SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

Sigh... Bye bye to our new year's eve plans in New York to watch the ball drop in TimeSquare... I guess I'll see the ball drop NEXT YEAR with bae.. 😦😞

so frustrating.... Is your case "ready" too?

2 minutes ago, Mozam said:

No, I've just being going off what I know to do next. Who's email did it come to? Fiancé or Petitioner? 

Fiance email

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
1 minute ago, LuFlolady said:

Fiance email

Hmm.. we checked his email together today. We will have to check it again. I'm assuming you received it today?

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, LuFlolady said:

Fiance email

Nope. I was hoping  that when our case leaves the NVC for SA in the End Of the Month shipment, that it would most likely arrive by Early December, like the 6th or so, and that interview dates would still be available during the month BEFORE holiday season. . . But oh well.. expectations out the window from today. I'll just go with the Embassy's flow. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, madameMaison said:

Nope. I was hoping  that when our case leaves the NVC for SA in the End Of the Month shipment, that it would most likely arrive by Early December, like the 6th or so, and that interview dates would still be available during the month BEFORE holiday season. . . But oh well.. expectations out the window from today. I'll just go with the Embassy's flow. 

I'm right there with ya. When I first started this process I had no idea it would take this long, and each step along the way I've been proven over and over again just how much longer it can take....I feel like now I need to just lower my expectations and brace for a March entry date. By the time we get an interview (assuming early / mid february), get the visa, schedule a flight... just sad to think of it sometimes but soon enough this time apart will all be over; we've already made it this far.

03/30/2018 - Mailed I-129f

04/03/2018 - NOA1 old site

04/05/2018 - NOA1 new site

10/17/2018 - NOA2 (197 days)

11/09/2018 - NVC Received Case

11/13/2018 - NVC Case number received

11/27/2018 - Case sent to embassy

11/30/2018 - Case arrived at embassy (NVC says "Ready")

01/17/2019 - Medical exam completed

02/07/2019 - Interview

02/28/2019 - Visa in Hand 

03/01/2019 - Entered USA

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Again, realizing I am IR-2 and not K1 - looking at the dates in many of the timelines here - I would be expecting an interview hopefully in January but possibly February - Christmas is way to fast - I think it would be fast even for the Obama days - NVC used to be 2 weeks now it is 3 -4 and with the holidays there will be many missed days of work and people with personal time off.  

We will probably all be in Jozy around the same time.

Timeline
5 hours ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Again, realizing I am IR-2 and not K1 - looking at the dates in many of the timelines here - I would be expecting an interview hopefully in January but possibly February - Christmas is way to fast - I think it would be fast even for the Obama days - NVC used to be 2 weeks now it is 3 -4 and with the holidays there will be many missed days of work and people with personal time off.  

.... I regret looking at timeline estimates for 2016 and 2017 before we applied... It took majority of them a max of 6-7 months from START to Finish (in general ofcourse) .. that used to be the average timeline. I love and adore Trump (and know he has nothing to do with the slowing down of the visa process, I think it just mostly has to do with higher volumes of applications this year), but my goodness what a shock in these timelines. . . . 

My fiancé and I took the k1 route because we thought it would be quicker than the Spousal visa. But honestly, they are both basically the same in length of time. And if not, I can't imagine what spousal visa people are going through. Peace be upon all of us. . 😆

Timeline
9 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

.... I regret looking at timeline estimates for 2016 and 2017 before we applied... It took majority of them a max of 6-7 months from START to Finish (in general ofcourse) .. that used to be the average timeline. I love and adore Trump (and know he has nothing to do with the slowing down of the visa process, I think it just mostly has to do with higher volumes of applications this year), but my goodness what a shock in these timelines. . . . 

My fiancé and I took the k1 route because we thought it would be quicker than the Spousal visa. But honestly, they are both basically the same in length of time. And if not, I can't imagine what spousal visa people are going through. Peace be upon all of us. . 😆

IR-2 is similar to Spouse - we filed out I-130 (which starts the process) on March 6th and got our first NOA on March 12th - it took USCIS 6 months to approve, this stage used to take about 3.  And you are right he has not done anything directly to effect the timelines, more just nervousness over speculation of change that has caused a massive increase. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Do you know if they open IR-2 interviews on limited days like the K visas? Or do they hold those more often than the K visas since they aren't as common? If so, then you might be able to get in a little quicker than us. 

