aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Or just send us an email instead of physical letter for such notifications and save us from agony of waiting on a mail that takes forever to arrive.

Yes please! Just a simple email would have been way better than this pins and needles about checking the  mail box every 30 mins😂. I got a "we have been actively reviewing your case text in the morning" yeah right sure !😒

Edited by CoffeeVegan

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Yes please! Just a simple email would have been way better than this pins and needles about checking the email, mail box every 30 mins😂. I got a "we have been actively reviewing your case text in the morning" yeah right sure !😒

Yes actively reviewing for 19 months lol

8 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Who here got a letter that hasn't filed N-400?

I read around 3 or 4 cases, I don't remember where are them. 

Just I saw this one now: 

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

People need to understand the role of NBC whether you filed for citizenship or not as long as they want you to have an interview for any application it must go to NBC for them to prepare the case for the interview at your local office.This means they might send an RFE for more evidence or additional evidence since you've filed the application so the officer who'll interview you will or should have enough evidence to adjudicate. If however they realize there is enough evidence to approve you for the benefit the NBC after receiving these can waive the interview requirements and approve the case just like CSC or VSC would if enough evidence was there. if there is still not sufficient proof after they've collected RFE they will then forward it to your local office and send you the interview date and advise you what additional documents to bring to the interview. So even if you didn't file for citizenship and you have a pending I751 if CSC or VSC couldn't approve it they will forward it to NBC for them to forward it to your local office however when NBC has it they now have jurisdiction over it and can decide to Approve it based on what is there or forward it for an actual interview. The NBC is like an intermediary between all local offices. A local office can only get your files from the Records Center or NBC which basically are the same place. If the local office needs a file and its at VSC for example when they request it VSC will forward it to NRC or NBC then they will forward it to your local Office. Alot of the transfers to Nebraska and Texas etc are for workload purposes. sometimes they wont update this on their site but they send them to a service center closer to you to adjudicate hoping to have some work off their backs so thats a good thing to get a transfer sometimes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Someone in another thread posted this about one the file goes to NBC.

image.png.b2e36fbd6e34a544725f8be49b5c9086.png

ok great just want people to understand that going to the NBC is good because your cashes movements and every time its received by an office a officer will look at it to see discrepancies if there are any so this is like an opportunity to have your file moving again rather than sitting down CSC or VSC as a filed that could not be adjudicated. Those officers wont go over it again because of the volume they are receiving. so all the best to everyone approvals soon 

Hi there! 

I am just back from my infopass app., I got my stamp and asked them if it was a glitch or something that so many people got a notification that their case has been transferred to the local center. She said that it was not a glitch and it means interview. Although my status update says it was transferred to the local center on April 9 .... the woman checked and said they have not received it. 

I also checked 30 cases before mine and ALL of them said that they have been transferred to the local centers. 

This being said, REALLY?, they will have that many interviews? 

Anyways, anyone here who had their cases transferred to the local center and did not have interviews?

Also, traveling with the infopass stamp. When flying back in the country, are they sending you to a separate room to wait while they check your stamp? I was planing to travel with my 2yo and I don't want to subject her to the wait.  

51 minutes ago, nywestq said:

People need to understand the role of NBC whether you filed for citizenship or not as long as they want you to have an interview for any application it must go to NBC for them to prepare the case for the interview at your local office.This means they might send an RFE for more evidence or additional evidence since you've filed the application so the officer who'll interview you will or should have enough evidence to adjudicate. If however they realize there is enough evidence to approve you for the benefit the NBC after receiving these can waive the interview requirements and approve the case just like CSC or VSC would if enough evidence was there. if there is still not sufficient proof after they've collected RFE they will then forward it to your local office and send you the interview date and advise you what additional documents to bring to the interview. So even if you didn't file for citizenship and you have a pending I751 if CSC or VSC couldn't approve it they will forward it to NBC for them to forward it to your local office however when NBC has it they now have jurisdiction over it and can decide to Approve it based on what is there or forward it for an actual interview. The NBC is like an intermediary between all local offices. A local office can only get your files from the Records Center or NBC which basically are the same place. If the local office needs a file and its at VSC for example when they request it VSC will forward it to NRC or NBC then they will forward it to your local Office. Alot of the transfers to Nebraska and Texas etc are for workload purposes. sometimes they wont update this on their site but they send them to a service center closer to you to adjudicate hoping to have some work off their backs so thats a good thing to get a transfer sometimes.

37 minutes ago, nywestq said:

ok great just want people to understand that going to the NBC is good because your cashes movements and every time its received by an office a officer will look at it to see discrepancies if there are any so this is like an opportunity to have your file moving again rather than sitting down CSC or VSC as a filed that could not be adjudicated. Those officers wont go over it again because of the volume they are receiving. so all the best to everyone approvals soon 

Thank you very much! 

