2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello there @tehfinch

Are all pages of the passport required or did you choose to attach all of them?

But actually , I'm the beneficiary and I'm from Minas Gerais, and my fiancée is from Massachusetts. We've been together for 4.5 years now. Let's hope for a speedy process because I had hoped of being there for the summer. But a lot of people are saying that it's taking 10 months or so. I hope that's not the case because it would be hard on us to go a year without seeing each other again.

How about your fiancé ? Where is he from?

Good luck to us!

Oh man, that would really suck! I'm hoping I can see my fiancee in August after seeing each other in March, which would mean 5 months without seeing each other. I'm already stressing out about that. One year would absolutely suck. But I don't think any of our fiancees will be here in the summer, unless some miracle happens. The most we can hope for is a POE in early October and that still seems like a pipe dream. I hope things speed up for our sakes but I'd prepare myself/plans for that long wait.

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

16 minutes ago, lilit829 said:

Oh man, that would really suck! I'm hoping I can see my fiancee in August after seeing each other in March, which would mean 5 months without seeing each other. I'm already stressing out about that. One year would absolutely suck. But I don't think any of our fiancees will be here in the summer, unless some miracle happens. The most we can hope for is a POE in early October and that still seems like a pipe dream. I hope things speed up for our sakes but I'd prepare myself/plans for that long wait.

Mine just came to visit me in the UK, but next time I see him will be when he comes back in September, the end of, which will be nine months - I wouldn't be able to cope with a year, though. We're hoping that I'll be able to fly back to the US with him in early October, as unlikely as that may look right now.

But! There were over 800 June/July cases touched this past week alone, and USCIS had Monday off...so if they were to keep going at that pace, it might be more possible than we think? :D

It's definitely going to be a case of watch this space...

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, tehfinch said:

I pretty much followed all the instructions on this site - they recommended sending all pages of the petitioner's passport, so that's what I did. I also included the terms of service for the app through which we met. Actually, now that I think about it, with the TOS and a couple of other things our packet was probably ~75 pages. I felt like I wasted so much paper!

My fiancé is currently in MG visiting relatives - he's moved quite a bit, pretty much within the state of Sao Paulo. Right now, he lives in Sorocaba. I don't think I could survive a year without seeing him. We're seeing each other again in about 3 weeks, and that still feels like an eternity. How did you two meet?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone here had a similar issue - my name was legally changed when I was 10. (Side note: don't let your 7 y/o son name your newborn daughter). I sent in a copy of my legally amended birth certificate, passport, driver's license, and social security card. Felt weird to have fill out the "other names used" section even though I've never used my original name as an adult. That was probably fine, right? As in, I provided sufficient proof?

I didn't realize that we would have to send in all pages of her passport, maybe we'll look into sending in just her birthday certificate in order to save paper.

Terms of service for the app through which you two met? There was no terms of service in my packet and didn't read anything about the instructions. What does this terms of service consist off though ?

Are you the one who comes to Brazil or is he the one who goes there? Or do you both travel to see each other? And how often do you see each other then lol

We met back in 2012 when she was visiting her relatives in my hometown, through a cousin of hers which is a good friend of mine. Been together since 2013.

How about you two?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
55 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Mine just came to visit me in the UK, but next time I see him will be when he comes back in September, the end of, which will be nine months - I wouldn't be able to cope with a year, though. We're hoping that I'll be able to fly back to the US with him in early October, as unlikely as that may look right now.

But! There were over 800 June/July cases touched this past week alone, and USCIS had Monday off...so if they were to keep going at that pace, it might be more possible than we think? :D

It's definitely going to be a case of watch this space...

Omg nine months is rough! We're hoping to see each other in August and then having him come to the U.S. by himself to save money (def. stressed since he doesn't speak English). I saw the July approvals!! Hallelujah! Hopefully this is a good omen and it continues!

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Timeline
20 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

I didn't realize that we would have to send in all pages of her passport, maybe we'll look into sending in just her birthday certificate in order to save paper.

Terms of service for the app through which you two met? There was no terms of service in my packet and didn't read anything about the instructions. What does this terms of service consist off though ?

