JhoNdre

Request for police clearance in lebanon embassy manila

49 posts in this topic

Hi guys does anyone have ever experienced requesting PC in lebanon embassy or trying to get PC.. I worked in lebanon for 3years so we need it..

I will soon request my PC next month and my husband said he will send the package to the NVC on April so we can proceed to the next steps....

And the lady in Lebanon embassy said requesting PC will take 3-6mos ...

My concern is what if the Police Certificate will not show up yet and I have already an interview date... 

How many months before i get an interview date to USEM after we send the package to the NVC?

Does missing PC can take any probs during interview?? What will happen then?? Just been so worried here...

Your replies will be much more appeciated thank you

*~*~*country-specific question moved to MENA regional forum - question about obtaining police certificates from Lebanon*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Lebanon.html

Available. The "Judiciary Police Record" is issued by the Judiciary Police Department, Internal Security Forces, Minister of the Interior. It does not contain any information about any political activities or affiliation to any terrorist, military, or illegal organization. It only shows any final court decision, final conviction and/or court sentence.

After completing his/her sentence, an individual could request that the Ministry of Justice remove the sentence from his "Judiciary Police Record" after three to ten years, depending on the type of crime. In 1992, the Lebanese Government issued a "General Amnesty" for all crimes committed before 1991. Also, in 1996 the Lebanese Government issued a "General Amnesty" to all drug charges-related crimes committed before 1994.

The criminal records are indexed and in alphabetical order. They include, in addition to the individual's name, the number and place of each individual's place of civil registration. The "Judiciary Police Record" is issued in Arabic and signed by the Chief of the Judiciary Department.

To obtain the "Judiciary Police Record", the individual who is physically present in Lebanon, must personally apply, accompanied by his/her Lebanese identity card to the Police Record Department, Internal Security Forces, Ministry of Interior. The document will be issued within 48 hours.

For those residing outside Lebanon, the request must be processed through Lebanese embassies/consulates, but applicants may experience extremely long waiting periods before they receive the document, or may not receive them at all. The "Judiciary Police Record" may also be requested through a lawyer having a power of attorney from the individual authorizing the request. The "Judiciary Police Record" presented by an individual does not mean that the individual is clear. It just states that "this person does not have any court sentence against him".

Goodluck,

Nelma

Edited by nelmagriffin

Thank you for the information sis. Actually I have read this section already.. I have even a friend there working in Lebanon also and give her a SPA to process my PC .. But unfurtunately they need some more documents such as letter of my previous employer there  thing is my employer already past away a year after I leave last 2013 so i know I cant have that letter they were asking, some station also need a stamp from DFA, I have Red Ribbon my SPA for my friend and send some copy of docs from me proving I have been there and worked bit yet Red Ribbon SPA isnt enough as they said they need a DFA stamp,so what stamp are they asking if its already been Aunthenticated by DFA????... Been spending this procedures for they said if i know someone there in that country it would be easy and fast and can even get that PC at thesame day ...

Yes every station she get through have different request of documents just to have that... And being upset for the outcome I planned I have no choice but to just request the PC here in Lebanon Embassy iN Manila which could be done through just sending all the required documents to LBC this March , theres a processin fee which is quite cheap compare me sending my documents to my friend through DHL in Lebanon back in forth, only thing is that consulate lady named Jenny said the PC processing will take 3-6 mos , so now my worried is what if the interview dat will come and still i dont have PC in my hand :( ...

Were about to send the package this April... So im just worry about the PC and hoping it will come on time before the interview set...

Right now still communicating my friend in Lebanon and try to think options and other info about getting that PC there, for i want it to be in my hand as soon as possible... If not then no choice need to wait my PC where i request here in Lebanon embassy Manila...

Thank you for the info sis.. godbbless :)

• 3 weeks later...

My wife lived in the house of her employer in Lebanon from 2009 to 2012. I filed Petitions for my wife and her two minor children February 22, 2018. We have been studying the DS-260, and information from Immigration about getting ready for the interviews. We just became aware of the requirement for her to have a Police Clearance from Lebanon! Does anyone know how to get a Police Clearance from Lebanon, and how long that might take? Thank you to anyone who has an ideas!

Hello Dekedwin

Good day..

Will me and your wife have thesame case... My husband (petetioner) and I have done Ds260 already we are about to send our civil docs. In the NVC gor the next step...

Like you and your wife, me and my husband been so worried as will regarding the Police certificate in Lebanon, I worked for 3years also in lebanon... But since I like asking searching in internet and by the help of this community i got ways to know how to get it :)

You have 2 options for that

1. By appling it in lebanon emabassy in Manila

2. By using Power of attorney if your wife have friends or relatives in Lebanon Country

But for me? The best and not expensive option is to apply it in Lebanon embassy in Manila...

