baldoako

Seminar Requirements for Spouse

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I would just like to ask what are the seminars that my wife needs to attend to before leaving for the US... does it still include "Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar" (PDOS) along with the guidance and counseling seminar??? OR would the guidance and counseling seminar be enough???

Please help...

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I would just like to ask what are the seminars that my wife needs to attend to before leaving for the US... does it still include "Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar" (PDOS) along with the guidance and counseling seminar??? OR would the guidance and counseling seminar be enough???

Please help...

Thanks!

she needs to attend PRE DEPARTURE ORIENTATION SEMINAR(PDOS) AT CFO.... THIS IS THE ONLY SEMINAR SHE NEEDS TO ATTEND!

25th June 07 - Sent I-129F to CSC

26th June 07 - Sign and Received by TAKEO

03rd July 07 - Touched !! (1st time)

10th July 07 - Got Noa1

8th Nov 07 - Got APPROVED

14th Nov 07 - noa2 HARD COPY

----------------------------------------

120 days - NOA 2

6 days - to have HARD COPY of NOA2

Timeline
Hi everyone!

Please help...

Thanks!

The guidance and counseling is part of the PDOS. She needs to take the PDOS at either St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation in Quezon City or PRISM in Taft Ave. She then needs to get a CFO sticker from CFO office. She needs to bring the certificate that she finished the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS). See link below for more info and map to different areas.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

My fiance just went through one yesterday. Read her experience here

Good Luck!!

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

• 1 year later...
Timeline

I'm a little confused. My wife is applying for her passport. According to the online application guidance and requirements for her application, along with all the other documentation is:

Certificate of Attendance from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner (color green).

I then go to the CFO website to determine location and requirements to attend this seminar and it lists, among other things, that she needs a passport. She doesn't have her passport yet. So what comes first the chicken or the egg (okay i'm a little frustrated too). Does she nned to attend this seminar and submit that paperwork as part of the application for a new passport?

Also, my wife is in Mindinau. According to the website the seminar is given in Cebu as well as Manila. She's telling me its only available in Manila?

Your wife can take her seminar in cebu if that is nearer to her place. For passport purposes, she would be given a certificate that she attended the CFO seminar. This same certificate would also be needed once she needs her CFO sticker after you got your visa approved. The CFO sticker is needed before she leaves out of the country, else she won't be allowed to fly out.

I'm a little confused. My wife is applying for her passport. According to the online application guidance and requirements for her application, along with all the other documentation is:

Certificate of Attendance from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner (color green).

I then go to the CFO website to determine location and requirements to attend this seminar and it lists, among other things, that she needs a passport. She doesn't have her passport yet. So what comes first the chicken or the egg (okay i'm a little frustrated too). Does she nned to attend this seminar and submit that paperwork as part of the application for a new passport?

Also, my wife is in Mindinau. According to the website the seminar is given in Cebu as well as Manila. She's telling me its only available in Manila?

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

• 7 months later...
Timeline

If your wife hasnt had a passport and just applying for it, She doesnt need a CFO seminar yet. If She is from Mindanoa, she can pay 1500 pesos to the travel agency and they process the passport for her. The passport will be ready in a week. My fiancee is from Davao city. It is no problem to get a passport at all. Pay the 1500 pesos and she doesnt have to worry about anything but wait.

Pat and annaliza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.