Jebee

Oath ceremony - in line

6 posts in this topic

Hi, how long does normally takes to receive and oath ceremony after being in line? My field office is in Denver CO.  Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

My understanding on this is that it is usually a quick process; all they really have to do is figure out which ceremony is close to you and that is within a reasonable amount of time, and that is not already full.  I don't have first hand knowledge, since my oath ceremony paperwork was handed to me at the interview, which was somewhat interesting...  Ie. it almost seemed that they had already scheduled my oath ceremony and printed out the paperwork for it before I interviewed, though I can't recall if the paper was personalized or not.

14 hours ago, Jebee said:

Hi, how long does normally takes to receive and oath ceremony after being in line? My field office is in Denver CO.  Thank you!!

Hey Jebee :)  Great N-400 timeline!

Have a question - in another post you mentioned they have not been able to make a decision on your case.  What is that status of that?  Did they say why they were not able to make a decision?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

6 minutes ago, marriedtomrg said:

Hey Jebee :)  Great N-400 timeline!

Have a question - in another post you mentioned they have not been able to make a decision on your case.  What is that status of that?  Did they say why they were not able to make a decision?

Yes. The reason for that was I have a pending i751. The officer said he will review my i751 before he will make any desicion for my n400. And on Feb 20th my status was updated into in line so maybe he did approved my i751 already.

4 minutes ago, Jebee said:

Yes. The reason for that was I have a pending i751. The officer said he will review my i751 before he will make any desicion for my n400. And on Feb 20th my status was updated into in line so maybe he did approved my i751 already.

Gotcha.  Hoping my case is straightforward - been eligible since 2014 but life got in the way and now the fees have gone up, so I figure I really need to get this started. 

The only not so great part in my application is a speeding ticket - which was adjudicated through school election (took a basic driver improvement class) and a paid the fine of $140.  I thought long and hard about how to include that, but I did and even threw in the paperwork associated with it.

Regarding the I-90 in my timeline, about two years ago, my car got broken into and my purse was stolen (my GC was in my wallet) - it was only now that I filed for a replacement; my husband and I had recently discussed about taking a trip to see my folks and my older daughter in June - but in order for me to get a I-551 stamp I needed the darn I-90 receipt...ugh).  After I filed for the replacement, he said we should push back our plans to Thanksgiving.  lol

I had been planning on filing the N-400 anyway...guess that worked out somehow.

At any rate, I am amazed at how quickly yours went.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

14 minutes ago, marriedtomrg said:

Gotcha.  Hoping my case is straightforward - been eligible since 2014 but life got in the way and now the fees have gone up, so I figure I really need to get this started. 

The only not so great part in my application is a speeding ticket - which was adjudicated through school election (took a basic driver improvement class) and a paid the fine of $140.  I thought long and hard about how to include that, but I did and even threw in the paperwork associated with it.

Regarding the I-90 in my timeline, about two years ago, my car got broken into and my purse was stolen (my GC was in my wallet) - it was only now that I filed for a replacement; my husband and I had recently discussed about taking a trip to see my folks and my older daughter in June - but in order for me to get a I-551 stamp I needed the darn I-90 receipt...ugh).  After I filed for the replacement, he said we should push back our plans to Thanksgiving.  lol

I had been planning on filing the N-400 anyway...guess that worked out somehow.

At any rate, I am amazed at how quickly yours went.

That's one of the reason why we filed as soon I became eligible because of the fees that keeps going up. Secondly, we were frustrated that our i751 didn't move.  Another thing, I have no luck on getting an info pass appointment to get a passport stamped in my local field office. My husband and I called USCIS multiple times and even filed a service request online but we were told to just wait another 3 months. Many months had passed nothing happened. 

Anyway, you should be fine just include all the paperworks associated with your ticket and your I-90 thing.  Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.