2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys,

Out of curiosity, cases that are denied because of improper filling or lack of signature on the necessary pages, do they get denied as soon as USCIS receives them? I'm asking bc when I check case numbers close to mine I see that some I-130 and I-530 got their petitions rejected because is those two reasons. But I didn't see that happen to any I-129 yet. And on the case status of these I-130 and I-539 it can only see the notification date of the rejection so idk if these petitions have been there for awhile or got their the same day as mine.

In other words, if someone was to get rejected of the above reasons would they get the rejection notice within a few days (like during a NoA1) or would they only know the case was rejected during the adjudication phase (and receive the notice as a NoA2) which would be after months of waiting.

I'm asking this bc after my lawyer forgot to include my fiancée's proof of citizenship I keep thinking the worst of the worst lol.

Thanks in advance anyone.

20 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Hi guys,

Out of curiosity, cases that are denied because of improper filling or lack of signature on the necessary pages, do they get denied as soon as USCIS receives them? I'm asking bc when I check case numbers close to mine I see that some I-130 and I-530 got their petitions rejected because is those two reasons. But I didn't see that happen to any I-129 yet. And on the case status of these I-130 and I-539 it can only see the notification date of the rejection so idk if these petitions have been there for awhile or got their the same day as mine.

In other words, if someone was to get rejected of the above reasons would they get the rejection notice within a few days (like during a NoA1) or would they only know the case was rejected during the adjudication phase (and receive the notice as a NoA2) which would be after months of waiting.

I'm asking this bc after my lawyer forgot to include my fiancée's proof of citizenship I keep thinking the worst of the worst lol.

Thanks in advance anyone.

There are generally a lot of "petition rejected due to..." responses very early.  I believe those are found within a day or so of being received.  I don't recall seeing those later in the process.  Early rejections are usually wrong form or wrong fee.  Failure to sign would be an RFE later in the process.

My guess is you should be prepared to answer the RFE when it comes.  That is not a reason for rejecting the petition.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

It's February! Yay! Hoping to see them start working on August this month (after finishing off all the other petitions from May, June and July of course!)

Only 180 days to go...

On a personal note, anyone got any tips for dealing an overeager mother in law? She wants to book everything, but doesn't understand when I say that it's not a good idea until I have a visa...

"But don't you just have to go to the embassy?"

I wish! :jest:

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

It's February! Yay! Hoping to see them start working on August this month (after finishing off all the other petitions from May, June and July of course!)

Only 180 days to go...

On a personal note, anyone got any tips for dealing an overeager mother in law? She wants to book everything, but doesn't understand when I say that it's not a good idea until I have a visa...

"But don't you just have to go to the embassy?"

I wish! :jest:

Lol! I know about the term 'Overeager Mother-in-law'. The only difference is that my Mother-in-law-to-be knows this whole process (she even recommended the Lawyer we used). She would go a long way to book everything for a Church Wedding.

I would say I'm lucky she's there to make the preparations, because I'm already stressed in this process (Day 114/October Filer) and would need a 90-day SPA ♨ after this whole process. 😂

1 minute ago, ChuAni said:

Lol! I know about the term 'Overeager Mother-in-law'. The only difference is that my Mother-in-law-to-be knows this whole process (she even recommended the Lawyer we used). She would go a long way to book everything for a Church Wedding.

I would say I'm lucky she's there to make the preparations, because I'm already stressed in this process (Day 114/October Filer) and would need a 90-day SPA ♨ after this whole process. 😂

I don't think mine has ever encountered a visa process - she understands long distance though (ex-military), which does help! We're having a church wedding, so we've booked that because for us it's free - but goodness I never realised just how much there was to do for a wedding!

Definitely lucky to have her there, though. My fiance, bless him, isn't very good at making decisions (or moving very fast..!). It's going to be very busy...I think I may be going prematurely grey...

