130 asked for physical address and "last addresses outside the US" and the US address they intend to live. Those were 3 different answers for us. 

Also, we moved to a different country since I wrote in that "physical address." I wrote the NVC an e-mail, but, I don't even have a case number yet (my case was approved on the 5th by USCIS). Of course, they haven't responded. Those of you who are further ahead than I am, did they mail anything to your beneficiary? We'd kind of like to change the embassy we interview at too. Since, you know, we are residents of a new country now.

Did you guys provide an email address for either of you on your I-130? It's my understanding they will either send you a welcome email or a welcome letter. 

The rest of the processing will be done either by mail or through the online CEAC portal (known as a pivot case). You can check here to see if you consulate is one of the ones doing electronic processing: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Also, hurray for your NOA2!! :) Congrats!

Edited by ALittleBritish
to say congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.