aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Leo7777 said:

I never questioned that the file was moved to TSC.

I only noted that TSC does not process ROCs.  So what's with that still stands.

When you should ask USCIS why cases are transferred to TSC but their website does not indicate that. 

Anyway, as  mrs thb mentioned in I-751 July 2017 filers thread, an info we could really trust is on the Letters/Notices/ Hard Copies received from USCIS.

3 hours ago, Leo7777 said:

I never questioned that the file was moved to TSC.

I only noted that TSC does not process ROCs.  So what's with that still stands.

Well, TSC does not have a timeline listed for processing ROCs. (Which is super handy for USCIS, isn't it? We don't have any framework to make a service request.) Presumably all USCIS officers are trained to process all the different types of files, so they  are able  to process ROCs... which now, if there's been a workload transfer, they will have to do. There will most likely continue to be no way to view a timeline for how long TSC will take to process ROC files, since that form is not part of their usual brief, and unless they're going to start regularly processing that file, it's not worth it to USCIS to change their computer programming to accommodate.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

14 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

I got an RFE on march 2 from Vermont office. So the "received at local office update" is not right, at least not for me.  

"the local office" we have seen on uscis updates may not be the one we think it is (the one in one's state or near one's resident)

On 3/23/2018 at 5:30 PM, fatb said:

image.thumb.png.7b622dbd1727b649f94c88d765906683.png

Got this in my email a couple mins ago. I filed the I-751 in October 2016, CSC service center., and there was no correspondence from the USCIS since then. Like everyone else, i received the "bulk" notification in the first week of March that my case was transferred to my local office, then this today.

congrads,  that was long journey!

10 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

When you should ask USCIS why cases are transferred to TSC but their website does not indicate that. 

Anyway, as  mrs thb mentioned in I-751 July 2017 filers thread, an info we could really trust is on the Letters/Notices/ Hard Copies received from USCIS.

yeah, but the thing is that every single tiny update will trick one's nerves when one has anxiously waited for so long, 

as new immigrants, our voices are not really heard nor cared 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 8:17 AM, batasMTR said:

it seems that there is no update other than case being received or transferred to local offie. Anyone here received any new update?

February 6, 2017 CSC filer. We had those received at local office updates, 2/25, 2/26, 3/5, but I have not heard anything else. Nothing in the mail. I personally think my case is still at CSC and just got moved there. There are people who received transfers, and they normally get letters, but some people had an update that said "case was transferred and is under a new jurisdiction." I think those are the ones that were actually moved. But yeah, nothing and it is almost 1 month. I am planning to try to call this week and see if I can find out anything. I think we will just file for the N-400 soon instead of waiting. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I just got this email from USCIS. I think the name update message refers to review your file for background checks etc. My name change status was on the 13h but I got this email just today 🤷🏼‍♂️

124C2629-B08A-4ECC-B008-3E0476612704.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 2/26/2018 at 6:57 PM, Amhara said:

Wouldn't it be cool if all the ASC officers would receive the cases and if the documents have sufficient evidence, just call that person in for an I-551 stamp like they do for biometrics?  Then, if the petitioner doesn't want to apply for naturalization, but wants their 10 year GC, they can let the field office know, then they can have their interview that day, and get the GC in production?  *Dreams of efficiency*

This is not the goal of Government. The even simpler procedure would be (since they KNOW how long the approval takes), is issue s I-787 for TWO years not one year. Now as it stands, one has to schedule an INFOPass appointment and there are NONE!

Also, I heard they removed the confusing language about extension from receipt of application to date of expiry of the 2 year Green card!!

I mean come on...whats with these people?????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.