ninago

CFO for 61 year old parent with IR5 visa?

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been reading and came across this term CFO.  Does my mom need this? I have read conflicting info so Im asking here.

And is there anything else other than this that I need to know about?  Her status on CEAC is still AP with the dates changing 2/26, 2/27, 2/28

If she needs this seminar can she go and get it done before she receives the passport back or must she wait for it?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ninago said:

Hello, I have been reading and came across this term CFO.  Does my mom need this? I have read conflicting info so Im asking here.

And is there anything else other than this that I need to know about?  Her status on CEAC is still AP with the dates changing 2/26, 2/27, 2/28

If she needs this seminar can she go and get it done before she receives the passport back or must she wait for it?

Thanks!

Far as I know, all Filipino citizens leaving the country permanently or long term must take the CFO class. 

It can be done before receiving the visa yes; but she must go back with her passport later and get them to stamp/place certificate in the passport showing she completed it.

If not, the Filipino customs won't allow her through the airport.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Your mom does not need to have the CFO seminar and she is also exempted to attend PDOS due to her age, however, she needs to go to the CFO office and register in person.

Goodluck,

Nelma

Here is the reference:  http://www.cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html

1.     A. What is the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) in CFO?

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or Peer Counseling Session. Topics discussed include travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, employment and social security concerns, and rights and obligations of Filipino migrants.

The PDOS is for emigrants aged 20-59 years old who are petitioned by their parents, siblings, or immediate relatives, including independent applicants. The Peer Counseling Program is for emigrants aged 13-19 years old.

To attend the Pre-Departure Orientation/Peer Counseling Program at CFO Manila, clients are required to use the RESERVATION and REGISTRATION (R&R) Online System.

Attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation/Peer Counseling Program at CFO Cebu is on a first-come, first-served, walk-in basis. The Commission will only accept emigrants with complete registration requirements.

D. Who are exempted from PDOS?

*Exempted from attending the PDOS/Peer Session but still need to register personally or by proxy.

The following emigrants are exempted from attending the PDOS, but should still register in person or by an authorized representative:

• Minors aged 12 and below;

• Senior citizens (60 years old and above);

• Those incapacitated due to permanent or long-term ailments; or

• Those with mental health issues or psychologically-challenged.

If registered by proxy, representative is required to present the following documents in addition to the usual required documents:

• Medical certificate/report (except those 60 years old and above)

• Letter of authorization from the emigrant (if applicable to the case); and

• Original valid identification card with photograph of the proxy.

• Proxies who are NOT the legal/natural/biological adoptive parent of children 12 years old and below must present the following documents:

• One (1) original valid identification card with photograph of the proxy, and

• Duly notarized authorization letter executed by parent/s or guardian/s, issued in the Philippines or overseas.
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And below is for people that needed to take CFO seminar:

Here is the reference: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Far as I know, all Filipino citizens leaving the country permanently or long term must take the CFO class.     :no:  

It can be done before receiving the visa yes<< THIS IS ONLY TRUE FOR SPOUSES AND FIANCEES OF USC.    but she must go back with her passport later and get them to stamp/place certificate in the passport showing she completed it.

If not, the Filipino customs won't allow her through the airport.

Not true.  :no:  

2 hours ago, ninago said:

Thanks!

She does not need the seminar,  only need to register to get the sticker in her passport after she receives her visa.

Adults:  Those 60 and above need only register to get the sticker.

http://cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
51 minutes ago, ninago said:

Thank you so much!  there is a lot of misinformation online and I'm so grateful to all of you here who take the time to answer.  I really appreciate all of you. - nina

Always check the official website for information.  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Not true.  :no:  

She does not need the seminar,  only need to register to get the sticker in her passport after she receives her visa.

Adults:  Those 60 and above need only register to get the sticker.

http://cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html

Do they still have to pay? Or is sticker Free?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

9 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Do they still have to pay? Or is sticker Free?

:rofl: You're killing me. FREE? In the Philippines? You must be :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.