aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

I don't understand why people are still trying to say this is not a glitch. It has been proven from so many angles

that this is just some sort of error.

Can someone please close this thread?

9 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

I don't understand why people are still trying to say this is not a glitch. It has been proven from so many angles

that this is just some sort of error.

Can someone please close this thread?

It's not proven until USCIS states it that it was by mistake. I would not take Tier 2 officers seriously. And we have not see any CSC approvals beyond Sept 22, 2016 NOA1 dates, so it actually supports local offices transfers theory. 

Edited by mycase17

Some officers have said they have been transferred others have said its a glitch. So we don't have a definitive yet.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

I hope this thread is not locked.  We have a whole lot of eager people that want to know what is going on!  We will only truly know by getting case updates from each other.  If the messages continue, then there will be another thread with the same question and blah blah.  Might as well hang on and see!

Signature coming soon...

Check the October 2016 thread.. someone posted mid-February that they got an approval letter from their local office and a notice to do a 2nd biometric appointment. This post seems to have gotten missed, no one ever answered it. I asked them what happened, maybe they come back and update us. 

This should fix it!  We should check tomorrow:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

Signature coming soon...

13 minutes ago, Amhara said:

I hope this thread is not locked.  We have a whole lot of eager people that want to know what is going on!  We will only truly know by getting case updates from each other.  If the messages continue, then there will be another thread with the same question and blah blah.  Might as well hang on and see!

See the last few pages in the April 2017 thread.  A Vermont file was transferred to the local office last week, and the case was approved this week...  Good Luck!

Someone in ROC February 2017 filers thread was approved 2 days after receiving the "received at local office" status. She got her approval letter in the mail and it's from the local office.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

1 hour ago, Scazy said:

This!! 

@Kitsunehana already went for an interview before this message even appeared, means the case was already at local office before January. 

No way her case travelled back to cervice center and then back again to local office. 

Just another proof it's a glitch. 

Now, I have a question; @Kitsunehana when your case was transferred to local office to be set for the interview, did your status changed at another WAC number (that used to work all the way through the process, not the one that shows new bug with February 28 date)? 

Have you also been notified through mail that your case have been transferred to local office way back in December or whenever the real transfer happened? 

Please let me know 

Hi @Scazy, Nope i did not received any mail from USCIS. that they will sent my case to the local office here in Missouri. I just checked my other WAC Number today and still case received while the other WAC# says Case was Received at my Local Office.

Case Was Received

On October 31, 2017, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number WAC1802XXXXX, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 30, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Every time i checked the other WAC # it was error all the time before.

here is my timeline so for my Removal Conditions of Residency

Sent ROC Packet USPS 1 day Express   : October 30, 2017
USCIS Received Packet                             : October 31, 2017
Received 1 year Extension Letter             : November 6, 2017
Received Bio metrics Letter                       : November 16, 2017
Bio metrics Done                                         : November 28, 2017
Received Interview Letter                         : December 12, 2017
ROC Interview in St. Louis MO                 : January 18, 2017

So far the interviewer asked us how I and my husband met? and the interviewer told me that I have to wait for 2months for my Green card? then asked me 3 times if I am going to apply for Citizenship ? and told me I can file by December 15, 2018, for my citizenship? she told us she can't approve yet my Green card because my A File Folder is not on her desk and she has to review it first? Whew. I am just confused right now.  It's over a month now and i do not have any idea what will happen next

22 minutes ago, Amhara said:

This should fix it!  We should check tomorrow:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage

How often does USCIS conduct system maintenance like this; when was the last one? Does anyone know? 

It could indicate it was a glitch that they need up to 3 hours to fix. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

36 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

How often does USCIS conduct system maintenance like this; when was the last one? Does anyone know? 

It could indicate it was a glitch that they need up to 3 hours to fix. 

System maintenance is pretty common.  Hopefully this will fix the messages if it is a glitch!

Signature coming soon...

March 2017 CSC filer here. I spoke with a Tier 1 that said my husbands case WAS transferred to local office and gave me the Local office it was transferred to.

Spoke to a couple lawyers and convo was:

Me:
I751 transferred to Local Office? Please help answer.
I looked up my status today of my i751 (filed March 2017 at CSC) and it says transferred to local office.  From what i understand they dont do (or arent capable of because of amount of workers) approvals or denials for i751? I have at seen at least 20 people with same transfer just today. Any insight? Thank you so much in advance.
Answer 1: 
Posted Monday at 11:15pm
it could be that, or it could be a transfer for interview to be scheduled.

Answer 2: 
Posted yesterday at 12:16pm
I'm not sure what you mean by not capable of approvals or denials. The I-751 can be adjudicated beginning to end at either the service center, or local office. 