Are you the one who comes to Brazil or is he the one who goes there? Or do you both travel to see each other? And how often do you see each other then lol

We met back in 2012 when she was visiting her relatives in my hometown, through a cousin of hers which is a good friend of mine. Been together since 2013.

How about you two?

I just followed this thing: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

We met on Discord last July. Neither one of us was looking for anything, and well, you know how it goes. I saw some people here getting RFEs and they recommended sending in the terms of service for the app along with the initial petition. I think you're probably fine since you two first met in-person. 

I flew down to see him in November for about ten days. The initial plan was to try to get him a tourist visa so he could come see me, but it was faster for me to get a Brazilian visa. Separation was hell, and I discovered that Mexico does not require visas from Brazilians. So we spent about 60 hrs at Xmas together. We have a 6-day trip scheduled in both February and March. Mexico City is a great meeting point - I can fly both of us there for the cost of my trip to Brazil. It's also closer for me, which means it's easier to slip away from work. I was just looking into June...

Have you been to the US?

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, tehfinch said:

I just followed this thing: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

We met on Discord last July. Neither one of us was looking for anything, and well, you know how it goes. I saw some people here getting RFEs and they recommended sending in the terms of service for the app along with the initial petition. I think you're probably fine since you two first met in-person. 

I flew down to see him in November for about ten days. The initial plan was to try to get him a tourist visa so he could come see me, but it was faster for me to get a Brazilian visa. Separation was hell, and I discovered that Mexico does not require visas from Brazilians. So we spent about 60 hrs at Xmas together. We have a 6-day trip scheduled in both February and March. Mexico City is a great meeting point - I can fly both of us there for the cost of my trip to Brazil. It's also closer for me, which means it's easier to slip away from work. I was just looking into June...

Have you been to the US?

Yeah our lawyer didn't mention anything to us about that terms of service and he didn't see anything about it on the instructions. But we have proof that we were together two years prior to sending in the petition so I'm assuming we'll be fine. 

I'm more worried about how the lawyer forgot to send in her proof of citizenship, and now I'm afraid that they'll just deny our petition instead of sending out a RFE. But I've been told that they won't deny it bc the lawyer forgot her proof of citizenship and that they'll send out a RFE. Hoping that it's the case.

But I'm definitely gonna look into meeting her halfway because we did not expect the process to take so long like people are saying here. Her uncle applied for his fiancée January 2017 and she had her NoA2 in May. But since that's not the case anymore then I'm gonna look to meet her in Mexico or something in May-ish.

And yes, I lived in the us from August 2015 until August 2016 while on a academic scholarship. During which I lived 20 or so minutes away from her. Then she came to see me in December of 2016 and now in December of 2017, staying 3 weeks each time. But I don't feel like waiting until October ish to see her again so either I'll try for an American Visa or meet her in Mexico or something lol

And yeah, out biggest problem is her work since she only gets 3 weeks paid vacation. And I know what you mean, she complained a lot about ticket prices this year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is for anyone who has information in regards to immunizations required for the medical.

Does anyone know what kind of immunizations they look for during the medical process?  Maybe while waiting for the NOA2 I can get this done, at the very least.

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jlomartin said:

This is for anyone who has information in regards to immunizations required for the medical.

Does anyone know what kind of immunizations they look for during the medical process?  Maybe while waiting for the NOA2 I can get this done, at the very least.

Thanks!

It depends on the age of the beneficiary,

Most likely to be; measles, rubella, chicken pox,mumps, tb, and depending on the season flu. 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow Jan filers! Our petition was sent Jan 5th and we got an email and text confirmation with case number from USCIS on Jan 12th. Just wondering how many days or weeks after should my fiance (the petitioner) receive our NOA1 hard copy in the mail? 

