2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, beefmaster said:

It makes you wonder why there is an expedite process if it still takes months to process. 

Exactly that’s what I asked the USCIS customer but all they reply is to wait and it will be processed before the normal processing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just wondering if anybody who received their EAD cards got their SSN already? 

2019-12-04:       I-765 / I-485 sent

2019-12-10:       NOA received

2020-01-03:       Biometrics appointment 

2020-04-30:       EAD approved

2020-05-07:       EAD received

2020-05-11:       RFIE letter received

2020-06-08:       RFIE response sent 

2020-07-20:       Status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" 

Woke up to great news! Sent a request to expedite my husband’s EAD on Wednesday night and by Thursday morning received an email asking for proof of job offer. We sent it over that night and today woke up to new card is being produced :) I don’t know it was because of the expedite request or it was approved without it but great news regardless!!

I expedited my request two weeks ago and last week it said "Case was approved".

But now it's been more than a week and there's no update. Shouldn't there be a "new card is ordered" or "new card is mailed to you" update after case approval? Has anyone ever been in this situation? No update after getting approved? How long did it take you to get your card after approval? 

Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, cw01 said:

I expedited my request two weeks ago and last week it said "Case was approved".

But now it's been more than a week and there's no update. Shouldn't there be a "new card is ordered" or "new card is mailed to you" update after case approval? Has anyone ever been in this situation? No update after getting approved? How long did it take you to get your card after approval? 

Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone!

Actually my EAD status went from Card is being produced > Case Was Approved > Card was Delivered To Me By the Post Office.

If you call with the receipt number USCIS will let you know if the card has been produced and a USPS tracking number.

8 hours ago, jmn1012 said:

Actually my EAD status went from Card is being produced > Case Was Approved > Card was Delivered To Me By the Post Office.

If you call with the receipt number USCIS will let you know if the card has been produced and a USPS tracking number.

I faxed my evidence for expedition request on May 6th and haven't heard anything since then...but I haven't done biometrics, still received an email (on 4/27) for the evidence to be faxed tho. 
Should I call them to see what's going on? which number to call again?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had been following this thread RELIGIOUSLY while debating on whether or not to try to request to expedite my husband’s EAD. We were prepared to do so next week when we received an update yesterday that his card was being produced. Just wanted to give a little hope to anyone who’s a little stressed about all of this. 

We filed: 12/17/2019

Bio Appointment: 1/30/2020 

EAD Card Being Produced: 5/26/2020

Good luck to you all! 

Edited by Chi_Rinze

6 hours ago, troseryensid said:

I faxed my evidence for expedition request on May 6th and haven't heard anything since then...but I haven't done biometrics, still received an email (on 4/27) for the evidence to be faxed tho. 
Should I call them to see what's going on? which number to call again?

I would always call if indoubt.

Call 1- 800-375-5282. When the call is answered press 1,1,2,2 and enter your receipt number. When the L1 agent gives you all their details if they do not answer you question then do asked to be transfered to a L2 office, they have access to more data.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, beefmaster said:

Did you get an update on your case? Nothing for me :( 

Nothing for me too. I have been calling them daily and as a result yesterday I got to know that there was some hold on my case which was lifted on May 14th so after the hold is lifted they usually have 30 days to give a decision on the case. I guess more wait for me...!!!

10 minutes ago, GSKhanuja said:

Nothing for me too. I have been calling them daily and as a result yesterday I got to know that there was some hold on my case which was lifted on May 14th so after the hold is lifted they usually have 30 days to give a decision on the case. I guess more wait for me...!!!

I hope you hear something sooner than 30 days. Best of luck!

Timeline
3 hours ago, beefmaster said:

I hope you hear something sooner than 30 days. Best of luck!

Lets hope for the best. Did you call USCIS and ask what’s going on with your case? 

Also you can check if you got an RFE for your i485.

4 hours ago, GSKhanuja said:

Apparently all they do is buy themselves time. I expedited on April 8th and I sent the evidence as requested on April 9th. I didn’t hear anything after that and I’ve been calling ever since. I eventually got an L2 officer to request a follow up with the adjudication officer in charge of my case. After that, I got an email saying they’re making additional reviews and ad a result, the processing will be delayed and it’s in line for processing. Additional review for what? You have my documents, I’ve sent you the evidence you need; my job offer, a letter from my manager, copies of my monthly bills that will eventually become debts if i end up losing my job. What more review are you guys doing. It’s annoying and frustrating. All they do is buy themselves time, they’ll find an excuse to not make a decision on cases. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Nnamdi said:

Apparently all they do is buy themselves time. I expedited on April 8th and I sent the evidence as requested on April 9th. I didn’t hear anything after that and I’ve been calling ever since. I eventually got an L2 officer to request a follow up with the adjudication officer in charge of my case. After that, I got an email saying they’re making additional reviews and ad a result, the processing will be delayed and it’s in line for processing. Additional review for what? You have my documents, I’ve sent you the evidence you need; my job offer, a letter from my manager, copies of my monthly bills that will eventually become debts if i end up losing my job. What more review are you guys doing. It’s annoying and frustrating. All they do is buy themselves time, they’ll find an excuse to not make a decision on cases. 

You are absolutely right. My expedite request was approved on April 8th and since then I have been waiting for the decision very patiently but now I feel like USCIS is just wasting my time lately. 

3 hours ago, GSKhanuja said:

Lets hope for the best. Did you call USCIS and ask what’s going on with your case? 

Also you can check if you got an RFE for your i485.

Yes i did. They told me to call back Friday. No idea why. 

I have already received and responded to an RFIE on my I-485 that they confirms receipt of at the beginning of April. I will call again today and ask if there are any additional issues though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.