2,245 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, James120383 said:

a week to a month 

That was the norm. Nowadays, it might be much longer...some people have been waiting for a couple months.

USCIS changed from outsourcing their printing to doing it in-house. The end of their contract with the outsourced company just happened to be mid-pandemic and in the middle of the USCIS financial issues that came with it. As such, they were very backlogged and are just now getting caught back up. I think they are still backlogged by at least weeks if not longer.

1 hour ago, Shams2322 said:

Do they normally send you an email that EAD card has been shipped?

Honestly, the best way to track it is via USPS Informed Delivery (it's free). Look for a package coming from USCIS (or otherwise one you don't recognize).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, just an update that I received the physical EAD card in the mail today!!! Here is my timeline:

6/10 Expedite requested on the phone with Tier 1 agent

6/11 Expedite Request Denied due to missing biometrics

Few days later we contacted our congressman for help 

7/6 Expedite Request Approved 

7/7 EAD/AP Approved 

8/17 Biometrics Completed / same day case changed to New Card Being Produced

8/19 Card Mailed

8/22 Received the physical card in my mail box 🎉

Timeline

Okay can finally add some more Information to ours:

8/17 Expedite Requested

8/18 Evidence faxed

8/20 Expedite Approved

8/24 New Card Being Produced

How long until they ship on average?

Timeline
3 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Okay can finally add some more Information to ours:

8/17 Expedite Requested

8/18 Evidence faxed

8/20 Expedite Approved

8/24 New Card Being Produced

How long until they ship on average?

Hi, that's great news! Mine changed to Card Mailed 2 days later! From what I've seen it should be up to 7 days!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 9:32 PM, SJ2020 said:

7/7 EAD/AP Approved 

Did you receive the update for your AP case on same day? Today my i765 case changed to "we ordered your new card" but there is no any update on my i131 (AP).

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Roeentan said:

Did you receive the update for your AP case on same day? Today my i765 case changed to "we ordered your new card" but there is no any update on my i131 (AP).

My AP status online never changed since "Case was Approved" (didn't even reflect fingerprints taken etc) but I received an EAD card which says on the bottom "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE". I believe if you applied for both you should also receive them together even if AP hasn't updated online. I hope this makes sense.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, SJ2020 said:

My AP status online never changed since "Case was Approved" (didn't even reflect fingerprints taken etc) but I received an EAD card which says on the bottom "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE". I believe if you applied for both you should also receive them together even if AP hasn't updated online. I hope this makes sense.

That makes sense. Thank you 

Timeline

Hey EAD filers,

I''d love to get some thoughts on how I might best proceed with my case based on the experiences people have had recently expediting their requests. I've outlined my situation below:

I chatted last week with a USCIS agent about expediting my EAD request based on financial hardship and they have requested further evidence to be faxed -- For context, my husband has gone from earning a very good salary that could comfortably support us both to now being signed on to the $400/week Covid unemployment 'stimulus' allowance. He is a contract worker and his job got shut down in March and has not restarted. I appreciate this situation of relying on the government's Covid stimulus package for income is not uncommon for many people right now! We are now struggling to make ends meet in the way that we were once able to. Whereas I do not have a written job offer from a company ready to employ me, I am a designer and could easily get work as a freelancer if I had my EAD. I mention this as I see a lot of people who have recently been approved for an expedited request have all had written job offers to support their case.

Secondly, there is a chance that my husband's contract work *may* get restarted at the end of September. Whilst this is good news for sure, as it would mean we would no longer rely on the unemployment stimulus for income, this would end this period of financial hardship and therefore not support my case for expedited processing. The KEY issue is: my husband's contract is in New York (we live in LA). He works within the film industry and there are extremely strict Covid precaution guidelines to restart movie filming, which mean that I would not be allowed to travel to New York. The close proximity of crew and actors mean that he has to quarantine for the duration of the production and have no visitors. This would mean that I stay alone in LA for several months, unable to work, unable to drive (as in California, I need an EAD to get my Driver's license), and we would enter new financial hardship where I would be unable to support myself without being employed, both financially and have no mobility. 