This means that NBC received so many cases at this time. So they will start review the oldest cases then month by month, which means another waiting play :D  

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

On 5/5/2018 at 8:52 AM, Derwood said:

I think we can say with absolute certainty that CVS would be much quicker at approving immigration applications than CSC LOL!

Lmao! 

1 hour ago, NYCBoy said:

Any update anyone? :wacko:😓😰

Nope nothing😞.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Logging on after a while and seeing posts now.  I posted something yesterday related to this.

My timeline. 

I applied for I751 jointly April 2016

Applied for citizenship Dec 2017

Interview for I751 and biometrics for citizenship application in January 2018...same day.

At interview for I751, I went in with a sick baby and husband.  I'd had baby sick for few days and was super exhausted and unfocused and out of it.   Couldn't keep up with officer.  Having 103 fever for baby few days and not sleeping will do that and was going straight yet again from doctor office, waiting forever to be seen.  So I sort of lost it a bit though I apologized to the officer and he was really nice and said he didn't even know why we were there to begin with.  He checked everything took baby (citizen) birth certificate, said all good, he was approving case.  Asked supervisor passing by, "the couple with sick baby" and she stated to approve too.  Obviously brain dead I did not ask for stamp in passport.

Here I am still waiting though verbal approval was given.

Looking at my case number using biometrics letter, it says On April 11, 2016, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number ___, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

Yesterday I tried to use the I751 receipt number which never worked in past and I"d given up and it says On April 16, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number ___ at your local office.

So why was my case transferred to local office when i've already done one interview and was told approved in January 2018.  What is going on..

I really need proof of status for things I need to do in terms of baby.  I never got passport stamped due to last year being pregnant and now working and having baby on hand.  I've tried for months to get appt with NY office and there is nothing.  They don't take walk ins.  So what am I supposed to do.

I am stressed out about this.

Nothing on citizenship case too after biometrics.

Naturalized citizen since September 2018

I485
08/15/2007 Filed AOS based on approved I140, EB3 category (Employment Based). Received RFE and responded....Pending since then.
I-130 Timeline:
07/03/13 - I-130 packet sent
07/05/13 - I-130 packet delivered
07/10/13 - NOA 1 with PD 07/05/13
Last touched 07/10/13
12/9/13 - Case update to "transferred to another office for processing" and received text and email alert.
12/10/13 - Case update "transferred to local USCIS office for processing"
12/12/13- Case update "transferred and being processed at a USCIS office"
12/14/13 - Received 2 hard copies stating transferred to California Service Center, left Priority Date blank
2/5/2014- Email/Txt I130 approved and notice mailed.
2/10/2014-Hard Copy NOA2. Approval
Back to I485
2/21/2014-Letter sent to request conversion for old I485 from employment to marriage with copy of I485 receipt and I130 approval
03/19/2014 - Service request to check on conversion request status.
04/04/2014 - Service request status through mail stating request received for conversion and file being prepared for transfer to local office.
04/08/2014 - I485 updated to "transferred to local office"
04/12/2014 - Received transfer notice in mail stating file transferred from Nebraska to NBC Lee Summit, Montana (so disappointed as I thought it was at local office now).
04/14/2014- emailed Nebraska and scopscata to see what's going on with file due to conflicting info I've gotten and NBC doesn't even show processing I485.
04/14/2014- Got response from scopscata saying will look into email, forward to resolution team.
04/14/2014- I485 updated to "485 was transferred and is now being processed at USCIS office"
04/25/2014- Text message and case update online "testing and interview" stage.
05/06/2014- Text message and case update online with interview date of June 11, 2014.
06/05/2014-Notice sent by NYC acting district director/office that interview date is Aug 21, 2014.....??????????? No change online
06/11/2014 - Interview for AOS. I130 was already attached. Approved and got passport stamped. YAY. Thank God.
06/19/2014 - Case updated online with text and email saying new card mailed.....

06/21/2014-Condtional GC received along with welcome letter.

ROC

04/06/2016- Filed I-751 along with evidence

43 minutes ago, psv57 said:

Logging on after a while and seeing posts now.  I posted something yesterday related to this.

My timeline. 

I applied for I751 jointly April 2016

Applied for citizenship Dec 2017

Interview for I751 and biometrics for citizenship application in January 2018...same day.

At interview for I751, I went in with a sick baby and husband.  I'd had baby sick for few days and was super exhausted and unfocused and out of it.   Couldn't keep up with officer.  Having 103 fever for baby few days and not sleeping will do that and was going straight yet again from doctor office, waiting forever to be seen.  So I sort of lost it a bit though I apologized to the officer and he was really nice and said he didn't even know why we were there to begin with.  He checked everything took baby (citizen) birth certificate, said all good, he was approving case.  Asked supervisor passing by, "the couple with sick baby" and she stated to approve too.  Obviously brain dead I did not ask for stamp in passport.