Hopefully your process goes smoothly! :D

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

I don't think mine has ever encountered a visa process - she understands long distance though (ex-military), which does help! We're having a church wedding, so we've booked that because for us it's free - but goodness I never realised just how much there was to do for a wedding!

Definitely lucky to have her there, though. My fiance, bless him, isn't very good at making decisions (or moving very fast..!). It's going to be very busy...I think I may be going prematurely grey...

Hopefully your process goes smoothly! :D

Thanks, Hun!

I wish you GreatLuck! The whole process is speeding up (NVC is really picking up to extent of 8 days)! 

I wish you GreatLuck! 🎆🎇

1 hour ago, ChuAni said:

Thanks, Hun!

I wish you GreatLuck! The whole process is speeding up (NVC is really picking up to extent of 8 days)! 

I wish you GreatLuck! 🎆🎇

Oh don't give me a hope that USCIS is picking up it's pace too. It's only 10 days for me from NOA1. I can imagine how stressful for you who are already 100 days something from NOA1. The wait seems to be endless 😂

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Timeline
2 hours ago, iwir said:

Oh don't give me a hope that USCIS is picking up it's pace too. It's only 10 days for me from NOA1. I can imagine how stressful for you who are already 100 days something from NOA1. The wait seems to be endless 😂

Hahaha! What we have here and what's keeping us sane is the word 'Hope'. 100 days sounds mighty, but comes so quick. Hang in there, your NOA2 is in the corner.🥂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yeah guys! February!! January finally left after overstaying its welcome. February should be fast and painless and I hope for so so many approvals and faster timelines! To make my wait seem faster I'm looking forward to other (closer) important events--seeing my fiancee in March, meeting my in-laws, finishing my thesis, graduating, getting a job, getting my driver's license, going to see him again in August, going wedding dress shopping...hopefully it works. But I still miss him more than anything every day. 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just got an email from my bank that the check just got processed for the K1. Hopefully NOA1 will be on its way soon!

01/25/2018: Mailed I-129F

xx/xx/2018: NOA1 info and cased number received

xx/xx/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

xx/xx/2018: NOA2 Received

xx/xx/2018: Sent to NVC

xx/xx/2018 Package 3 Received

xx/xx/2018: K-1 Interview

xx/xx/2018: Visa-in-Hand

xx/xx/2018: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, EMB145 said:

Just got an email from my bank that the check just got processed for the K1. Hopefully NOA1 will be on its way soon!

Yay! It should show up very soon. Mine popped up in my email later the same day after I noticed the check pending :) 

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

1 hour ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello people, 

So around when will we know how many people applied for the K1 in January? Is January typically a month where a lot of people file?

I imagine it will be a couple of weeks before we can get accurate numbers. January historically is one of the quieter months I think, as winter is in general. :)

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

2 hours ago, lilit829 said:

Yeah guys! February!! January finally left after overstaying its welcome. February should be fast and painless and I hope for so so many approvals and faster timelines! To make my wait seem faster I'm looking forward to other (closer) important events--seeing my fiancee in March, meeting my in-laws, finishing my thesis, graduating, getting a job, getting my driver's license, going to see him again in August, going wedding dress shopping...hopefully it works. But I still miss him more than anything every day. 

Wow, busy time ahead!! That will help keep you distracted :D

I have my dress already, but there are lots of other things to sort that my MIL keeps adding to the list!

I'm in Wales looking after a cat for a few days in March which should be a nice break, and then Portugal in May, and exams in June! 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Wow, busy time ahead!! That will help keep you distracted :D

I have my dress already, but there are lots of other things to sort that my MIL keeps adding to the list!

I'm in Wales looking after a cat for a few days in March which should be a nice break, and then Portugal in May, and exams in June! 

Aw Portugal sounds amazing! We were thinking of going there in August but I think we're going to go for Greece. It's so great you have your dress! I'm waiting to go shopping with my mom when I actually have free time. You should be busy as well, take your mind off of this (it's sooo hard!). Maybe the gods are in our favor and we might get some news in June! 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.