aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

UPDATE: Wife's card received!

Filed to remove conditions/i-751 to Vermont (VSC): April 30, 2017

Case number received/notice of action (NOA): May 16, 2017

Biometrics: May 30th, 2017

Address change, case transferred to California (CSC): July 2017 (can't remember exact date)

Card Ordered: May 17, 2018 - we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxx  and a letter is showing up today on informed delivery.

Letter of approval received: May 17, 2018

Green card received: May 23, 2018

It's amazing that the approval letter is dated almost exactly 1 year after the NOA.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:49 PM, chainbreakr said:

UPDATE: Wife's card received!

Filed to remove conditions/i-751 to Vermont (VSC): April 30, 2017

Case number received/notice of action (NOA): May 16, 2017

Biometrics: May 30th, 2017

Address change, case transferred to California (CSC): July 2017 (can't remember exact date)

Card Ordered: May 17, 2018 - we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxx  and a letter is showing up today on informed delivery.

Letter of approval received: May 17, 2018

Green card received: May 23, 2018

It's amazing that the approval letter is dated almost exactly 1 year after the NOA.

Congratulations, how exciting!!!:) was her case also sent to local office? And if so was it followed by an interview?

1 minute ago, AngelofLove said:

HI

I-751 CSC filed on 8-18-2017

Case Was Received At My Local Office on 2-26-2018

Still waiting...

When it rains, look for rainbows,

When it's dark, look for stars

Just now, AngelofLove said:

When it rains, look for rainbows,

When it's dark, look for stars.

7 hours ago, AngelofLove said:

HI

I-751 CSC filed on 8-18-2017

Case Was Received At My Local Office on 2-26-2018

Still waiting...

Here the same 

I-751 VSC  filed on 8-18-2017

Case Was Received At My Local Office on

3-9-2018

I'm still waiting too :) 

Hi everybody, 

First of all I didn't I use the number on the biometrics to check the status of my case online. Thne Finally today I decided to check the status on the other recipt number that I have. Pretty much the same like you guys I  said "CASE WAS RECIEVED AT THE LOCAL OFFICE ON APRIL 9th 2018"(Keep in mind I filled in May 23 2017.). So after that I didn't know what it means and I called USCIS to see what does that mean or if they have more information the gentlmen that I spoke too said "On February 26th your case was recieved at the local office". I hang up but then I was like wait a minute???? It says april 9th on the website so I called again and a lady picked up and she said "Your case was recieved at the local office on February 26th 2018" so now I'm all confused. 

I have not recieved an official paper stating that. I also asked the lady what does it mean when a case gets transfered to the local office and she said "It means that the local office will be able to manage your case better and in case in a interview is needed or more information they will be the one to call you and reach out to you.". 

I'm so confused right now. Has anyone of you been approved without an interview even though your cases were sent at the local office? 

Any of you has any update?

Thank you so much! If someone could help me out and read my reply I would be very grateful and I wish everyone good luck! 

Edited by Haseki

Hello Guys,

Need some advice here pls, 

I have filed I-751 ( jointly ) and now getting a divorce because i found that my wife is cheating on me and i have proofs (pictures & Text Messages).

We have filed for divorce and should be completed in next 30 days.

I have consulted a Attorney and he said i can refile the case on the basis of good faith marriage and then wait for what USCIS will do.

To prove good faith i have 1. Joint Car Titles, Utility Bills, Joint Credit Card, Health insurance(medical, dental Vision), Joint Bank account and 2018 Joint Taxes.

My question is " Should i add the pictures and text messages when re-filing the case?" or just use the proofs what i have for good faith marriage and file then wait for USCIS to decide.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated.

Edited by aneeth

46 minutes ago, aneeth said:

Hello Guys,

I have filed I-751 ( jointly ) and now getting a divorce because i found that my wife is cheating on me and i have proofs (pictures & Text Messages).

I have consulted a Attorney and he said i can refile the case on the basis of good faith marriage and then wait for what USCIS will do.

To prove good faith i have 1. Joint Car Titles, Utility Bills, Joint Credit Card, Health insurance(medical, dental Vision), Joint Bank account and 2018 Joint Taxes.

My question is " Should i add the pictures and text messages when re-filing the case?" or just use the proofs what i have for good faith marriage and file then wait for USCIS to decide.

I am going through the same issue here. I would hold on to the text and pictures in case you need them. You will need to prove you came into this marriage in good faith which it seems you have enough proof. They want to see that who ever is becoming a citizens is ethical. Prove of your cheating spouse is enough to get Divorce. If they ask for more proof then you submit the text and pictures. 

45 minutes ago, Izzy512 said:

I am going through the same issue here. I would hold on to the text and pictures in case you need them. You will need to prove you came into this marriage in good faith which it seems you have enough proof. They want to see that who ever is becoming a citizens is ethical. Prove of your cheating spouse is enough to get Divorce. If they ask for more proof then you submit the text and pictures. 

Divorce is no fault basis and i am not showing that she has cheated on me in the divorce, Should i file the divorce on the basis of Adultry?

4 hours ago, aneeth said:

Divorce is no fault basis and i am not showing that she has cheated on me in the divorce, Should i file the divorce on the basis of Adultry?

If you want to go broke with lawyers and court, sure. 

Divorce court is only to split finances and kids. If you want more money from her than you file based on adultry and hope the judge sides with you. If you want custody of kids, adultry is something you could use to help. 

If you guys can figuring out finances saparate and have no kids, then you go with no fault divorce, because the judge is not gonna shout at her or put her in jail and if she fights the accusation, be ready to pay your lawyer a lot of money as she counter attacks and you guys get in a nasty divorce. 

16 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

If you want to go broke with lawyers and court, sure. 

Divorce court is only to split finances and kids. If you want more money from her than you file based on adultry and hope the judge sides with you. If you want custody of kids, adultry is something you could use to help. 

If you guys can figuring out finances saparate and have no kids, then you go with no fault divorce, because the judge is not gonna shout at her or put her in jail and if she fights the accusation, be ready to pay your lawyer a lot of money as she counter attacks and you guys get in a nasty divorce. 

We dont have kids, all i am worried is questions that i have to answar in the interview to IO office. i was faithful but if i can prove she has cheated on me and its in the Divorce degree, will it make my case easy.

That is the only reason i want to file divorce on the basis of adultry. 

10 minutes ago, aneeth said:

We dont have kids, all i am worried is questions that i have to answar in the interview to IO office. i was faithful but if i can prove she has cheated on me and its in the Divorce degree, will it make my case easy.

That is the only reason i want to file divorce on the basis of adultry. 

This is already problematic thinking. You’re worried about immigration more than your marriage while trying to prove that the marriage was not for immigration purposes. 

Im not saying that it is at all, im saying you are creating a paradox for yourself. 

You go with one thing at a time that you have control over. You file for divorce and get your decree, after that you refile with it. And you answer the IO with the true events that happened. You dont have to elaborate unless asked, and always answer truthfully and briefly, no stories. You’re not going to know what he will ask you until he does, thats why the truth is the only way to be prepared. 

12 hours ago, aneeth said:

Hello Guys,

This thread might be very helpful for you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.