SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 12/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, JS5220 said:

I'll do the same for all of you too!

Please add me to this message too, or post here as I'd like to know when interview dates are posted.  Praying mine gets sent this week.

04/25/18  - I-129F sent Overnight Priority USPS to PO Box in Dallas

04/28/18  - USCIS signed for I-129F

05/01/18  -  Electronic NOA1

05/05/18  -  NOA1 hard copy

10/17/18  -  NOA2 

10/22/18  -  NOA2 received

11/14/18  -  NVC received case

11/23/18  -  NVC issued case number

12/11/18  -  NVC in transit

12/27/18  - P3 Received

03/28/19  -  Interview

04/11/19  -  Entry to US

07/07/19  -  Wedding

08/09/19  -  Filed AOS/EAD/AP

08/12/19  -  NOA1

09/04/19  -  Biometric Appointment

10/10/19  -  Notice of Ready For Interview  

12/06/19  -  AP/EAD Approved

12/16/19  -  AP/EAD Card Received

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview Scheduled Text

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview NOA

04/16/20  -  AOS Interview (E-notice of  interview cancellation received 03/31/20)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline
On 12/7/2018 at 6:28 AM, madameMaison said:

I read the medical appointment instructions and it states that immunization records are one of the  things required when attending the medical examination....

I'm guessing immunization records from when we were born ? I asked my parents if they know where those documents are and they said they aren't sure..

What happens if I can't find the immunization records? Will the doctor just re-inject and will I be allowed to continue the medical assessment? Thanx and hope you guys are well. 🌼

If you’re applying for the K1 visa, the immunizations are optional for entry into the US but mandated for AOS to a Green Card. 

My fiance doesnt have immunization records and was given the option to do it then or in the US. He is doing them in the US and not having them didn’t negatively impact his visa approval. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, pretendthisisfun said:

Congratulations! 

I recommend you join this thread and follow along.  You could also read through the November one as well if you have loads of time.  Those threads will answer your questions best to avoid redundancy.  Most folks here have already had their case numbers issued an/or their files are at the embassy and they are waiting for an interview.

This is an exciting step for you, but there's still some waiting.  My case is still at the NVC and I got my NOA2 10/17.  But the longest wait is over at least.   Good luck!

Hey yeah I’m following I started this thread actually. I’m just trying to figure out where to go from here especially concerning my w2s every country is different and so is every embassy 

Timeline
10 hours ago, SAlove18 said:

Omg I’m so excited! My NOA1 Feb 14 NOA2 Dec 3. We are finally approved. So what do I do now? Also if I started working December 2017 how do I get my most recent W2 for the interview? 

CONGRATULATIONS 🎉💎🌠🌟💎

Timeline
10 hours ago, SAlove18 said:

Omg I’m so excited! My NOA1 Feb 14 NOA2 Dec 3. We are finally approved. So what do I do now? Also if I started working December 2017 how do I get my most recent W2 for the interview? 

After approval,  you can look forward to getting your case number from the NVC. This can take around 2-4 weeks after approval

Once you have a case number, your case gets sent to the SA consulate of your region. (JHB/CPT/DBN) this will take about 2-4 weeks 

After your case has left the NVC and arrives at your consulate (takes 3 - 7 days) , your case will say "ready" on this website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=stLgYJNY3SVNSD63kBq4ow==

You can also use this same website to track if your file has left the NVC or not. 

Your American fiancé/e will have also Received an email from the NVC after they assign a case number.

You the Beneficiary will need to also prepare the DS-160 for the interview. 

You will get Packet 3 after the consulate has recieved your case. They may email it to the American fiancé/e (most likely).. packet 3 contains all the instructions for preparation of the interview. 

It is advisable to start gathering all your documents throughout this waiting process.

Timeline

So right now it looks like people waiting for appointments are 

@LuFlolady

@pretendthisisfun

@madameMaison

@Mozam

And myself.

Anyone else? 😅

03/30/2018 - Mailed I-129f

04/03/2018 - NOA1 old site

04/05/2018 - NOA1 new site

10/17/2018 - NOA2 (197 days)

11/09/2018 - NVC Received Case

11/13/2018 - NVC Case number received

11/27/2018 - Case sent to embassy

11/30/2018 - Case arrived at embassy (NVC says "Ready")

01/17/2019 - Medical exam completed

02/07/2019 - Interview

02/28/2019 - Visa in Hand 

03/01/2019 - Entered USA

Timeline

Hi People 

We finally got married on the 1st December 2018. Now busy filling for adjustment of status the Greencard. Heads up. Another medical needs to be done for the Greencard and more proof of photo's together, before the wedding and after wedding. Proof of joint accounts etc. But I know some of you are still in the K1 process. Good luck with everyone's process. Be strong and never give up hope. This Greencard is a expensive expense too so keep in mind it is worth it at the end. 

