aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jimbo09 said:

If i'm in your shoes, I would welcome the interview right now!  Its a lot better than being in the dark and playing the waiting game.  At least you know what is coming with an interview and just resolve any issue that may pop up.

Question is WHEN that possible interview happen if local offices receives hundreds cases which they don't usually process in amounts like this at the top of already existing backlog at all major cities and being a least priority. Plus you can't track nothing once it's there. Don't get the logic behind exitement about that so called transfer whatsoever. 

Edited by Scazy

So I called USCIS today just because I was curious to see what they would say. I only spoke to a Tier 1 officer. 

I specifically asked the guy "So I've heard that this is some sort of glitch, is that true or is this a legitimate update?" and he said that this is not a glitch

I also asked, "so have you been receiving lots of calls about this type of update?" and he said Yes, and again assured me that it was not a glitch, and that

I would most likely be scheduled for an interview or that they transferred it to look at it closer and get the card produced.

He sounded confident, but who knows if this is really the truth. I know other people have called and gotten different information..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Question is WHEN that possible interview happen if local offices receives hundreds cases which they don't usually process in amounts like this at the top of already existing backlog at all major cities and being a least priority. Plus you can't track nothing once it's there. Don't get the logic behind exitement about that so called transfer whatsoever. 

There's only 3 possible outcomes out of this:

1. The transfer really happened, and the cases are processed quicker, with the usual number of interviews (low).

2. The transfer really happened, but now every case is required to be interviewed, which is impossible given the amount of cases can be processed locally, and we keep waiting forever for our RoC.

3. This is all a glitch, and nothing really happened and we keep waiting forever as we are now.

12 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

So I called USCIS today just because I was curious to see what they would say. I only spoke to a Tier 1 officer. 

I specifically asked the guy "So I've heard that this is some sort of glitch, is that true or is this a legitimate update?" and he said that this is not a glitch

I also asked, "so have you been receiving lots of calls about this type of update?" and he said Yes, and again assured me that it was not a glitch, and that

I would most likely be scheduled for an interview or that they transferred it to look at it closer and get the card produced.

He sounded confident, but who knows if this is really the truth. I know other people have called and gotten different information..

So I called back again right away, just to see if another Tier 1 officer would say the same thing. But the 2nd office I spoke too did not sound like she knew what she was talking about at all, and when I asked her if she had heard about this specific update, she said she had not heard anything. So I requested a Tier 2 officer and they're going to call me back in an hour. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

So I called back again right away, just to see if another Tier 1 officer would say the same thing. But the 2nd office I spoke too did not sound like she knew what she was talking about at all, and when I asked her if she had heard about this specific update, she said she had not heard anything. So I requested a Tier 2 officer and they're going to call me back in an hour. 

Let us know please what they say. Thanks 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

Thank you for calling! We are all tuned in and alert to whats going on. 

30 minutes ago, ElDuderino said:

There's only 3 possible outcomes out of this:

1. The transfer really happened, and the cases are processed quicker, with the usual number of interviews (low).

No chance it would be processed quicker as the local USICS not hiring additional employees just to make your wait less, it would go as low priority case at the top of what they dealing with. Fox example, n400 at my local office 13 months. Top priority btw. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Scazy said:

No chance it would be processed quicker as the local USICS not hiring additional employees just to make your wait less, it would go as low priority case at the top of what they dealing with. Fox example, n400 at my local office 13 months. Top priority btw. 

So we're screwed either way. What a relief. :jest:

THANKS OBAMA.

There is another topic here with the same name. Can an admin merge them please   

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

1 hour ago, njblue said:

Let us know please what they say. Thanks 

Yes, plz let us know. This all situation is so confusing, and the most frustrating thing is that no one  can give us a true answer on what is going on...

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

1 minute ago, Inna&Chris said:

Yes, plz let us know. This all situation is so confusing, and the most frustrating thing is that no one  can give us a true answer on what is going on...

If you're feeling frustrated about it I would call USCIS  and ask them about it. Ask the agent if they will transfer you to a Tier 2 agent, and then you can schedule a call back from them. I feel better after speaking to an actual employee, so maybe you will too.

Using an app, I tried to search for 500 cases around my case number. Out of the 500, around 30 of them are showing "Validation Error". This clearly means that their status was not updated to "Case received at local office"

Not sure if this means anything, but if it was a glitch wouldn't everyone receive the update?

Also, the 500 cases I searched are all CSC cases with WAC at the beginning and are all I-751.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.