I would value any input or advice anyone may have on how they think I should progress my request and evidence to provide? Should I lead with our current situation, relying on the Covid stimulus, but me not having a job offer? Is that a strong case? OR should I mention in advance that my husband's work is about to restart and due to me not being able to accompany him due to Covid, I will need to begin work to financially support myself while he is gone, as well as being able to get a driver's license. 

Thanks in advance, sorry about the long post! 

Edited by GRASGM

Timeline
6 minutes ago, GRASGM said:

Hey EAD filers,

I''d love to get some thoughts on how I might best proceed with my case based on the experiences people have had recently expediting their requests. I've outlined my situation below:

I chatted last week with a USCIS agent about expediting my EAD request based on financial hardship and they have requested further evidence to be faxed -- For context, my husband has gone from earning a very good salary that could comfortably support us both to now being signed on to the $400/week Covid unemployment 'stimulus' allowance. He is a contract worker and his job got shut down in March and has not restarted. I appreciate this situation of relying on the government's Covid stimulus package for income is not uncommon for many people right now! We are now struggling to make ends meet in the way that we were once able to. Whereas I do not have a written job offer from a company ready to employ me, I am a designer and could easily get work as a freelancer if I had my EAD. I mention this as I see a lot of people who have recently been approved for an expedited request have all had written job offers to support their case.

Secondly, there is a chance that my husband's contract work *may* get restarted at the end of September. Whilst this is good news for sure, as it would mean we would no longer rely on the unemployment stimulus for income, this would end this period of financial hardship and therefore not support my case for expedited processing. The KEY issue is: my husband's contract is in New York (we live in LA). He works within the film industry and there are extremely strict Covid precaution guidelines to restart movie filming, which mean that I would not be allowed to travel to New York. The close proximity of crew and actors mean that he has to quarantine for the duration of the production and have no visitors. This would mean that I stay alone in LA for several months, unable to work, unable to drive (as in California, I need an EAD to get my Driver's license), and we would enter new financial hardship where I would be unable to support myself without being employed, both financially and have no mobility. 

I would value any input or advice anyone may have on how they think I should progress my request and evidence to provide? Should I lead with our current situation, relying on the Covid stimulus, but me not having a job offer? Is that a strong case? OR should I mention in advance that my husband's work is about to restart and due to me not being able to accompany him due to Covid, I will need to begin work to financially support myself while he is gone, as well as being able to get a driver's license. 

Thanks in advance, sorry about the long post! 

We tried to expedite my wife’s EAD based on financial hardship because I lost my job and I’m receiving unemployment benefit payment, also a letter from an employer that interviewed my wife and stated that they are interested in hiring her when she receives her work permit, and the result was they rejected our expedite request. It looks the chance of getting approved will reduce to minimum when you don’t provide an official job offer with your request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would keep it simple and get a regular a offer as support.

California has a DL for illegals which would also include you - AB60

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I would keep it simple and get a regular a offer as support.

California has a DL for illegals which would also include you - AB60

Thanks for this info, I hadn't found that. Super useful!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Roeentan said:

We tried to expedite my wife’s EAD based on financial hardship because I lost my job and I’m receiving unemployment benefit payment, also a letter from an employer that interviewed my wife and stated that they are interested in hiring her when she receives her work permit, and the result was they rejected our expedite request. It looks the chance of getting approved will reduce to minimum when you don’t provide an official job offer with your request.

Am sorry to hear that! You've got more 'evidence' than I have, so that's disheartening. Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

hello 

I just expedited i 730 pettion 2 weeks ago . how long they took to reply you back ?

my Case History

On August 24, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B…………FR, was completed.
08/24/2020

On August 24, 2020, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B……………..SFR.
08/24/2020

On August 24, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B……….SFR, was assigned to an officer for response.

after that no response please if can share some timeline ?
thanks

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone recently submitted an expedite request? I submitted mine on 20th and got an email to send an evidence on 24th. I sent some evidence a couple of hours later. My EAD expedite request is approved in less than a day. 

How long does it take to get an EAD card now?

1 hour ago, Gak said:

Has anyone recently submitted an expedite request? I submitted mine on 20th and got an email to send an evidence on 24th. I sent some evidence a couple of hours later. My EAD expedite request is approved in less than a day. 

How long does it take to get an EAD card now?

It was almost 30 days for me from approval of expedite to receiving the card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.