Zel 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Hi People 

We finally got married on the 1st December 2018. Now busy filling for adjustment of status the Greencard. Heads up. Another medical needs to be done for the Greencard and more proof of photo's together, before the wedding and after wedding. Proof of joint accounts etc. But I know some of you are still in the K1 process. Good luck with everyone's process. Be strong and never give up hope. This Greencard is a expensive expense too so keep in mind it is worth it at the end. 

Zel 

Congratulations on your wedding! May blessings and happiness follow your beautiful union forever.🌼🌼🌼

19 hours ago, JS5220 said:

So right now it looks like people waiting for appointments are 

@LuFlolady

@pretendthisisfun

@madameMaison

@Mozam

And myself.

Anyone else? 😅

Correct the waiting is killing me

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

19 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Hi People 

Zel 

Congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

@Mozam  We incorrectly uploaded the cedula de nascimento to the NVC page and received a note saying it was not the correct one.   We then uploaded the translated narritiva completa de nascimento and again got a message saying it isnt the right one.   It is the full page, two columns of information one which I understood to be correct?   

I am thinking my only way to find out is to call NVC tonight.  Also they are now requesting a criminal record - my wife doesnt think she will be able to get one, she is only 16 years old - but they are going to try tomorrow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
26 minutes ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

@Mozam  We incorrectly uploaded the cedula de nascimento to the NVC page and received a note saying it was not the correct one.   We then uploaded the translated narritiva completa de nascimento and again got a message saying it isnt the right one.   It is the full page, two columns of information one which I understood to be correct?   

I am thinking my only way to find out is to call NVC tonight.  Also they are now requesting a criminal record - my wife doesnt think she will be able to get one, she is only 16 years old - but they are going to try tomorrow

I'm not sure about the cedula. We planned on using his and having it translated and bringing it to the interview. Which sounds like the same thing you are mentioning. I'm not sure what else they could want? That's what is issued as a birth certificate here. Are they wanting something different from the little white cedula? Let me know what you find out. 

I'm not sure about the age, but I know you can go in the morning to the registo, pay the expedite fee, and receive in the same day. We didn't pay the expedited fee and still received it in under one week. I think it was only 3 or 4 working days. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Mozam said:

I'm not sure about the cedula. We planned on using his and having it translated and bringing it to the interview. Which sounds like the same thing you are mentioning. I'm not sure what else they could want? That's what is issued as a birth certificate here. Are they wanting something different from the little white cedula? Let me know what you find out. 

I'm not sure about the age, but I know you can go in the morning to the registo, pay the expedite fee, and receive in the same day. We didn't pay the expedited fee and still received it in under one week. I think it was only 3 or 4 working days. 

Yes correct, the Cedula is the small folded version.   This is not the correct version to have as I understand it.   As I understand you must have the Narativo completa which is the full page, unfolded document with two columns of text.    I think I will just have to call them tonight and ask.   

We will go and try the police record tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Mozam said:

Here is the link to the NVC document page for Mozambique 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Mozambique.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Yes correct, the Cedula is the small folded version.   This is not the correct version to have as I understand it.   As I understand you must have the Narativo completa which is the full page, unfolded document with two columns of text.    I think I will just have to call them tonight and ask.   

We will go and try the police record tomorrow.  

Here is the link to the NVC document page for Mozambique 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Mozambique.html

I had no idea. So grateful you mentioned this. Thankfully he is traveling this week to his city of birth, so we can get this. What version did your spouse have in her original interview? Please keep me updated. 

I would suggest going early to get in line. Every time I or he has been, there is a line out the door. Assuming you're in Maputo? Correct? 

Have you been able to schedule your interview yet? 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Timeline
On 11/19/2018 at 11:07 AM, madameMaison said:

😵😖only Jan ? SIGH. Smh.  . I'm losing my patience. It's sad because I saw @Leah and Matt

Timeline and I had hoped ours would flow just as smoothly after NVC and etc, regardless of the fact that we are about to get to a complex month like Dec. .. it's really just frustrating.

Yeah we got crazy lucky. I managed to book my medical with out an interview date and then wen i payed for my interview i was given an interview date a week after my medical. Everything happened crazy fast. 

Got my visa 3 days after. And was gone by the next week

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.