2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Naes said:

Use the website it's always better unless you want to check other cases ;) 

@Naes, I did install the app on my phone and scanned 100 up and down just for my own entertainment. next month or so, it wouldn't be so entertaining anymore 

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, iwir said:

@Naes, I did install the app on my phone and scanned 100 up and down just for my own entertainment. next month or so, it wouldn't be so entertaining anymore 

Hehe I know it is really boring when your month is not active yet..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Gday everyone, just got a question about the process from NOA2 to the interview. The estimated date for NOA2 is mid August and I’m heading to Europe for a month in September. 

From the NOA2, it gets sent to the NVC and then to the embassy? I’m assuming this process will take a few weeks. 

When you get the letter from the embassy is there a time limit to get it all done by? Like I said, I’ll be in Europe and then hopefully I’ll be able to get everything done and head to USA in a few weeks after I return. 

Hope that makes sense

thanjs for your help

Timeline
5 minutes ago, angusdonald13 said:

Gday everyone, just got a question about the process from NOA2 to the interview. The estimated date for NOA2 is mid August and I’m heading to Europe for a month in September. 

From the NOA2, it gets sent to the NVC and then to the embassy? I’m assuming this process will take a few weeks. 

When you get the letter from the embassy is there a time limit to get it all done by? Like I said, I’ll be in Europe and then hopefully I’ll be able to get everything done and head to USA in a few weeks after I return. 

Hope that makes sense

thanjs for your help

From noa2 there is a validity period, not the embassy.

you need to schedule your interview within 4 months or you should extend it by contacting the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

From noa2 there is a validity period, not the embassy.

you need to schedule your interview within 4 months or you should extend it by contacting the embassy.

Thanks for your help naes, so 4 months from the NOA2 date ? 

@Naes I really have to admire you. You don't seem to live in Japan. You live in VJ. you're always there when we need you the most and I really appreciate it. I hope you'll stay with us even after you get your newly minted US passport :D 

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Timeline
7 minutes ago, iwir said:

@Naes I really have to admire you. You don't seem to live in Japan. You live in VJ. you're always there when we need you the most and I really appreciate it. I hope you'll stay with us even after you get your newly minted US passport :D 

That would be sad if I did that...

I don't have much to do and was about to move out of japan when we decided to get married.. so I'm kind of stuck here with tons of free time.....I don't count to noa2 for example I count to quit my job :D

vj (mostly) calms my nerves during this wait.

14 hours ago, lilit829 said:

Happy Valentine's Day Janies (does that work?).  Feeling a bit down today, special days are always harder :( Close to tears the entire morning. Just trying to think that we won't have to go through this next Valentine's. 

My fiancé forgot which day Valentine's day was...:jest:

Belated but happy Valentine's to you. ;) Chin up - with any luck we'll be there by Halloween!~

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

On 13. 2. 2018 at 7:19 PM, liish said:

Hi all

Reading the previous discussions under this topic, I became confused about one thing. Is it necessary for both the Petitioner and Beneficiary to add copies of their passport pages? The Petitioner included their birth certificate (US citizen). But I don't recall reading in the instructions that I needed to add my passport copies as well? (I am the Beneficiary). 

If anyone could clear this up for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Hey @liish, there's no need to send copies of both passports, if you included Petitioner's Birth Certificate already. We sent just my passport copy (Beneficiary), my fiancé's Birth Certificate and just a part of his passport because of passport stamps as a proof that he was visiting. So no worries, you did well ^_^

Hey there,

I have been a silent memeber until this point, just sitting and reading through posts, getting myself completely freaked out every now and then. I feel calmer now because I know I am not alone in this. I am amazed and inspired by all of you! It is so amazing to have such a huge support group, we'll make it together till the end! THANK YOU!:wub:

1 hour ago, KaterinaH said:

Hey there,

I have been a silent memeber until this point, just sitting and reading through posts, getting myself completely freaked out every now and then. I feel calmer now because I know I am not alone in this. I am amazed and inspired by all of you! It is so amazing to have such a huge support group, we'll make it together till the end! THANK YOU!:wub:

Yes we will get there soon! We are closer together as the days go on....

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi January Team, 

I had some down time this morning and i was reading about the 4 couples that filed on November 16th, 2017 and got their NOA2 in 68 days. I know we are all preparing for the long way and planning wedding for pretty much end of the year. I am learning this process is unpredictable and to just be ready, for at any time now, your case might be approved. Not saying to make set plans but we should be ready to be mobile at any time, just like the military teaches soldiers to be ready at any moment.

2 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi January Team, 

I had some down time this morning and i was reading about the 4 couples that filed on November 16th, 2017 and got their NOA2 in 68 days. I know we are all preparing for the long way and planning wedding for pretty much end of the year. I am learning this process is unpredictable and to just be ready, for at any time now, your case might be approved. Not saying to make set plans but we should be ready to be mobile at any time, just like the military teaches soldiers to be ready at any moment.

Wow I didn't see those 4 u are talking about were the cases expedited cases? We are def ready.....

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
54 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

Wow I didn't see those 4 u are talking about were the cases expedited cases? We are def ready.....

Not expedited, just very lucky 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.