2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JGHH said:

Ok I'm confused.... how do you find this info out?   Thanks! 

...they have started moving onto 7th.

Follow @Naes for her daily scans.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
47 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Thanks!  Maybe @Naes can tell me how she gets the info?   Im so confused by all of this,  I'm just trying to learn :)

Thanks

Timeline

So.... I kinda lost my February Filers thread!!

02/02/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/20/18 - Petition Rejected and sent back to me (wrong fee amount sent) 

2/20/2018 Re-sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

03/01/18 - Text/Email Notice  of NOA1 (dated 2/26/2018)

03/02/18 - Check Cashed

03/16/18 - Hard Copy of NOA1

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

11/18/18 - Wedding date  I LOVE my Khal :wub::wub:

Timeline
5 hours ago, JGHH said:

Thanks!  Maybe @Naes can tell me how she gets the info?   Im so confused by all of this,  I'm just trying to learn :)

Thanks

You can track your case via USCIS website or download an App. (Spinach or Case Tracker).

Timeline
22 hours ago, BibisCoco said:

So.... I kinda lost my February Filers thread!!

Hi,

Feel free to hang out here with us, January folks. I like to read other months as well to get updates at to whats going on and learn some lessons without having to go through it myself. We have a few folks filing for fiances from Africa in this thread.

but if you want to join the February 2018 thread, here is the link.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Do you guys think a NOA2 by June1st is possible for NOA1 on January 2nd at current speeds?

We are hoping that would be the case and our fiances could be here by July!! and we can still have a good chance for a late summer wedding in August, September or October.

I have a strong belief that we might start seeing approvals by May.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/8/2018 at 5:53 AM, JGHH said:

Ok I'm confused.... how do you find this info out?   Thanks! 

On 3/8/2018 at 6:00 AM, ChuAni said:

September 14 as of this hour :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

We are hoping that would be the case and our fiances could be here by July!! and we can still have a good chance for a late summer wedding in August, September or October.

I have a strong belief that we might start seeing approvals by May.

Seriously? NOA2 in May? Don't get my hopes up 😮😮😮

Timeline
16 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Seriously? NOA2 in May? Don't get my hopes up 😮😮😮

Why not if they jump through September to December (about 14000 cases) through April?

realistic? no.

possible? Umm I don't think so....

but then when it's uscis....

wasnt somebody here saying in January that they will do January cases in 4 months??

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Naes said:

Why not if they jump through September to December (about 14000 cases) through April?

realistic? no.

possible? Umm I don't think so....

but then when it's uscis....

wasnt somebody here saying in January that they will do January cases in 4 months??

What is more realistic in your humble opinion? Early June? My timeline says July 10th

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

What is more realistic in your humble opinion? Early June? My timeline says July 10th

I cannot say anything on a personal case based as we may all just get stuck to security checks etc. but to start I would say they are trying to keep the wait times down and they started September on day 179. So if they go like this I would expect it to go down to 165ish at least.

early to mid June is a good possibility at this moment.

if they can actually recover more even late May is possible.

but to remember that this means only to start. By following this route they are leaving a lot of people behind.

if we think they go 9000 approvals per quarter. And they start new quarter in April with November..

My wish is though it to go a lot faster and you guys to go down to 150s. But after seeing all May-june and how fast it went bad, I just can't say it...

These are all guesstimates though.

they usually go to next month by the half of cases are somewhat touched from the old month and that would be about 7000 cases. 

Timeline

Super helpful information. Thank you. It seems crazy how some people get untouched for months while others are getting approved. I can understand a few weeks discrepancy or even a month but 2 to 3 months is wild.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.