Timeline

Is anyone still active on here that can tell me how the medical appt. goes? What kind of questions they ask?

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that no one can accompany the person. Just wondering if it is straight forward or maybe really technical. Mainly wondering if my fiancé will have trouble communicating and understanding. He speaks English but has trouble understanding certain people's English. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Mozam said:

Do you know if they open IR-2 interviews on limited days like the K visas? Or do they hold those more often than the K visas since they aren't as common? If so, then you might be able to get in a little quicker than us. 

I honestly have no idea.   it is so hard to find standalone IR-2 information  

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mozam said:

Is anyone still active on here that can tell me how the medical appt. goes? What kind of questions they ask?

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that no one can accompany the person. Just wondering if it is straight forward or maybe really technical. Mainly wondering if my fiancé will have trouble communicating and understanding. He speaks English but has trouble understanding certain people's English. 

I spoke to the office in Jozy a few months ago and asked about my step daughter what the process is and if I would need a translator - they indicated I could come in and translate, that would be fine.   

Also, when I talked to them they sent a document about how the physical is outside of the normal SA procedure but is accepted because the US gov is requesting - it may also mention HAVING to have multiple people in the room to avoid sexual misconduct - Let me see if I can find the email 

When we went for my wife's medical here in the US (Still has to be a certified doctor), they did the listed tests, asked brief medical history - but really just taking notes of what you tell them, they will ask some STD questions, mental health questions, heart condition and cancer I think.  (like have you ever had....?) 

Timeline

From Dr. Hoosen's Office on 2/2/18

Please be advised that your appointment is scheduled for 2 days in which the 1st day and the 4th day -- on a Monday and a Thursday or a Friday and a Monday, that paperwork is the first day and MEDICAL is on the fourth day.  The necessary vaccines will be given according to Dr. Hoosen which may be one or two vaccines.  You can come with her for translation - nothing much to translate.

the general forms and prices are attached here as a PDF for your information

- She is only 16 though so the process may also be different than for an adult

REQUIREMENT-PRICE CHANGE FOR JANUARY 2018.pdf

Timeline
19 minutes ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

I spoke to the office in Jozy a few months ago and asked about my step daughter what the process is and if I would need a translator - they indicated I could come in and translate, that would be fine.   

Also, when I talked to them they sent a document about how the physical is outside of the normal SA procedure but is accepted because the US gov is requesting - it may also mention HAVING to have multiple people in the room to avoid sexual misconduct - Let me see if I can find the email 

When we went for my wife's medical here in the US (Still has to be a certified doctor), they did the listed tests, asked brief medical history - but really just taking notes of what you tell them, they will ask some STD questions, mental health questions, heart condition and cancer I think.  (like have you ever had....?) 

2 minutes ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

From Dr. Hoosen's Office on 2/2/18

Please be advised that your appointment is scheduled for 2 days in which the 1st day and the 4th day -- on a Monday and a Thursday or a Friday and a Monday, that paperwork is the first day and MEDICAL is on the fourth day.  The necessary vaccines will be given according to Dr. Hoosen which may be one or two vaccines.  You can come with her for translation - nothing much to translate.

the general forms and prices are attached here as a PDF for your information

- She is only 16 though so the process may also be different than for an adult

REQUIREMENT-PRICE CHANGE FOR JANUARY 2018.pdf

THANK YOU! This puts me at ease a little bit. It will be a little different for an adult but this helps quite a bit. 

Do you think we need to get the vaccination card translated? We are planning on getting his birth certificate and police clearance translated. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mozam said:

THANK YOU! This puts me at ease a little bit. It will be a little different for an adult but this helps quite a bit. 

Do you think we need to get the vaccination card translated? We are planning on getting his birth certificate and police clearance translated. 

I would just to be safe - I know a number of them have different names in portuguese and the Dr. may or may not know that.   and if in doubt he will re vaccinate 

Timeline

Welcome to a new week, everyone! Hoping we all see some more progress. 

Today we finally received our Packet 3 info after emailing them directly. They sent it to us within the hour. So, for anyone reading this in the future if you don't receive your packet within a few days and your case is marked "Ready" feel free to shoot them an email. 

I do have a question. I didn't see any information about send in a copy of the passport or anything. I thought I read something here that stated something about how we need to email them a copy of the passport info page or something. Am I making this up? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.