I will share some of my experience using Power of attorney which is expensive for just having it... 

I got a Friend in lebanon so I asked her to get in my behalf... I gathered all my documents which i have in lebanon such employer certificate old passport which I used in Lebanon and letter of request for police certificate from me including notarized special power of attorney note: after you notarized it you need to aunthenticate the power of attorney in DFA Manila...

So many to process in this option and its expensive 😪 for I send all this documents through DSL from here in Iloilo which is my City going to Lebanon inorder my friend to recieve it...

My friend take time to process it but it dont works for her😭 some police station she been thru need a lettrr from my previous employer inorder to have it and i was so upset since my employer past away already 2years ago...😔

They asked some more papers for me😞 it means i need to send that papers again from here going there wow😣

I payed DSL almost 3,500 to send that in lebanon but yet im not just lucky to have it... If i am?? My friend could get that thesame day she apply it there for me..

But its ok...😌

But? I never lost option or hope when i knew it I suddenly research about lebanon embassy in Manila and have there info 😁 i talk to Maam Jenny the consulate of lebanon embassy and gave me information what i need to gather...

And she just ask me simple papers not like in Lebanon when I did that😪

So last week o already send my documents to her through LBC i payed 225 for that. Yup no need to go in Manila if your living Far or in a province, at first i was worried i need to ride in a plane from Iloilo going to Manila just to Request it😂

And this week i will pay the processing fee,  yup theres a processing fee which cost 2000php...

Only thing is yes its not expensive but its long to process the processing time will take 3-6 mos before you get it...

But atleast not that expensive, all you need to do is to wait and pray that the Police certificate will come before the interview date... 

Me and my husband are under IR-1 case next month we will send our civil docs.. Atleast i started already requesting PC and just wait it.. If its not gonna come before the interview sets all we need to do is to reschedule the interview date then so i can have it on my hand when it comes :)

Gudluck to both of you :)

My wife lived in the house of her employer in Lebanon from 2009 to 2012. I filed Petitions for my wife and her two minor children February 22, 2018. We have been studying the DS-260, and information from Immigration about getting ready for the interviews. We just became aware of the requirement for her to have a Police Clearance from Lebanon! Does anyone know how to get a Police Clearance from Lebanon, and how long that might take? Thank you to anyone who has an ideas!

Thank you so much! The people my wife worked for inhink will be able to help. The guy is a lawyer and governor of the region. His daughter has already started working on it for her. He also has something to do in the police departments. His daughter is going to translate something from Arabic. That is our start so far.i will keep you informed about our progress.

Good luck and God's Blessings to both of us!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would like to tell everyone who is in need of a police clearance report from Lebanon that it can be obtained within a month by using Monica Ayache of the Fakhry Law Frim in Beirut Lebanon.

My finance was told at her interview that everything was in order except she needed to provide a police clearance report.  She went to the Lebanese Consulate the next day and paid 2000 pesos for a report that will take 3-4 months to obtain. 

We didn’t want to wait an additional 3-4 months as quoted by the consulate so we contacted 10 different law firms in Beirut via their websites.  Three firms returned our inquiry and the first to respond was Monica.  She was also the only person to itemize the tasks/charges involved in obtaining the report on our behalf.

The first step was to get the Power of Attorney (POA) that Monica provided us via email legalized at the Lebanese Consulate at a cost of 1500 pesos (Legalization is a process that uses a consular officer to notarize the POA).  We then sent to POA to her in Beirut via Fed-X.  After paying the requested fee via Western Union, Monica got the POA legalized then submitted it to the main Police Station.  The clearance report was issued in 10 days.  The entire process took Monica 17 working days. She sent the report back to us in the Philippines via DHL.

You can contact Monica at the Fakhry Law firm in Beirut at Monica.Ayache@fakhrylawfirm.com.  She did a great job for us.  Every email that we sent her was promptly returned.  Monica was very professional and the process was transparent unlike so much that we have read about getting this report.  This wasn’t without cost but it did save us months waiting.  We hope this helps others in their Visa Journey.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, HappySurfer said:

I would like to tell everyone who is in need of a police clearance report from Lebanon that it can be obtained within a month by using Monica Ayache of the Fakhry Law Frim in Beirut Lebanon.

My finance was told at her interview that everything was in order except she needed to provide a police clearance report.  She went to the Lebanese Consulate the next day and paid 2000 pesos for a report that will take 3-4 months to obtain. 

We didn’t want to wait an additional 3-4 months as quoted by the consulate so we contacted 10 different law firms in Beirut via their websites.  Three firms returned our inquiry and the first to respond was Monica.  She was also the only person to itemize the tasks/charges involved in obtaining the report on our behalf.

