SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello ALL!!

So my fiance had his interview on the 7th and got his Visa in hand today!! So it took 8 working days. Just to give y'all an idea of timeline.

Timeline
14 hours ago, ashoos said:

Hello! 

Anyone else having issues with booking interview appointments at the consulate in Johannesburg? 

It says there are no appointments available and has said so for the past week! 

Calling the consulate and emailing doesn't exactly provide many answers especially as it seems I'm going around in circles driving myself mad haha. 

Hello yes me too!!! Maybe it's the load shedding causing issues? I'm so ready to get mine scheduled!

13 hours ago, ZTC said:

Hello yes me too!!! Maybe it's the load shedding causing issues? I'm so ready to get mine scheduled!

Just managed to book an appointment for May 16! I’d check the site and hopefully you have the same luck! 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

c'mon give me a date already - the flooding is making me more nervous - I just want to get her out of there - I have a feeling things happening in Mozambique are the start of very long very difficult stretch for the country 

Timeline

Hi everyone, for those of you who went for interviews in JHB, did any of you have issues or guidelines from the officers regarding the minimum income amount? are they strict in superseding the 125% of the minimum income amount? any feedback would be appreciated! 

Thanks  

Timeline

Did those of you with interviews in Johannasburg get a call from the consulate confirming the interview date?  

We missed a call from the consulate and were left no message, and tried calling back to only get automated info line.  Is it normal to call and confirm or should we be more persistent with reaching back to them? 

04/25/18  - I-129F sent Overnight Priority USPS to PO Box in Dallas

04/28/18  - USCIS signed for I-129F

05/01/18  -  Electronic NOA1

05/05/18  -  NOA1 hard copy

10/17/18  -  NOA2 

10/22/18  -  NOA2 received

11/14/18  -  NVC received case

11/23/18  -  NVC issued case number

12/11/18  -  NVC in transit

12/27/18  - P3 Received

03/28/19  -  Interview

04/11/19  -  Entry to US

07/07/19  -  Wedding

08/09/19  -  Filed AOS/EAD/AP

08/12/19  -  NOA1

09/04/19  -  Biometric Appointment

10/10/19  -  Notice of Ready For Interview  

12/06/19  -  AP/EAD Approved

12/16/19  -  AP/EAD Card Received

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview Scheduled Text

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview NOA

04/16/20  -  AOS Interview (E-notice of  interview cancellation received 03/31/20)

Timeline
1 hour ago, pretendthisisfun said:

Did those of you with interviews in Johannasburg get a call from the consulate confirming the interview date?  

We missed a call from the consulate and were left no message, and tried calling back to only get automated info line.  Is it normal to call and confirm or should we be more persistent with reaching back to them? 

I never received a call from them. They sent me packet 3 via email, asked me to let them know when my interview is booked. Sent them the interview date via email and they confirmed receipt there of. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Tanya007 said:

I never received a call from them. They sent me packet 3 via email, asked me to let them know when my interview is booked. Sent them the interview date via email and they confirmed receipt there of. 

They needed us to send DS160 confirmation page.  We emailed since we couldn’t get hold and they replied with what they needed.  So if anyone gets a call, I recommend emailing consularjohannesburg@state.gov with your case number and full name and tell them you received a call and are following up.  If it’s something like we had, they will let you know.

04/25/18  - I-129F sent Overnight Priority USPS to PO Box in Dallas

04/28/18  - USCIS signed for I-129F

05/01/18  -  Electronic NOA1

05/05/18  -  NOA1 hard copy

10/17/18  -  NOA2 

10/22/18  -  NOA2 received

11/14/18  -  NVC received case

11/23/18  -  NVC issued case number

12/11/18  -  NVC in transit

12/27/18  - P3 Received

03/28/19  -  Interview

04/11/19  -  Entry to US

07/07/19  -  Wedding

08/09/19  -  Filed AOS/EAD/AP

08/12/19  -  NOA1

09/04/19  -  Biometric Appointment

10/10/19  -  Notice of Ready For Interview  

12/06/19  -  AP/EAD Approved

12/16/19  -  AP/EAD Card Received

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview Scheduled Text

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview NOA

04/16/20  -  AOS Interview (E-notice of  interview cancellation received 03/31/20)

Timeline

Hi all please tell me if I’m missing anything. My interview is next week on the 4th. So here’s what I have: 

unabridged birth cert, clearance, 6 passport photos, death cert of mother, adoption papers ( because I put my adoptive mother on my ds160 and 129f) death cert of adoptive mother, letter from the court supporting my adoption, fiancée birth cert, 134 affidavit, pay slips (as many as we could find) only one W2 because she started her job right out of college of December 2017, employment letter, letter from bank, letter of intent, photos, WhatsApp messages, boarding tickets of our trip together to Thailand, invoice of engagement ring, explanation of meeting and a thank you letter. Do I need anything else? 

Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, SAlove18 said:

Hi all please tell me if I’m missing anything. My interview is next week on the 4th. So here’s what I have: 

unabridged birth cert, clearance, 6 passport photos, death cert of mother, adoption papers ( because I put my adoptive mother on my ds160 and 129f) death cert of adoptive mother, letter from the court supporting my adoption, fiancée birth cert, 134 affidavit, pay slips (as many as we could find) only one W2 because she started her job right out of college of December 2017, employment letter, letter from bank, letter of intent, photos, WhatsApp messages, boarding tickets of our trip together to Thailand, invoice of engagement ring, explanation of meeting and a thank you letter. Do I need anything else? 

Not that I can think of, all the best! did you guys file as a single sponsor (Just her since she just got out of college) on the I-134 Affidavit of support? keep us posted on the results! wish you all the best! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, KyleB22 said:

Not that I can think of, all the best! did you guys file as a single sponsor (Just her since she just got out of college) on the I-134 Affidavit of support? keep us posted on the results! wish you all the best! 

I am the petitioner I was gonna file as a single sponsor but then I feel as though I should as my mom to co sponsor. We don’t need it but I think it’s best only because I graduated in 2017 and started my job December of 2017 so I had nothing to file and this is only the first time I am filing 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SAlove18 said:

I am the petitioner I was gonna file as a single sponsor but then I feel as though I should as my mom to co sponsor. We don’t need it but I think it’s best only because I graduated in 2017 and started my job December of 2017 so I had nothing to file and this is only the first time I am filing 

My fiance is going to do the same, rather be safe than sorry, I saw a few people meet the minimum required financial support and still get denied as they didn't have any tangible assets, like a car, house etc.. you don't want to come this far and have any issues, I mailed the consulate in JHB and they are cool with joint sponsors as apparently not all embassies are ok with that, I do speak under correction, I have just done a lot of reading regarding this topic specifically 

Timeline

Does anyone have advice for speeding up the process for unabridged birth certificate in south africa? My fiance went to his local home affairs the first week of November to apply for one and he still doesnt have it. He has gone to home affairs once a month and all they tell him is its not ready. He is in the western cape. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, sloanebglover said:

Does anyone have advice for speeding up the process for unabridged birth certificate in south africa? My fiance went to his local home affairs the first week of November to apply for one and he still doesnt have it. He has gone to home affairs once a month and all they tell him is its not ready. He is in the western cape. 

Try calling 0800601190... keep calling until they answer and ask for the status and give then the date you applied. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.