2,245 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Montrealy said:

Just checking for recent experience here...I sent in an expedite request on Friday 7/17, received the email request almost right away, and faxed in the evidence within a few hours. Since then I have not heard anything nor has the case been updated at all. Is this normal now? Is there anything useful a tier 2 rep could tell me if I called in?

My expedite request took a month to get approved. So I would wait it out. 

43 minutes ago, beefmaster2 said:

Great, so that’s where we’re holding now, a month for an expedite, can immigration get any more frustrating?!?!? (I know, it can...)

How long did it take for your case to be updated to show that an expedite request was put in?

14 minutes ago, Montrealy said:

Great, so that’s where we’re holding now, a month for an expedite, can immigration get any more frustrating?!?!? (I know, it can...)

How long did it take for your case to be updated to show that an expedite request was put in?

Others got it earlier. I know its an annoying saying, but every case is different. 

I think I got a notice that an expedite request had been put in almost immediately. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With it seems most people expediting it is is inevitable that system will get clogged.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Montrealy said:

Just checking for recent experience here...I sent in an expedite request on Friday 7/17, received the email request almost right away, and faxed in the evidence within a few hours. Since then I have not heard anything nor has the case been updated at all. Is this normal now? Is there anything useful a tier 2 rep could tell me if I called in?

5 days and than you know what ever happens after that.

duh

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Montrealy said:

I'm also in similar situation now. I sent in expedite request on 7/9. received the email request almost right away, and sent in the evidence within 2 hour. since then No updates in the case. I contacted officer via Emma and they mentioned its still pending to make a decision.

3 hours ago, beefmaster2 said:

Beefmaster, did they sent you two letters? One saying we received your notification, and then another letter with the decision? Or was it just one letter they sent, which said "We got your request, here is our decision"

Edited by CanadianTank

3 hours ago, Montrealy said:

If it didn’t take 6+ months or if they still had the walk in option a lot less people would need it...

Even if you get approved you will not received a EAD card until you have biometrics done. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have any of you that got expedite request approved without biometrics and got

approval notices received biometrics letters? I’ve been seeing a lot of people getting their appointment letters today that haven’t expedited so I’m feeling a little sad and discouraged.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.