SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, vistawateraz said:

We extended ours with no issues. The consulate is very understanding.

Thank you so much! We've been freaking out about this :P

By the way, how did you extend yours? Did you call, email, or write a letter?

Edited by Michael Lombardi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I would like to ask a silly question but I will leave no stone un-turned. My fiance will be here in SA for the interview (that's the plan) do we need to make arrangements for her to join me for the interview at the consulate.

On another note we met 2 times before the interview and then she will be here again for the visa, will these amounts of visits suffice for the embassy? 

Thanks in advance 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, KyleB22 said:

I would like to ask a silly question but I will leave no stone un-turned. My fiance will be here in SA for the interview (that's the plan) do we need to make arrangements for her to join me for the interview at the consulate.

On another note we met 2 times before the interview and then she will be here again for the visa, will these amounts of visits suffice for the embassy? 

Thanks in advance 

You don’t need to make arrangements for her to go in with you. If they call your name for the interview at the second window, I would suggest that you go up to it on your own (it is your interview after all) and you can mention to the interviewer that she’s here and he/she will then tell you if you should ask her over. 

As for the visits, there is no right or wrong. Your job is to prove that the relationship is legitimate with your evidence and answers during the interview. 

Edited by Tanya007

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Do you have to deposit the money into the doctor office account prior to the first day of medical check, or can you pay in cash on arrival?  

This is for Dr. Hoosen in Joburg

Thanks! 

Just now, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Do you have to deposit the money into the doctor office account prior to the first day of medical check, or can you pay in cash on arrival?  

Thanks! 

I was under the impression that the medical needed to be paid via EFT before you arrived for it. However when I got there you were able to swipe. However they did not take cash at all

Timeline
13 minutes ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Thanks! 

My fiance used her debit card.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Beyond excited this is finally happening - all the tickets there are booked - tickets for myself and step daughter booked back to joburg - managed to get an amazing deal (53% off!) on a very nice apartment literally next to the consulate.  

Organizing my documents now 

Here is my check list

Beneficiary 

1. 2x Copies of passport page for medical exam

2. 4x passport photos SA Size (Is there somewhere in Sandton city mall that will do this for us?   And will they be open on Saturday / Sunday?)

3. Vaccination card / Med History Card

4. Original and Copy of Long form Birth Certificate with certified translation

5. Original and copy of Police Certificate with certified translation

6. Original and copy of Parental Consent Affidavit from biological father for immigrating to US and allowance to travel with me, step father / petitioner - as well as allowance to provide medical decisions - this includes copies of his national ID card - all of which has been notarized by the civil registry 

7. Same as above for mother 

8. DS-260 and confirmation page

Petitioner

1. I-864

2. 4 years of Tax transcripts

3. Last 6 months of paystubs from employer

4. Original and Copy of Letter from employer confirming current employment and salary 

5. copies of photos together with beneficiary as well as western union transaction receipts for money sent to beneficiary while living in Mozambique

6. Original and Copies Long form marriage certificate of myself and beneficiaries mother with certified translation

7. I-130 Package

a. I-130 Cover letter

b. I-130 application

c. Beneficiary Birth Certificate with certified translation

d. Petitioner and Beneficiaries mothers marriage certificate with certified translation

e. Copy Petitioners Passport

f. G-1145 e-Notification page

8. Copies of all communications with USCIS, NVC and Consulate

What am I missing? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Beyond excited this is finally happening - all the tickets there are booked - tickets for myself and step daughter booked back to joburg - managed to get an amazing deal (53% off!) on a very nice apartment literally next to the consulate.  

Organizing my documents now 

Here is my check list

Beneficiary 

1. 2x Copies of passport page for medical exam

2. 4x passport photos SA Size (Is there somewhere in Sandton city mall that will do this for us?   And will they be open on Saturday / Sunday?)

3. Vaccination card / Med History Card

4. Original and Copy of Long form Birth Certificate with certified translation

5. Original and copy of Police Certificate with certified translation

6. Original and copy of Parental Consent Affidavit from biological father for immigrating to US and allowance to travel with me, step father / petitioner - as well as allowance to provide medical decisions - this includes copies of his national ID card - all of which has been notarized by the civil registry 

7. Same as above for mother 

8. DS-260 and confirmation page

Petitioner

1. I-864

2. 4 years of Tax transcripts

3. Last 6 months of paystubs from employer

4. Original and Copy of Letter from employer confirming current employment and salary 

5. copies of photos together with beneficiary as well as western union transaction receipts for money sent to beneficiary while living in Mozambique

6. Original and Copies Long form marriage certificate of myself and beneficiaries mother with certified translation

7. I-130 Package

a. I-130 Cover letter

b. I-130 application

c. Beneficiary Birth Certificate with certified translation

d. Petitioner and Beneficiaries mothers marriage certificate with certified translation

e. Copy Petitioners Passport

f. G-1145 e-Notification page

8. Copies of all communications with USCIS, NVC and Consulate

What am I missing? 

You can get photos at Postnet at the mall. Ask for American visa photos. They should be open Saturday and Sunday 

Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey there! Jumping on the bandwagon here. Our case was received by the U.S embassy in JHB on the 9th of April (the site said "READY"), this morning after emails not replied to, I found another number for the embassy on this forum (THANK YOU!) and guess what!? They had emailed Packet 3 to the wrong email address on April 17th already. After thinking there was something wrong with our case, I finally received Packet 3 today and have booked my interview for June 20th! HAPPY DAYS!

Just wanted to add, this forum has come in super handy, and I'm so happy for all those that have been approved! You guys have given me constant hope that the wait is almost over!  

Hello! Would you mind sharing that number? I think we may be having the same issue with the address. They received ours on 9th of April and we have not heard a thing. But I cannot get through with any numbers we have found. 

Timeline
On 4/30/2019 at 7:59 AM, Tanya007 said:

It is absolutely insane how long this whole process takes. I saw that it takes 150 days just to get employment authorization!! 

I think we were all a bit nervous and distracted on the 25th.... the whole day felt like a big blur to me. 

Have you checked your status yet? Mine was on issued since yesterday 😃 so hoping to get that visa soon! 

Do they ask for employment letter at the JHB interview? 

Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 7:52 PM, lau--lau said:

Hi guys , hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the long message 🙈. My interview is on Thursday so could someone just see whether I have everything or should I add anything extra please. 

everything I have for the interview so far...

NB documents:

appiontment letter

pkt 3 instructions

payment confirmation 

Ds 160 confirmation

noa1 & 2

passport

police clearance 

birth certificate 

4x Us passport sized photos 

brown closed envelope I recieved at the medical and vaccination docs. 

proof of relationship :

letters of intent to marry

Our sons crba, passports, birth certificate

pictures taken with fiance and his family when they visited in October last year ( should I add pictures from years prior to the petition being made?) 

Fiancés flight confirmation, boarding pass, booking confirmation for hotels and car rental made here in SA

WhatsApp conversations 

call logs

wedding plans ( dress receipt, ring receipts and confirmation of ceremony booking ) 

affidavit of supports ( fiancé and his father ) along with their

w2

tax returns 

letter of employment 

bank statements

am I missing anything ???? 

Hi! How did your interview go? Is there anything in this list they didn't ask for?? My interview is this Thursday.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Do they ask for employment letter at the JHB interview? 

They didn’t ask for specific financial support documentation. Just asked for the affidavit with supporting documents. I had one from my fiancé however, as well as tax returns, bank statements and pay stubs. Gave them the whole pack. Did they look at everything? Most probably not. Just take as much as you can. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.