Here I am still waiting though verbal approval was given.

Looking at my case number using biometrics letter, it says On April 11, 2016, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number ___, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

Yesterday I tried to use the I751 receipt number which never worked in past and I"d given up and it says On April 16, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number ___ at your local office.

So why was my case transferred to local office when i've already done one interview and was told approved in January 2018.  What is going on..

I really need proof of status for things I need to do in terms of baby.  I never got passport stamped due to last year being pregnant and now working and having baby on hand.  I've tried for months to get appt with NY office and there is nothing.  They don't take walk ins.  So what am I supposed to do.

I am stressed out about this.

Nothing on citizenship case too after biometrics.

Get an Attorney and file a Writ of Mandamus... you’ll be over in 60 days. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCBoy said:

Get an Attorney and file a Writ of Mandamus... you’ll be over in 60 days. 

I am not in position to get a lawyer and pay $$$ to do this.  With a baby on hand, I barely have time to make dinner right now at times.  Life is crazy busy and thinking of this is giving me more of a headache now.

I requested assistance from my senator office so what they did find was that my case is at NBC waiting for interview day scheduling.  I feel like filing for naturalization screwed me up because had I not, at least i'd have an answer to my I751.  Now that is stuck.  They should be unrelated in that what if for some damn reason I am not able to get my naturalization, I am still able to get conditions lifted and a permanent gc.  

I have a serious headache today.  God only knows how much longer I am stuck and now at making sure the naturalization goes through because otherwise I got nothing.

I can't get a stamp unless I go to office saying there is an emergency.  How the heck am I supposed to show an emergency?  Why the heck am I supposed to wait till an emergency when USCIS had 2 years already to process this...even did an interview.

I guess my advice...don't file for naturalization until after.  Or at least find a way to get your passport stamped during an interview.

Not having a good day...

Naturalized citizen since September 2018

I485
08/15/2007 Filed AOS based on approved I140, EB3 category (Employment Based). Received RFE and responded....Pending since then.
I-130 Timeline:
07/03/13 - I-130 packet sent
07/05/13 - I-130 packet delivered
07/10/13 - NOA 1 with PD 07/05/13
Last touched 07/10/13
12/9/13 - Case update to "transferred to another office for processing" and received text and email alert.
12/10/13 - Case update "transferred to local USCIS office for processing"
12/12/13- Case update "transferred and being processed at a USCIS office"
12/14/13 - Received 2 hard copies stating transferred to California Service Center, left Priority Date blank
2/5/2014- Email/Txt I130 approved and notice mailed.
2/10/2014-Hard Copy NOA2. Approval
Back to I485
2/21/2014-Letter sent to request conversion for old I485 from employment to marriage with copy of I485 receipt and I130 approval
03/19/2014 - Service request to check on conversion request status.
04/04/2014 - Service request status through mail stating request received for conversion and file being prepared for transfer to local office.
04/08/2014 - I485 updated to "transferred to local office"
04/12/2014 - Received transfer notice in mail stating file transferred from Nebraska to NBC Lee Summit, Montana (so disappointed as I thought it was at local office now).
04/14/2014- emailed Nebraska and scopscata to see what's going on with file due to conflicting info I've gotten and NBC doesn't even show processing I485.
04/14/2014- Got response from scopscata saying will look into email, forward to resolution team.
04/14/2014- I485 updated to "485 was transferred and is now being processed at USCIS office"
04/25/2014- Text message and case update online "testing and interview" stage.
05/06/2014- Text message and case update online with interview date of June 11, 2014.
06/05/2014-Notice sent by NYC acting district director/office that interview date is Aug 21, 2014.....??????????? No change online
06/11/2014 - Interview for AOS. I130 was already attached. Approved and got passport stamped. YAY. Thank God.
06/19/2014 - Case updated online with text and email saying new card mailed.....

06/21/2014-Condtional GC received along with welcome letter.

ROC

04/06/2016- Filed I-751 along with evidence

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/24/2018 at 5:49 PM, Mike Atta said:

CASE APPROVED!

April, 2017 - filed to remove conditions , did my biometrics around same period (Vermont)

February, 2018 - my case was transferred to my local office (Atlanta)

April 9, 2018 - Local office received my case

April 17, 2018 - Case approved (Case status check)

April 20, 2018 - got a mail confirming my approval and card is being produced. Allow 60 days for arrival of card.

So in short, I say its not necessarily a glitch nor is it an automatic request for interview.

Good Luck everyone!!!

UPDATE : 
16 Days after approval, I got a notification that my new card was mailed then hours later another telling me the Post office picked up with a Tracking number.

CardMailed.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.