So glad i stumbled on this thread to read each and everyone's experience in this journey to be reunited with our person! I'm sure this is going to be a long and hard wait for us as it is tough to be so far away from the one we love but keeping my fingers crossed that we all have a 2018 wedding :)

On 1/19/2018 at 9:59 PM, lilit829 said:

Omg, I'm so sorry @DM2796. Do you know why it took this long??? That scares me :(:(

Application sent in 01/19/2017 and It took about 11 months in security check. I didn’t hear anything back until early November 2017 for an RFE. I sent in the RFE as soon as I received it in the mail. USCIS received my response for RFE on 11/15/2017. I called numerous times afterwards and was told to just wait since we are supposed to give them 60 days for a response. I waited the 60 days from the date of receipt and still no response. So I went ahead and did an online case inquiry and was told to expect for a reply back by 02/06/2018. Seeing how long this process is taking I don’t have much faith in them getting back to me by that date. I cannot wait until this is over with...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Update of the graphs comparing May and June regarding the length of time from Received to Approved one month later (as to 01/20/2018), this time including July under the same conditions.

As a reminder, in the graphs below I try to compare what happened within the next 190 days after that last day of May, June and July 14th (last day with approvals) received cases. In order to see them clearer I put them together in pairs.

In that time, with a total of 1877, 818 and 243 approved cases (after removing some outliers) respectively:

• May had a global mean of 175.25 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 14.06 days.
  • June had a global mean of 186.05 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 9.16 days.
  • July had a global mean of 193.91 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 3.28 days.

Even if it doesn't look very good (way less approvals in the same period of time for July and also starting from 185+ days) just remember that, because of the holidays, they haven't worked the same number of days, and more importantly, haven't been very consistent updating approvals, which is why these results only apply to the information it comes from, the unreliable information updated by USCIS.

If they keep the rate of approvals seen in the last days, I believe we'll start seeing a clear improvement in the next one or two months. Let's hope!

5a64e2d5b3694_ComparisonMayJuneandJuly.thumb.png.3803a1712e776e1559ce0a8a6f8c23d4.png

6 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Update of the graphs comparing May and June regarding the length of time from Received to Approved one month later (as to 01/20/2018), this time including July under the same conditions.

As a reminder, in the graphs below I try to compare what happened within the next 190 days after that last day of May, June and July 14th (last day with approvals) received cases. In order to see them clearer I put them together in pairs.

In that time, with a total of 1877, 818 and 243 approved cases (after removing some outliers) respectively:

• May had a global mean of 175.25 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 14.06 days.
  • June had a global mean of 186.05 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 9.16 days.
  • July had a global mean of 193.91 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 3.28 days.

Even if it doesn't look very good (way less approvals in the same period of time for July and also starting from 185+ days) just remember that, because of the holidays, they haven't worked the same number of days, and more importantly, haven't been very consistent updating approvals, which is why these results only apply to the information it comes from, the unreliable information updated by USCIS.

If they keep the rate of approvals seen in the last days, I believe we'll start seeing a clear improvement in the next one or two months. Let's hope!

5a64e2d5b3694_ComparisonMayJuneandJuly.thumb.png.3803a1712e776e1559ce0a8a6f8c23d4.png

Thanks for sharing this! I love graphs. :D I'm sure things will speed up a little too. Even if it's just dropping from 200 days average to 190 over the next month or two. :) 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, RambaCat said:

Thanks for sharing this! I love graphs. :D I'm sure things will speed up a little too. Even if it's just dropping from 200 days average to 190 over the next month or two. :) 

I agree. I'm hoping to see it too, that would still be a nice improvement!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, vk1 said:

Hi fellow Jan filers! Our petition was sent Jan 5th and we got an email and text confirmation with case number from USCIS on Jan 12th. Just wondering how many days or weeks after should my fiance (the petitioner) receive our NOA1 hard copy in the mail? 

So glad i stumbled on this thread to read each and everyone's experience in this journey to be reunited with our person! I'm sure this is going to be a long and hard wait for us as it is tough to be so far away from the one we love but keeping my fingers crossed that we all have a 2018 wedding :)

Hi ! It tooks almost two weeks to received the hard cooy of NOA1. We sent ours Jan. 4 and they received it Jan. 5. We didn’t get notification until 17th saying that the hard copy was delivered that day. No email noti. Just a text and a hard copy the same day. You’ll probably get yours this week! Crossed fingers

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Just sent my I-129f off with UPS! Man, filing while abroad is extra expensive... my wallet is nearly $70US lighter =p 

Now the long wait begins... :jest:

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.