aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, solus said:

I never really thought about this issue before as we have no common red flags, but how would one verify that USCIS agents really are who they say they are?

Federal employees with face to face contact roles have pocket credentials.  It’s like a passport and should have their name, agency and such.

Signature coming soon...

9 minutes ago, Amhara said:

Federal employees with face to face contact roles have pocket credentials.  It’s like a passport and should have their name, agency and such.

Thank you for the reply.  IDs can be faked.  We have had an issue with police IDs and ConEd (gas and electric, meter readers) IDs being faked in the area.  Even though we are in a village, we are also still only about 30 minutes from NYC; we get all the criminals who think the suburbs are soft targets...  I never trust an ID on its own and always call and verify.  I'm assuming USCIS has nothing similar?

6 hours ago, ElDuderino said:

So we're screwed either way. What a relief. :jest:

THANKS OBAMA.

I dont see it that way honestly. Its VERY likely a system glitch, so we only screwed by the waiting time at the Cervice center..If not stress too much about it ( i know its easy to say) we still can live a  life including overseas vacations etc. I stressed out a lot when i saw absurd  status that my fees were waived and then found hudreds more ppl with the same bug, so now im a little bit less concerned with online status thing 

4 hours ago, Amhara said:

I would assume that a glitch would apply to everyone.  Since I was seeing three different dates in my search, I don't understand how this would be a systemic, general glitch.  

based on experience with other glitches that i mentioned above, its very possible and can break the brain if you trying to undestand how it works really. But idea of both Cervice centers ppl sitting and manually choosing which case to send to local and which to keep considering we talking about thousands of them seems less likely to me than any irrational computer glitch 

3 hours ago, LTGermany said:

Edited to add: it also fits in with people hearing that there are going to be more interviews and people getting unannounced home visits from local officers which seems to be a new thing

Home visits is definetely not a new thing. There is a whole unit in charge or investigations as such. 

I don't even know how a home visit would work for us. For one thing, management disabled our door buzzer for "reasons" quite a few months ago and don't look to be intending to enable it again any time soon. So they can press that button til kingdom come for all the good it will do!

For another, we're rarely ever home, let alone at the same time, due to work commitments. When I get home it's night time and I'm not answering the door at night if they somehow gain illegal entry into the building (we get utility scammers too ;)). Maybe they make phone calls when no one answers like "hey sup we're here to pry" but then that kind of defeats the whole "unannounced" aspect of it.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

2 hours ago, Ketsuban said:

I don't even know how a home visit would work for us. For one thing, management disabled our door buzzer for "reasons" quite a few months ago and don't look to be intending to enable it again any time soon. So they can press that button til kingdom come for all the good it will do!

For another, we're rarely ever home, let alone at the same time, due to work commitments. When I get home it's night time and I'm not answering the door at night if they somehow gain illegal entry into the building (we get utility scammers too ;)). Maybe they make phone calls when no one answers like "hey sup we're here to pry" but then that kind of defeats the whole "unannounced" aspect of it.

Unless your case BARELY made it successfully through AOS and it required several interviews even separate ones or even things like denials which got reversed on immigration courts. I HIGHLY DOUBT they're going to be making surprise home visits to most ROC applicants. You see, ROC is a different process than AOS. In AOS YOU (the applicant) has the burden of proof to demonstrate your marriage is legitimate. The state accepts or rejects your evidence and makes a decision of the case based on it. On ROC, THE STATE has the burden of proof to demonstrate the marriage which they previously acknowledge as legitimate, has been proved to be a SHAM. And for that reason ROC interviews and rare and up until now ROC applications took way less time (used to be 8 months)  than AOS applications. Is a way simpler process because is basically a confirmation of a previously made favorable decision . Also it is worth mentioning, that the hypothesis going around of a "policy change" that is requiring interviews and house visits for most applicants is pretty WEAK when submitted to scrutiny. First, for the reasons stated above ROC places the burden of proof on the state and most applications that made it to this point won't be plagued with red flags (this is more characteristic of AOS applications) only a minority will required close scrutiny. Second, carrying out house visits and interviews for most or all ROC applications is a LOGISTICS NIGHTMARE. We're talking about HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of applicants around the country. USCIS simply doesn't have the resources for such a task. HENCE why house visits EVEN ON AOS applications are RARE. 

Edited by Jack88

On 2/26/2018 at 11:42 AM, mycase17 said:

Just got this. 

On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1704000xxx, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

It will be interesting to see how many gets interviews? Or perhaps I-751 has mandatory interviews from now as there was lot of talk about it on past. 

I also checked around 20-30 cases around me and every case says that it has been transferred to local office. 

I have the same update too. but I just had my ROC Interview last January 18, 2018. I filed my ROC last year October 30, 2017 .. now I am getting confused if I am going to have another interview too? 