The first step was to get the Power of Attorney (POA) that Monica provided us via email legalized at the Lebanese Consulate at a cost of 1500 pesos (Legalization is a process that uses a consular officer to notarize the POA).  We then sent to POA to her in Beirut via Fed-X.  After paying the requested fee via Western Union, Monica got the POA legalized then submitted it to the main Police Station.  The clearance report was issued in 10 days.  The entire process took Monica 17 working days. She sent the report back to us in the Philippines via DHL.

You can contact Monica at the Fakhry Law firm in Beirut at Monica.Ayache@fakhrylawfirm.com.  She did a great job for us.  Every email that we sent her was promptly returned.  Monica was very professional and the process was transparent unlike so much that we have read about getting this report.  This wasn’t without cost but it did save us months waiting.  We hope this helps others in their Visa Journey.

That is awesome that you got it done and in really not a lot of time compared to the 3-4 months it usually takes.

We went to the Interviews without the police clearance certificate. We gotta denial under I think it is 221 g. The joint sponsor has to redo the I-864 with assets as well to qualify for our joint sponsor. We need to furnish a CENOMAR. We also have to have the Police Clearance Certificate from Lebanon. 

We had been already working on the Police Clearance Certificate from Lebanon sending emails and documents. We went to the Lebanon Embassy, and my wife filled out some forms there, and we wrote a letter of request. We paid 2000 PHP and we received a letter from them with  certificate stating that we had applied for the Police Clearance Certificate from Lebanon. We were told it would be three to six months coming! We were told we could check for updates which we have both called them and sent them emails. On the phone they told my wife it had not come et and they would call us! When I wrote the email they answered back "not yet," and they gave a telephone number and said call!

We are now waiting, and in 10 days it will have been one month! What should we do? Keep waiting?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, dekedwin said:

We went to the Interviews without the police clearance certificate. We gotta denial under I think it is 221 g. The joint sponsor has to redo the I-864 with assets as well to qualify for our joint sponsor. We need to furnish a CENOMAR. We also have to have the Police Clearance Certificate from Lebanon. 

We had been already working on the Police Clearance Certificate from Lebanon sending emails and documents. We went to the Lebanon Embassy, and my wife filled out some forms there, and we wrote a letter of request. We paid 2000 PHP and we received a letter from them with  certificate stating that we had applied for the Police Clearance Certificate from Lebanon. We were told it would be three to six months coming! We were told we could check for updates which we have both called them and sent them emails. On the phone they told my wife it had not come et and they would call us! When I wrote the email they answered back "not yet," and they gave a telephone number and said call!

We are now waiting, and in 10 days it will have been one month! What should we do? Keep waiting?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

That is a lot of stuff that you need to send to the USEM. Why didn't you have the CEMAR or the CENOMAR already before you went? Luckily you just have to get those document and you should be fine.

5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That is a lot of stuff that you need to send to the USEM. Why didn't you have the CEMAR or the CENOMAR already before you went? Luckily you just have to get those document and you should be fine.

My sister has already redone the I-864s with assets listed to qualify as our joint sponsor. She has shipped it to us but it has not arrived yet. So that is taken care of. We didn't realize, didn't think we needed that CENOMAR since we were married four years ago here in the Philippines, but the Consular Officer told us that we needed to furnish that so when we get back to Roxas City in a few days we will apply for the CENOMAR, and it will take ten days to arrive. Yes, after getting those documents and sending themwe will be fine. 

I wrote an email tothat lawyer Monica, so hopefully she will be able to help us get nbsa the Lebanon Police Clearance Certificate in less time than three to six months. 

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, dekedwin said:

My sister has already redone the I-864s with assets listed to qualify as our joint sponsor. She has shipped it to us but it has not arrived yet. So that is taken care of. We didn't realize, didn't think we needed that CENOMAR since we were married four years ago here in the Philippines, but the Consular Officer told us that we needed to furnish that so when we get back to Roxas City in a few days we will apply for the CENOMAR, and it will take ten days to arrive. Yes, after getting those documents and sending themwe will be fine. 

I wrote an email tothat lawyer Monica, so hopefully she will be able to help us get nbsa the Lebanon Police Clearance Certificate in less time than three to six months. 

Thank you!

How did your sister send it to the Philippines, did she use USPS or DHL/UPS/FEDEX? I hope you get the PCC soon so you guys can move forward with this process. Do you know if your asawa has completed CFO yet, and you do know that's a requirement right?

I have never been to Roxas City but I have been to Kalibo on our way to Boracay. My asawa is from the Davao Region so we mostly travel around Mindanao when we go back.

I don't understand how to do what we need to do. We need to leave Manila this coming Tuesday. Will we be able to do the POA from Roxas City by mail?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.