2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, killadocg23 said:

Because he knows the hr people and they can offer me a job. I dont know of any other place that will give a job offer when you tell them you need it for a work permit.

Hi,

You are really approaching the gray-line in terms of VJ ToS, please thread carefully and try to do some more research if what you plan is the best course of action.

14 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Hi,

You are really approaching the gray-line in terms of VJ ToS, please thread carefully and try to do some more research if what you plan is the best course of action.

Hi,

Can you tell me what gray line I am approaching? I just wanted to know what all must I send to USCIS to expedite an EAD. Thanks

Timeline
Just now, killadocg23 said:

Hi,

Can you tell me what gray line I am approaching? I just wanted to know what all must I send to USCIS to expedite an EAD. Thanks

Expedites are for legitimate cases where the employer is helped in the long-run. Not to take a job for 2 weeks just to speed up the process. 

Hi everyone!

Oh my, what a breath of fresh air to see this thread...I must have missed it every time I looked up information about expedite request because all the threads I could find were fairly dated. Then today, on the phone with USCIS, I get told that the only reasons to expedite are humanitarian and national things with USCIS/DHS/...., things that are included in the list but way less common than a job offer (that I have). I was so disheartened until I saw this thread! So thank you!

Anyhow, I've started trying to read, and I haven't yet found a definitive answer to the following question: can you try to walk-in without having received a letter for biometrics? Basically, I called USCIS yesterday and today. Yesterday's told me that I could do that (but due to a technical difficulty, she could not access my information) and today's told me that I couldn't because my case was still at the National Benefit Center.

So is it a definite NO or a maybe?

Thank you in advance for your reply and please accept my apologies if I should know the answer 😕

Our Immigration Journey 🙃

- K1 Visa 2017-11-14 (sent) to 2018-07-26 (visa received)

- Adjustment of Status 2018-08-13 (filed) to 2019-03-27 (approval)

Now on to Lifting Conditions!

- 2021-02-12 sent

- 2021-03-22 check cashed

- 2021-03-23 NOA by text

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

They won't let you in without letter. I had same question with uscis. They need the letter to know that you were already approved for fingerprints.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 8/23/2018 at 3:40 PM, TNJ17 said:

Unless you have a valid reason to expedite, you’re not gonna get anywhere with either your congressman or USCIS. Financial hardship is the couple is struggling because the beneficiary hasn’t worked and has been offered a job. Basically if you don’t have a job offer don’t except an expedite. And BTW, a month is nothing. We have all been waiting a really long time. my thoughts to you is go on interviews and get someone to offer you a job. Then file for an expedite with USCIS with a job offer and then call your reps. Calling your reps without an expedite is not gonna do anything because the answer they’ll give your reps will be that you’re still in the standard processing times. 

That was my thought, wasn't sure if it's worth contacting the congressman/rep if you haven't officially filed for expedition with uscis due to no real hardship. Thanks. 

Going to get a job offer (that will probably be rescinded eventually, depending on employer) and then start the process

Timeline

Hello.

Has anyone any updates? It's been 7 days since I got approved and says new card in production on 23rd but haven't had any more updates ;(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Going along with the message above. My first day is next Tuesday and I do not believe that I will have my card by then. My company has informed me that I will have to bring the documentation to verify the authorisation. I do have the letter of approval. Do I have to stop working if I do not receive the card by the third day until I receive it? From what I understand one has 3 days to present the documentation regarding ones eligibility to work. 

It is quite frustrating to see that everyone seem to have received their cards within a week and that I now have to explain to my company that I do not have the actual card yet. 

I have signed up for Informed Delivery 5 months ago but this doesn't help me if I don't get a notification that I am receiving mail from USCIS. 

Timeline

I just spoke to USCIS the girl said official wait is 60 days. She said it hasn't been mailed and that's all she can say. Also said I can take NOA to employer and it's upto them if they wanna let you start working before you get the card in hand. So I don't know what to think. It might be delayed again. So people I read on forums had their card in production dates changed 3 times due too some problem with their photo. As if photo is printed not good they have to re issue the card. Some guy was approved on 17 the and pushed back to 23rd and still has no update. Some ppl had to go back to the USCIS office to take new photos. So I have no idea what's wrong:(

Timeline
9 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

I just spoke to USCIS the girl said official wait is 60 days. She said it hasn't been mailed and that's all she can say. Also said I can take NOA to employer and it's upto them if they wanna let you start working before you get the card in hand. So I don't know what to think. It might be delayed again. So people I read on forums had their card in production dates changed 3 times due too some problem with their photo. As if photo is printed not good they have to re issue the card. Some guy was approved on 17 the and pushed back to 23rd and still has no update. Some ppl had to go back to the USCIS office to take new photos. So I have no idea what's wrong:(

This doesn’t make me feel better. My company already has been waiting a month. I’m so annoyed right now. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

I understand you completly but i dont know what else to do either

Let’s cross our fingers. 

In the letter from my senator he said to contact them again if I don’t receive the card within 30 days. So that’s what I’ll do. 

Timeline

Holiday weekend still got time. That said the actual rule on the employer side is 90days, if you have approval letter + government photo ID. Though in todays climate who knows what the employers own rules will be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.