aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, you should really create or update your timeline. Writing a message saying I'm approved or whatever doesn't help us in any way if we have no idea when you filed, where and how many applications you have standing.. In my eyes, a big part of the reason we're here is to try to get some information as of where is USCIS is as far as processing times. If you don't want to create a timeline, at least put some information in your signature.

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

9 minutes ago, samku06 said:

November 30th 2016, no transfer, it was always at California. 

Awesome, thank you so much! How long did it take for you to get your greencard in the mail once you saw that message?

Exactly 7 days - It arrived in my mail box. I tracked the card using the USPS tracking # provided on my USCIS account.

October 2016 filer. Finally got a respond from USCIS regarding my case and they are saying: 

We placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the security checks before we make a decision on any pending case. 

Was anybody ever in this situation where the security check is pending? I was reading on this forum from another user that she had the same problem because she flew to japan so the case was set back. Sounds kinda weird but I actually flew since October 2016 probably 3-4 times to germany to see my family. 

Please if anybody has any advice on that I would really appreciate it. I also contacted my local senator a couple days ago before I got a respond from uscis. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Bebe1 said:

Exactly 7 days - It arrived in my mail box. I tracked the card using the USPS tracking # provided on my USCIS account.

Thanks for the info.

It is interesting though, today I got this message on the My USCIS Account Page. Did you get this message too, the 120 day message?

May 24, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

My NOA was May 08 2017 and my own still hasn't been moved from the April 09th received at local office stage. i need this thing to be flowing in the right path and be done like ..NOW! when i went for the stamp, he told me i am too early since the 1 yr is expiring in august and not may so i am still good to travel etc. sigh i just want the actual card! lol 

1 hour ago, samku06 said:

Thanks for the info.

It is interesting though, today I got this message on the My USCIS Account Page. Did you get this message too, the 120 day message?

May 24, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

Yes, the card will come sooner than that. You can be very certain of the cards location when it is mailed and they give you a tracking #. Almost there :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
34 minutes ago, lay47 said:

My NOA was May 08 2017 and my own still hasn't been moved from the April 09th received at local office stage. i need this thing to be flowing in the right path and be done like ..NOW! when i went for the stamp, he told me i am too early since the 1 yr is expiring in august and not may so i am still good to travel etc. sigh i just want the actual card! lol 

me too, May filer, and still "April 09th received at local office"

I send an request to USIC everyday because i feel so upset in waiting too long

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, TQTNSL said:

Hi guys, Im new to VJ and been following your post. April 2017 Filer at CSC. Got the same update Case Received at Local office on Feb 26th, submitted 2 case inquiry plus went to local office for a I-551 stamp about not receiving transfer notice and they said case still at CSC. Any Approval or RFE or interview notice for April 2017 at CSC?

Hi! Somewhat relieved to see your post! My husband and I went to infopass for I551 stamp in Irving Tx yesterday. Received same online update, “case transferred to local office” in February without receiving any mail notifications. Worker told us case not at that office, still in California too! Got the stamp and really no additional info other than expect a really long wait 😫 So at least you’re not the only one. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, lissatt89 said:

October 2016 filer. Finally got a respond from USCIS regarding my case and they are saying: 

We placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the security checks before we make a decision on any pending case. 

Was anybody ever in this situation where the security check is pending? I was reading on this forum from another user that she had the same problem because she flew to japan so the case was set back. Sounds kinda weird but I actually flew since October 2016 probably 3-4 times to germany to see my family. 

Please if anybody has any advice on that I would really appreciate it. I also contacted my local senator a couple days ago before I got a respond from uscis. 

Unfortunately I have no advise. It’s the first time I’m reading about something like this and find it super unnerving. I went to Germany to see my family too. Filed January 2017, no update other than case received at local office in February. Nothing since. Please keep us/me updated. It sounds like something that really shouldn’t be happening. Good luck 

4 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

Unfortunately I have no advise. It’s the first time I’m reading about something like this and find it super unnerving. I went to Germany to see my family too. Filed January 2017, no update other than case received at local office in February. Nothing since. Please keep us/me updated. It sounds like something that really shouldn’t be happening. Good luck 

I asked my lawyer and he said he had cases like that before and they were still approved. I went to germany 4 times since October 2017 so I am not sure if they check this. I will keep you updated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lissatt89 said:

I asked my lawyer and he said he had cases like that before and they were still approved. I went to germany 4 times since October 2017 so I am not sure if they check this. I will keep you updated. 

I travelled outside the country 2 times. But that should really not delay our background checks. Crazy. Thanks for your reply! I hope you hear something soon!

56 minutes ago, Sweetie Baby said:

Hi! Somewhat relieved to see your post! My husband and I went to infopass for I551 stamp in Irving Tx yesterday. Received same online update, “case transferred to local office” in February without receiving any mail notifications. Worker told us case not at that office, still in California too! Got the stamp and really no additional info other than expect a really long wait 😫 So at least you’re not the only one. 

Hey sweetiebaby, The wording of the case status gives us the cue. If the case was truly transferred to local office or NBC, then the case status would say “case was transferred and another office has jurisdiction” and actual notice letters would be sent ( there are 2 cases like that at my lawyer office and those filers only filed for ROC). Last time I was at the field office in  Irving TX, the officer told me that they are seriously back-logged. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, TQTNSL said:

Hey sweetiebaby, The wording of the case status gives us the cue. If the case was truly transferred to local office or NBC, then the case status would say “case was transferred and another office has jurisdiction” and actual notice letters would be sent ( there are 2 cases like that at my lawyer office and those filers only filed for ROC). Last time I was at the field office in  Irving TX, the officer told me that they are seriously back-logged. 

That’s what I’ve gathered lol. 🙉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 5/24/2018 at 2:46 PM, samku06 said:

I got this message today on my wife's case .

New Card Is Being Produced

On May 24, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number WAC1706100***, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I got this on the case status site.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

When I log into USCIS MY Account 

https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant

I still get the below message:

February 26, 2018

We received your case

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

Is it safe to assume my case got approved?

Congratulations! When did you file please? You do not have a timeline, which would help others to keep track of the data. We filed in early February and are still waiting at CSC

On 5/24/2018 at 3:24 PM, YafaUSA said:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, you should really create or update your timeline. Writing a message saying I'm approved or whatever doesn't help us in any way if we have no idea when you filed, where and how many applications you have standing.. In my eyes, a big part of the reason we're here is to try to get some information as of where is USCIS is as far as processing times. If you don't want to create a timeline, at least put some information in your signature.

Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.