Spoiler

I-130

Sent : 5/01/2014

I-130 NOA1 : 05/12/2014
I-130 Approved : 10/06/2014
NVC Received : 10/31/2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 11/25/2014
Paid AOS: 11/25/2014
Sent AOS: 11/25/2014
Sent IV Package: 11/25/2014
Submitted DS-261: 11/25/2014
Receive IV Bill : 12/12/2014
Paid IV Bill: 12/12/2014
60 Day Scan Date Email Received: 12/16/2014
Checklist Received - 02/17/2015
Second AOS Scan Date - 2/23/2015
Case Completed at NVC : 03/26/2015 :dancing:
Medical Appointment Date: 05/07/2015
Interview Date: 6/02/2015
Interview Result : Approved  

ROC

03/08/2017 I-751 Package Sent

03/09/2017 I-751 Package delivered (CSC)

03/09/2017 I-751 NOA1 date

03/15/2017 Checks cashed

03/19/2017 NOA1 letter in the mail 

03/25/2017 Received Biometric appointment Letter

04/07/2017 Biometric  Appointments 10am

02/25/2018 Email Transferred to Local Office

02/26/2018 Email Transferred to Local Office

05/01/2018 Email Transferred to another office

05/01/2018 Email Receiving Case

05/03/2018 Email Transfer to Local Office 

05/03/2018 Email Transfer to Local Office (Yes, twice)

05/09/2018 Mail Transferred to NBC Lee Summit MO

05/21/2018 i-551-Appointment: Approved

Interview: June 12, 2018

Interview Result: Approved

N-400

Service Center : Filed Online

CIS Office : Jacksonville FL

03/17/2018 - Date Filed 

03/17/2018  - NOA Date 

04/13/2018 - Biometrics Appt.

Interview Email/ Uscis Status Change - 05/08/2018

Interview: June 12, 2018

Interview Result: Approved 

Naturalization Ceremony:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Guys,

I had an infopass appointment today. The office told me that my case is still in CSC.  I told him about the update online. He looked up online  and was surprised to see the message saying it is received at the field office, but he confirmed it is not in Chicago local office where I am based. 

After getting out of Chicago USCIS office, I called up the helpline. The lady on the phone took my case number and told me that the original NOA never used to work as that for an internal database and that they are updating the systems and the message is kind of a placeholder.

I also just got back from an InfoPass appointment at our local office this morning.

The officer also said our case was NOT at their office! He said it would only come to their office if an interview was needed, and that they would send a letter if that was the case. I tried to ask about the "received at local office" message, and he just said they may or may not have moved it to some other office, but it wasn't at theirs. He couldn't provide any more information than this.

Anyway, we got the stamp for one year in the passport, so that is at least some relief... back to waiting! :whistle:

Spoiler

K-1 Fiance Visa:
I-129F Sent:     2013-09-30
I-129F NOA1:     2013-10-03
I-129F NOA2:     2013-11-01
Interview Date:     2014-01-15
US Entry:     2014-02-06
Marriage:     2014-03-22

Adjustment Of Status:
Date Filed:     2014-04-19
NOA Date:     2014-04-24
Bio. Appt.:     2014-05-27
Interview waived!!

Approval Date:     2015-04-06
Greencard Received:     2015-04-15

Removing Conditions:
Date Filed:     2017-01-23
NOA Date:     2017-01-27

Bio. Appt.:     2017-02-13

"Case received at local office":    2018-02-26 and 2018-03-05 --- Not a case transfer. Still waiting!

Approved:     2018-06-22

5 minutes ago, appz said:

Guys,

I had an infopass appointment today. The office told me that my case is still in CSC.  I told him about the update online. He looked up online  and was surprised to see the message saying it is received at the field office, but he confirmed it is not in Chicago local office where I am based. 

After getting out of Chicago USCIS office, I called up the helpline. The lady on the phone took my case number and told me that the original NOA never used to work as that for an internal database and that they are updating the systems and the message is kind of a placeholder.

2 minutes ago, AmelieAino said:

I also just got back from an InfoPass appointment at our local office this morning.

The officer also said our case was NOT at their office! He said it would only come to their office if an interview was needed, and that they would send a letter if that was the case. I tried to ask about the "received at local office" message, and he just said they may or may not have moved it to some other office, but it wasn't at theirs. He couldn't provide any more information than this.

Anyway, we got the stamp for one year in the passport, so that is at least some relief... back to waiting! :whistle:

Thank you for the info. It looks like USCIS is going through some maintenance tonight and hopefully we will have a more accurate info on our cases tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.