aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

February 27, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

"If you do not receive your notice by March 29, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.  "

HI folks !  Anybody has an idea what this notice will be about? 

Sept 2017 filer here .CSC

3 hours ago, solus said:

So, they actually aren't redundant.  I just spent my lunchbreak going through the different sites.  

The Case Status Online Site (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) is just that: a case status tracker, which is all we were able to do online until recently at all.

The USCIS MyAccount Site (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/) is a much broader platform.  It allows you to pay fees, change your address, and even file some forms online, including the N-400.  Right now it is limited to only a few forms (https://www.uscis.gov/file-online), but they will be helpful for a lot of us in this forum.

My personal assumption is that they will eventually move to mostly online filing.  It makes no sense to have us save pdfs of our bank statements, etc, print them out, and send them to USCIS, only to have them spend a ton of time scanning them in.  We could have just send them one giant pdf to make everyone's lives easier.  However, I use eventually in the very long term sense of the word here, because when has USCIS ever chosen to do something that would make sense or make everyone's lives easier?

Anyhow, there are definitely differences in the information received from both websites.

For the I-751 Receipt Number from the NOA I have:

From the Case Tracker Site - The notice about the case being received at my local office on February 27 and the case history showing the request I sent for a non-received notice.

On the USCIS MyAccount Site - The notice about them receiving my case on December 14th and my fee being waived (which it is not - known glitch, but I thought it useful to specify that I have not actually used a fee waiver), the same update for February 25th and February 27th.  No mention of the request I submitted.

For the CRI-89 Biometrics Receipt Number I have:

From the Case Tracker Site - The your case was received December 14th standard message.  That'a all.

On the USCIS MyAccount Site - The notice about them receiving my case on December 16th (new date...) and my fee being waived and no further updates.  Oddly, the case information bar at the top says it was submitted December 15th, though all of the other sites and tracking numbers say the 14th; only this one lists the 15th and 16th.

I am seriously starting to think they do this for fun to brighten up what must be very boring jobs...

Thanks for the new website. I'm using it and adding my cases to it. But it kinda make no sense on my receipt number history, I have THREE "your case was received" and "If you do not received by 25, 28,29 March" lol...

I'm so confused haha

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

3 hours ago, emcia_81 said:

I decided to give another try and I called USCIS during my lunch. The Tier 2 lady confirmed that my case is at the local office but she wasn't aware of what is going on. She seemed to be very sincere and really wanted to help. She mentioned that she received tons of similar calls but no one in her office is informed of anything. She thinks that there might be another update in the next 2 weeks but it's only her guessing. When I asked her if this can indicate an interview she said that interviews are rare. RFE's are happening more often and one of the reason they send them, they want to have an updated status on the ongoing marriage.

That would be a bit of an issue if they want an updated dossier of marriage evidence, considering all of us have been waiting about a year and a half at this point :P

Edit: Not all of us, I somehow got confused and thought this was the Sept 2016 filers' thread.

Edited by Ketsuban

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My wife got this message "On March 5, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number (Redacted), at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We filed Nov of 2016 so it seems like their just transferring to local offices to reduce the workload.

If anyone wants to text me about this feel free at six five one - three one seven - three four five one, would love to chat about this and figure this out, also if you got a approved message after this, let me know as well.

34 minutes ago, samku06 said:

My wife got this message "On March 5, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number (Redacted), at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We filed Nov of 2016 so it seems like their just transferring to local offices to reduce the workload.

If anyone wants to text me about this feel free at six five one - three one seven - three four five one, would love to chat about this and figure this out, also if you got a approved message after this, let me know as well.

You must live in Minnesota

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

1 minute ago, samku06 said:

Yes I do live in Minnesota, is this process happening to everyone in MN?

We're in Minnesota too. We've gotten the two transfers: Feb 26 and March 5th. Feb 2017 CSC filer.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

We're in Minnesota too. We've gotten the two transfers: Feb 26 and March 5th. Feb 2017 CSC filer.

So on this site https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant this is what I see, we had three transfers, see below.

Can you text me, would love to chat and figure this out.

November 30, 2016

We received your case

Read the notice we mailed you for more information about how we will process your case

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by December 30, 2016, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

February 25, 2018

We received your case

If you do not receive your notice by March 27, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

February 26, 2018

We received your case

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

On the expanded desktop version for the new web site "... dhs.gov", the case status tab for I-751 says this:

"February 26, 2018

We received your case

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us"

But if I  click on the tab f case history, I see what's in the picture I posted.

The case status for the CRI 89 looks much like the last entry undercase history for I 751.

As stumped as you all, hoping that something's going to show up by the end of this month.  ( sorry, the pictures posted in the wrong order.)

Screenshot_20180307-191317.png

20180307_192109.png

Edited by Sinthea

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico
K-1 Visa

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-129 sent: 2013-10-09

NOA1: 2013-10-15

NOA2: 2013-11-06

NVC received: 2013-12-06

NVC left: 2013-12-10

Consulate received: 2013-12-11

Packet 3 (letter of invitation) sent from Consulate: 2013-12-27

Packet 3 (letter of invitation) received: 2013-1-11

Interview date: 2014-01-27

Interview result: Approved for visa!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa received: 2014-01-29

Adjustment of Status:

I-485 sent: 2014-4-22

NOA: 2014-4-30

Biometrics appt: 2014-12-11

Interview date: 2014-12-11

Approved: 2015-5-26 Green Card received: heart.gif
Removal  of Conditions:
Date filed: 2017-05-24  California Services Center
NOA: 2017-05-26
Biometrics appt: 2017-06-15
Pending..... :ph34r:

Citizenship through Naturalization, N 400

Date filed:  2018-5-11 Electronic Application 

Field office: Portland, Oregon 

NOA:  2018-5-11  -electronic copy

Received biometrics notice in mail:  2018-5-17

Biometrics appt:  2018-5-31

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sinthea said:

On the expanded desktop version for the new web site "... dhs.gov", the case status tab for I-751 says this:

"February 26, 2018

We received your case

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us"

But if I  click on the tab f case history, I see what's in the picture I posted.

The case status for the CRI 89 looks much like the last entry undercase history for I 751.

As stumped as you all, hoping that something's going to show up by the end of this month.  ( sorry, the pictures posted in the wrong order.)

Screenshot_20180307-191317.png

20180307_192109.png

I can't believe how confusing they make all this for us. I am going to check with the senators office tomorrow if I get a chance about this.

28 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

is that because california has several local offices?

Oh wow that's something new!

Anyway its kinda funny after reading so many "YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING AT THIS TIME" lol it feels like, OK I GET IT!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR :jest:

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

So here is the next question, which timeline do I follow?

Before I used to go check the processing times for the California Service Center where my paperwork was originally sent too, however there is no page to go check the processing times of the local office.

16 hours ago, solus said:

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.