2,245 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Boiler said:

nor should they have authority other than to be able to get an answer.

My Senator's Office has been really good (Rubio's Office - a Republican!)  The key with any Senator's Office is that they can ask supplementary questions to USCIS, and don't have to necessarily accept the first answer as gospel, especially if there are quirks in your case.  They've been very kind, have listened, and haven't even rushed me off the phone when they've talked to me.  The USCIS liaisons they work with seem friendly (and I personally haven't had a bad experience from the many USCIS personnel I've spoken to over the past few months).  

I've found Rubio's Office way more useful than I've found the Ombudsman so far, to be honest.  The latter took USCIS' answer (which was a form answer, and not necessarily correct either for the circumstances of my case) and closed the case without asking me if I had any further questions.  I sent back a multi-point response that has now been shown (with that Washington Post article, and other information, to have been correct).  Now I'm having to re-file the issue with the Ombudsman because 30 days have passed without relief in my case (an approved expedited EAD).  They just could have re-opened my case instead when I asked.  It's a waste of their time and my time, and, if their job is to protect immigrant petitioners against vagaries in USCIS procedures that could cause inadvertently cause harm, I personally haven't felt supported.    

I don't blame the staff at USCIS for any of this.  On a higher level though, there are decisions that could be made easily in the course of an afternoon that would result in relief for petitioners.    

Edited by irishoxford

Timeline for I765 so far:

Requested expedite over phone- 07/07

Received email asking for further evidence to support expedite- 07/07

Evidence faxed-07/07

Heard back nothing and was afraid they didn't receive the fax, so resent all evidence- 07/10

"we approved your request for expedite processing" email received- 07/13

That just means they approved the expedite not the case, right? Any idea what to expect in terms of timeline after this update? I did read that Washington Post article about printing delays so expecting a long haul anyway.

1 minute ago, shy12 said:

Evidence faxed-07/07

Heard back nothing and was afraid they didn't receive the fax, so resent all evidence- 07/10

That just means they approved the expedite not the case, right? Any idea what to expect in terms of timeline after this update? I did read that Washington Post article about printing delays so expecting a long haul anyway.

Yes it means your expedited was approved. 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
8 minutes ago, shy12 said:

Evidence faxed-07/07

Congrats! Hopefully they will resolve the printer issue somehow!

When you requested your expedite over the phone, did you mention that you have not completed biometrics yet? Did they mention biometrics at all? Trying to figure out why some people get denied immediately if no biometrics, while others get the request for evidence email.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

2 hours ago, David_Norway said:

Congrats! Hopefully they will resolve the printer issue somehow!

When you requested your expedite over the phone, did you mention that you have not completed biometrics yet? Did they mention biometrics at all? Trying to figure out why some people get denied immediately if no biometrics, while others get the request for evidence email.

I had previous biometrics on file that had already been applied. I have been living in the States for 10 years now, lost count of how many fingerprints they have taken.... Have you tried raising the request through your senator? One of my friends recently got approved the second time after being denied for fingerprints after approaching the Senator’s office.

Edited by shy12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
9 minutes ago, shy12 said:

I had previous biometrics on file that had already been applied. I have been living in the States for 10 years now, lost count of how many fingerprints they have taken.... Have you tried raising the request through your senator? One of my friends recently got approved the second time after being denied for fingerprints after approaching the Senator’s office.

Not yet, but I guess I will try that next. Did you friend actually receive the card? If not, could you let us know when he receives it?

In addition to all the problems which affect everyone, there are two problems with not having biometrics done. 1) I might not be able to get the expedite approved. 2) Even if I do, people without biometrics have not, from what I have read, actually received the card.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

12 hours ago, David_Norway said:

Not yet, but I guess I will try that next. Did you friend actually receive the card? If not, could you let us know when he receives it?

In addition to all the problems which affect everyone, there are two problems with not having biometrics done. 1) I might not be able to get the expedite approved. 2) Even if I do, people without biometrics have not, from what I have read, actually received the card.

I will keep you posted. He hasn't received any notice to get his biometrics taken when the ASCs open next Monday. But his case was approved last week, so it still might be a few weeks until his card is shipped going by recent timelines from USCIS.

General question,

My lawyer sent in an expedite request for my GC and EAD/AP (I'm not sure why he did both, but I'm not complaining) and I got word that there's an RFE.  I haven't received word yet what the RFE is and I'm waiting.

Does anyone have a similar situation as this?  Also, my bio-metrics haven't been completed yet =/

7 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

General question,

My lawyer sent in an expedite request for my GC and EAD/AP (I'm not sure why he did both, but I'm not complaining) and I got word that there's an RFE.  I haven't received word yet what the RFE is and I'm waiting.

Does anyone have a similar situation as this?  Also, my bio-metrics haven't been completed yet =/

yeah its possible. you wont know what the RFE is until you get the letter ? 

duh

1 minute ago, James120383 said:

yeah its possible. you wont know what the RFE is until you get the letter ? 

Correct. I feel the lawyer is keeping me out of the loop somewhat. He has been very vague with his answers. And he seems quite non-committal with them, too

I'm just waiting for my RFE letter.  I'm not sure how long that will take

29 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

Correct. I feel the lawyer is keeping me out of the loop somewhat. He has been very vague with his answers. And he seems quite non-committal with them, too

I'm just waiting for my RFE letter.  I'm not sure how long that will take

yeah you can check online status to see which one has RFE . He also wont know until the letter arrives at his desk 

duh

Just checking for recent experience here...I sent in an expedite request on Friday 7/17, received the email request almost right away, and faxed in the evidence within a few hours. Since then I have not heard anything nor has the case been updated at all. Is this normal now? Is there anything useful a tier 2 rep could tell me if I called in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.