On February 28, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxx, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

11 hours ago, appz said:

Hi Guys,

I am an October 2016 Filer. My original NOA receipt number also says that the case has been received at my Local office. I have an info-pass appointment scheduled tomorrow to get i551 stamp ( in 2017 they gave me only a 6 months stamp). I will check with the officer there and update here. Lets see what they say now. 

My Local office is in Chicago.

Interesting I am in Chicago and filed 2015 

and get transfer In my Local office . Let me now please what say for you oficer .

Alex 

11 hours ago, appz said:

Hi Guys,

I am an October 2016 Filer. My original NOA receipt number also says that the case has been received at my Local office. I have an info-pass appointment scheduled tomorrow to get i551 stamp ( in 2017 they gave me only a 6 months stamp). I will check with the officer there and update here. Lets see what they say now. 

My Local office is in Chicago.

Let me now please get same story 

July 2017 CSC filer here. 

"On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxx, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

K1 visa

05/23/2014 - I-129F package sent

05/30/2014 - I-129F NOA1

08/05/2014 - I-129F approved (NOA2)

11/25/2014 - Interview (approved)

11/27/2014 - Visa in hand

12/06/2014 - POE

01/30/2015 - Wedding

AOS

03/03/2015 - I-485, I-765, I-131 package sent

03/10/2015 - I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1

03/31/2015 - Biometrics appt

05/13/2015 - I-765, I-131 approved (NOA2)

05/20/2015 - Combo card in hand

06/11/2015 - NPIW

09/24/2015 - I-485 approved (NOA2)

10/01/2015 - 2-year green card in hand

ROC

07/24/2017 - I-751 package sent

07/26/2017 - I-751 NOA1

08/25/2018 - 18-month extension letter received (dated 08/18/2018)

10/25/2018 - I-751 approved (NOA2)

10/31/2018 - 10-year green card in hand

Filed: Timeline

As an IT person, I am fairly sure we are merely seeing a "default message" that is constructed from available data.

"Your local office" is likely a text representation of null "office ID" (as opposed to a specific value corresponding to CSC, VSC and the like). 

Note that the actual text does not say anything about "transfer", and gives no reason for such an assumption.  The term they used is "we received", which is correct wrt. any form that was sent to USCIS and not lost in transit. 

These messages have a date in a narrow range, likely derived from the time when the database was updated. Any minor variation in dates can be easily attributed to the length of such an update, or having to run it in batches.

FWIW, a wide range of case ids around ours carries the same message.

If I were a betting man, I'd be willing to bet quite a bit on this being a simple database change with a less than perfect choice of words. Nothing to see here. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, br9k said:

As an IT person, I am fairly sure we are merely seeing a "default message" that is constructed from available data.

"Your local office" is likely a text representation of null "office ID" (as opposed to a specific value corresponding to CSC, VSC and the like). 

Note that the actual text does not say anything about "transfer", and gives no reason for such an assumption.  The term they used is "we received", which is correct wrt. any form that was sent to USCIS and not lost in transit. 

These messages have a date in a narrow range, likely derived from the time when the database was updated. Any minor variation in dates can be easily attributed to the length of such an update, or having to run it in batches.

FWIW, a wide range of case ids around ours carries the same message.

If I were a betting man, I'd be willing to bet quite a bit on this being a simple database change with a less than perfect choice of words. Nothing to see here. 

I'm in IT as well, although more from the management side than the technical end. I've seen messaging screw ups during my career and I while I agree with you that this seems to be default messaging, I would still think that the actual content of the messaging might be accurate. If no cases are actually being transferred and this message is false, then I would have expected that the updates would have been stopped by someone in IT. Instead, they've continued to occur on 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, and 2/28. So I think the jury is still out on what all these updates actually mean in terms of the impact on our cases.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

10 hours ago, Kitsunehana said:

I have the same update too. but I just had my ROC Interview last January 18, 2018. I filed my ROC last year October 30, 2017 .. now I am getting confused if I am going to have another interview too? 

On February 28, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxx, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This!! 

@Kitsunehana already went for an interview before this message even appeared, means the case was already at local office before January. 

No way her case travelled back to cervice center and then back again to local office. 

Just another proof it's a glitch. 

Now, I have a question; @Kitsunehana when your case was transferred to local office to be set for the interview, did your status changed at another WAC number (that used to work all the way through the process, not the one that shows new bug with February 28 date)? 

Have you also been notified through mail that your case have been transferred to local office way back in December or whenever the real transfer happened? 

Please let me know 

It actually might not be a glitch after all this has happened before. On this thread from 2013 there was transfers to local offices and soon after approvals.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/449723-cri89-transferred-to-local-field-office-from-vsc/?page=16

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.