2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

If I remember correctly, I think Vermont only process special cases...like ones where there's criminal history etc is involved. It's one of those places where you don't want your application sent, apparently!

Ohhh... Well that's not good lol. That makes sense. But I wonder, if that's the case, then why are they processing the cases with past criminal history in about 90 days? 

Btw, I got my J-1 visa waiver sent to the Vermont service center and they processed and approved my request in less than a week. So I was hoping that my case went to there, but if it's like you say then I'll just stick to the California service center hahaha.

2 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Ohhh... Well that's not good lol. That makes sense. But I wonder, if that's the case, then why are they processing the cases with past criminal history in about 90 days? 

Btw, I got my J-1 visa waiver sent to the Vermont service center and they processed and approved my request in less than a week. So I was hoping that my case went to there, but if it's like you say then I'll just stick to the California service center hahaha.

Cases don't go there very often, which is probably why the wait times are so short. 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Timeline

What are the odds that processing time will go down? I see that some July petitioners are getting their NOA2 now. That's a 7-8 month wait lol does anyone believe it have any indicators that this might go down to 5-6 months or something ? 

Maybe they will get speedy in their processing now that holiday season is over? 

VJ is estimating that I get my NOA2 around August 1st, but I'm really hopefully that we all get outs in June. Just trying to stay positive :)

2 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

What are the odds that processing time will go down? I see that some July petitioners are getting their NOA2 now. That's a 7-8 month wait lol does anyone believe it have any indicators that this might go down to 5-6 months or something ? 

Maybe they will get speedy in their processing now that holiday season is over? 

VJ is estimating that I get my NOA2 around August 1st, but I'm really hopefully that we all get outs in June. Just trying to stay positive :)

It could go either way, but the next few months should tell us. I believe that they're so far processing July quicker than they did when they started June, however USCIS also hasn't been reliable with their online updates lately so it's hard to tell.

I have my fingers crossed for a late June/early July NOA2 though; despite the VJ timeline estimation.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
29 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

It could go either way, but the next few months should tell us. I believe that they're so far processing July quicker than they did when they started June, however USCIS also hasn't been reliable with their online updates lately so it's hard to tell.

I have my fingers crossed for a late June/early July NOA2 though; despite the VJ timeline estimation.

Let's just pray for the best and hope that this government shutdown doesn't affect USCIS, which it's not supposed to. Maybe they'll even hire new employees, because I've read that they're experiencing a lot of backlog right now for all visas and naturalization too.

Best of luck to us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:48 AM, dentsflogged said:

Packet mailed from Australia to my Fiance on Monday 8th.

Estimated arrival: Tuesday 16th. 

Fiance will attach the payment and sign the Letter of Intent and post it the following day after work.

Will officially update timeline when NOA1 is recieved.

Hoping to POE by mid-November (so I can be there for Thanksgiving) and then marry first or second week of December so that it's not overshadowing all the family birthdays around Christmas and New Years. *fingers crossed*

if you get the interview and leave right after then you should be at POE in October, 10 months is the average and filing in Jan....sept will be the interview more than likely 

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 5:27 AM, RambaCat said:

That's an NOA1, congratulations! :D

Hi, can I ask?  When you guys sent your packet to Dallas, Did you include a G-325A a long with the I-129f? Just curious cuz a friend of mine who got her fiance visa couple years ago said G-325A a biographical information of me is needed and I'll have to sign it. 

Please let know. We don't want to send our packet if it's not complete yet. 

Thank you! 

On 1/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, Amnakhan89 said:

Hey..!

yes my petitioner is legally divorced.. and he is going to apply my k1 visa on 19th January.. 

But is He just recently divorced? When did he get his divorce decree? 

Thank you by the way... 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello all, I'm having some trouble interpreting the following graphs and wanted to see  if anyone could help. I thought that the Vermont service center didn't process any K1 visas. So I'm just curious to know why they have a graph on the Vermont service center.

Screenshot_20180125-174225.png

Vermont only gets transfers for special cases as mentioned (mostly criminal background or domestic violence background etc)

for texas... people are mistaking that because they sent the file to Texas it goes to Texas service center and then gets a transfer to California. This is not true. A case number starts with wac is a California case. And all k1 first goes to California. But because people are filling their vj timeline incorrectly with that information Texas graph happens.. (and they also get a slightly wrong estimate)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, lilpinay said:

Hi, can I ask?  When you guys sent your packet to Dallas, Did you include a G-325A a long with the I-129f? Just curious cuz a friend of mine who got her fiance visa couple years ago said G-325A a biographical information of me is needed and I'll have to sign it. 

Thank you! 

But is He just recently divorced? When did he get his divorce decree? 

Thank you by the way... 

Couple of years ago is the key word here.

g325a is not required since June 2017 (it also expired on June) or with the new forms of I-129f (13 pages edition which also has the biographical info in it instead of a separate form of g325a)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Naes said:

Couple of years ago is the key word here.

g325a is not required since June 2017 (it also expired on June) or with the new forms of I-129f (13 pages edition which also has the biographical info in it instead of a separate form of g325a)

Thank you so much. This helps a lot. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Remember the graphs include rejections. It's case processing times not acceptances or visa grants. So criminal history or domestic violence  go to Vermont but more than likely they are quickly denied.

K-1 Fiancé Visa

01/17/2018: I-129F Sent

01/19/2018: NOA1 Received

08/03/2018: NOA2 Received

11/01/2018: K-1 Visa Interview

12/12/2018: Married in U.S.

Adjustment of Status

02/01/2019: I-485, EAD and AP Filed

02/15/2019: I-485, EAD and AP NOA1

08/07/2019: EAD and AP Approved

10/29/2019: Interview for AOS

Timeline
19 minutes ago, nakuke said:

Remember the graphs include rejections. It's case processing times not acceptances or visa grants. So criminal history or domestic violence  go to Vermont but more than likely they are quickly denied.

That graph doesn't have rejections it just calculates no1 to noa2 so it won't appear unless someone put noa2 approval notice.

but people also make mistakes with these dates, so I still wouldn't think much about what Vermont says.

7 hours ago, lilpinay said:

Thank you! 

G-325A is no longer required because the questions are included within the I-129F form, and as has been said, has since expired.

We didn't include that form. :)

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Anyone know if NOA1 texts are sent to international phone numbers? Slash are they reliably sending emails? I saw somewhere that people were getting texts but not emails. And I have no idea if their system can accept my Chinese phone number :P 

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

1 minute ago, JDP91 said:

Anyone know if NOA1 texts are sent to international phone numbers? Slash are they reliably sending emails? I saw somewhere that people were getting texts but not emails. And I have no idea if their system can accept my Chinese phone number :P 

No idea about the international numbers, but I think my fiance had both an email and a text message with the NOA1 info...the money was out of his account the same day.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.