3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can someone kindly explain what’s a pivot case? I read all Islamabad cases are pivot. 

NOA2: Dec 21

NVC received: Feb 1

Still waiting for a case number. I have called so many times that I just feel depressed even thinking about calling. Every time it’s the same response: we have received more approvals than normal - we’re working on it. On Feb 15, my case was escalated to a supervisor. 

I haven’t seen my husband in 8 months and i end up crying every time we Skype :(

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

1 hour ago, Joann_18 said:

Well, it’s 1 embassy obviously and few consulates for interview. So I was talking about pick a consulate in a city which closer or easier to get to. Canada has a bunch, Russia has 4 or 5.

You technically can pick embassy even not in your home country, but it will take them little longer to transfer your case. 

I think all of Canada’s cases are going through Montreal.  I think u already have a consulate assigned to you (as noted in the case number that u will receive). The process is sooooo long that i don’t even remember what was on the i130. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, H&H. said:

we almost have same time since they received mine 1/25. i will keep u updated. i called yesterday and no case # so left # for supervisor to call me back. it went to supervisor feb 12 and im pivot case. 

Thanks, our case with supervisor from February 9. Don’t think it changes much)) About pivot case or not I don’t know. I asked them once, operator answered I will know from welcome letter. People here saying pivot cases taking longer for number, so mine must be pivot as well. I’m curious is pivot case gives any benefits in processing or it just takes longer for case#?

Timeline
Just now, MahiAS said:

Can someone kindly explain what’s a pivot case? I read all Islamabad cases are pivot. 

NOA2: Dec 21

NVC received: Feb 1

Still waiting for a case number. I have called so many times that I just feel depressed even thinking about calling. Every time it’s the same response: we have received more approvals than normal - we’re working on it. On Feb 15, my case was escalated to a supervisor. 

I haven’t seen my husband in 8 months and i end up crying every time we Skype :(

Yes, Islamabad cases are pivot. Pivot case is when you have to upload documents on CEAC website. You don't have to send it by mail. I understand what you are going through...it's the same with me...I haven't seen my husband since 10 months. It's frustrating...I end up crying too :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, aywang said:

I think all of Canada’s cases are going through Montreal.  I think u already have a consulate assigned to you (as noted in the case number that u will receive). The process is sooooo long that i don’t even remember what was on the i130. 

Exactly, I don’t already remember what was in I-130. Looking for copies right now for find this out)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Joann_18 said:

Thanks, our case with supervisor from February 9. Don’t think it changes much)) About pivot case or not I don’t know. I asked them once, operator answered I will know from welcome letter. People here saying pivot cases taking longer for number, so mine must be pivot as well. I’m curious is pivot case gives any benefits in processing or it just takes longer for case#?

I THINK case # takes longer but rest is shorter...

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ABK said:

Yes, Islamabad cases are pivot. Pivot case is when you have to upload documents on CEAC website. You don't have to send it by mail. I understand what you are going through...it's the same with me...I haven't seen my husband since 10 months. It's frustrating...I end up crying too :(

Thank you for responding. We’re all in a similar situation. It’s heartbreaking waiting this long to be with your spouse. Any other relative I can understand but it’s cruel for the wait to be this long for spouse visa. I hope it all goes well and we soon get our case #s. I wish you all the very best. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
1 minute ago, MahiAS said:

Thank you for responding. We’re all in a similar situation. It’s heartbreaking waiting this long to be with your spouse. Any other relative I can understand but it’s cruel for the wait to be this long for spouse visa. I hope it all goes well and we soon get our case #s. I wish you all the very best. 

I know!! They should realize this! InshAllah, this waiting will be over soon. Thank you very much. I wish you the very best too! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Amelsbaihi said:

hi guys ,

i paid my AOS fees 2 days ago , to day it chned from in process to paid . how much time i still wait so i can paay the IV fee aand complete ds260  ?

IV fee Unlocks after they review the DS-261 form ,    Call NVC tomorrow and ask them to review the DS-261 over the phone for you , once they reviewed it, it'll take 1-2 days for fee to open 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

IV fee Unlocks after they review the DS-261 form ,    Call NVC tomorrow and ask them to review the DS-261 over the phone for you , once they reviewed it, it'll take 1-2 days for fee to open 

My IV fee is open.. and pay now button is active. But when I select $325 IV fee and submit, the total to be paid falls back to 0 and doesn't take me to next page. Any body else having this problem?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Inder Sidhu said:

My IV fee is open.. and pay now button is active. But when I select $325 IV fee and submit, the total to be paid falls back to 0 and doesn't take me to next page. Any body else having this problem?

I am also facing the Same problem. Over 3days I paid the AOS bill and it has even updated to PAID. DS261 form is Updated "COMPLETED".

Please anyone who passed Tru  this and got sorted out later should please explain to us why we can't pay the IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, emeraldbu said:

I am also facing the Same problem. Over 3days I paid the AOS bill and it has even updated to PAID. DS261 form is Updated "COMPLETED".

Please anyone who passed Tru  this and got sorted out later should please explain to us why we can't pay the IV bill

The same situation. But even if DS 261 SAYING ITS PAID, AND COMPLETED .It doesnt mean that IV fee is still unlocked. I will call them tomorrow to ask them to review my DS261, so thats what  you should do as well . Once they review DS261, they will send an email for paying IV FEE. And then we gonna be able to pay it .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
3 hours ago, V and O :) said:

The same situation. But even if DS 261 SAYING ITS PAID, AND COMPLETED .It doesnt mean that IV fee is still unlocked. I will call them tomorrow to ask them to review my DS261, so thats what  you should do as well . Once they review DS261, they will send an email for paying IV FEE. And then we gonna be able to pay it .

I did that on friday night as I told you, I will expect to receive the invoice number on tuesday. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.