SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@LuFlolady how is everything going with you and your visajourney? Our wedding is Friday 7th at the Los Angeles Court House... Still trying to get used to the time difference here. I still sleep when SA sleeps, anywhere i am when it’s time for Africa to sleep i start sleeping. My fiancée finds it funny lol ☹️

@Vintage girl, Hello, you ready for your interview in 25 days?. Sending you bunches of goodluck...

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

7 hours ago, kemm360 said:

@LuFlolady how is everything going with you and your visajourney? Our wedding is Friday 7th at the Los Angeles Court House... Still trying to get used to the time difference here. I still sleep when SA sleeps, anywhere i am when it’s time for Africa to sleep i start sleeping. My fiancée finds it funny lol ☹️

@Vintage girl, Hello, you ready for your interview in 25 days?. Sending you bunches of goodluck...

Thanks for checking on me I finally got my hard copy of the RFE in the mail yesterday they say I didnt write when and how we first met so I'm going to send it back to them on Tuesday and hopefully get the infamous approval soon and prayerfully make the October interview dates..... Wow! Congrats on the wedding glad u are here and ur adjusting lol sleeping every and anywhere is funny try staying busy during th day so u wont fall asleep.....

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Timeline
2 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

Thanks for checking on me I finally got my hard copy of the RFE in the mail yesterday they say I didnt write when and how we first met so I'm going to send it back to them on Tuesday and hopefully get the infamous approval soon and prayerfully make the October interview dates..... Wow! Congrats on the wedding glad u are here and ur adjusting lol sleeping every and anywhere is funny try staying busy during th day so u wont fall asleep.....

Yes you’ll get the approval within 30 days of them receiving your reply. It shows someone is working on your petition. If there was no RFE it would have been an approval plus you’re blessed what they requested is not a big deal... They ask some people to get an alien eye before approval sometimes. Hang on there. Your time is now... 

Keep me posted... I love goodnews

I’ll soon install the new timezone fully in my body... 

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

All the best with the RFE. I pray for a approval very soon. Interview site opened up around the 10th of August after waiting 3 weeks for site to have availability for us to get a Sept interview. I really hope that you guys make the slot. Our NVC took a month after aproval and another 2 weeks for Embassy letter. We are now on 10 months since NOA1. And still 25 days till interview. I admit this is the hardest process ever for any couple. But don't loose hope, your turn will come. 

Edited by Vintage girl

Timeline
9 hours ago, kemm360 said:

Ah thank you. Yes, Im counting the days. Medical is coming up in a week and a half. 14th and 17th. I will stay over at the The Capital Empire hotel those days, Potchefstroom is a long way from JHB. Im ready for both the Medical and Interview appointments. Received my package from INS lawyer on Thursday. All documents wet signatures. I think Im set for the last mile and hope for some closure. I pray for a positive outcome. Gosh almost a year for this K1 process. 

Edited by Vintage girl

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

Ah thank you. Yes, Im counting the days. Medical is coming up in a week and a half. 14th and 17th. I will stay over at the The Capital Empire hotel those days, Potchefstroom is a long way from JHB. Im ready for both the Medical and Interview appointments. Received my package from INS lawyer on Thursday. All documents wet signatures. I think Im set for the last mile and hope for some closure. I pray for a positive outcome. Gosh almost a year for this K1 process. 

Don’t worry everything will go smoothly for you... Keep me posted. Goodluck to you...

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
Just now, kemm360 said:

Don’t worry everything will go smoothly for you... Keep me posted. Goodluck to you...

Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep you posted. Have a beautiful wedding. There is red tides now in Florida so we won't be able to have a beach wedding like we wanted. But we will figure it out. 

18 hours ago, kemm360 said:

Yes you’ll get the approval within 30 days of them receiving your reply. It shows someone is working on your petition. If there was no RFE it would have been an approval plus you’re blessed what they requested is not a big deal... They ask some people to get an alien eye before approval sometimes. Hang on there. Your time is now... 

Keep me posted... I love goodnews

I’ll soon install the new timezone fully in my body... 

I sure will keep u posted and yes someone is working on my case which is very good news and im so happy it is an easy fix.... I have also booked my trip to see my baby I can't wait to see him... 

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

18 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

All the best with the RFE. I pray for a approval very soon. Interview site opened up around the 10th of August after waiting 3 weeks for site to have availability for us to get a Sept interview. I really hope that you guys make the slot. Our NVC took a month after aproval and another 2 weeks for Embassy letter. We are now on 10 months since NOA1. And still 25 days till interview. I admit this is the hardest process ever for any couple. But don't loose hope, your turn will come. 

Thanks for the info! Thanks for the encouragement and we are praying that we make October interviews..... I have booked my ticket to go see him so I'm super excited about that this will be my 4th trip since we started the process in Jan. I will tell him the estimate date of the site opening. Do you know why it took so long at NVC? Good luck on ur interview can't wait to hear the good news

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

Thanks for the info! Thanks for the encouragement and we are praying that we make October interviews..... I have booked my ticket to go see him so I'm super excited about that this will be my 4th trip since we started the process in Jan. I will tell him the estimate date of the site opening. Do you know why it took so long at NVC? Good luck on ur interview can't wait to hear the good news

USCIS took 2 weeks to forward file, NVC took 2 weeks to assign case number, after case number another week. We waited another 2 weeks for embassy package via email. But the delay were in the appointment section. We missed July and Aug interviews so had to wait for Sept to open. Sept only have 2 days. 25th and 27th. We were really lucky to get the 27th in time. 

Edited by Vintage girl

2 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

USCIS took 2 weeks to forward file, NVC took 2 weeks to assign case number, after case number another week. We waited another 2 weeks for embassy package via email. But the delay were in the appointment section. We missed July and Aug interviews so had to wait for Sept to open. Sept only have 2 days. 25th and 27th. We were really lucky to get the 27th in time. 

Ok thanks for all the info.....

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline

Hey everyone!

We just received or NOA2 yesterday!

Soooooo excited!

I know we have a little bit before we get our case number from NVC, but I like to be prepared so any tips on what to do now until we receive the NVC case #? Anything we can get ready and out of the way for the rest of this journey?

Thank you!

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leah and Matt said:

Hey everyone!

We just received or NOA2 yesterday!

Soooooo excited!

I know we have a little bit before we get our case number from NVC, but I like to be prepared so any tips on what to do now until we receive the NVC case #? Anything we can get ready and out of the way for the rest of this journey?

Thank you!

Congratulations you guys. Its a big mile stone to receive your Notice. All advice I can give you is to have patience with the process. After NOA2 more wait awaits you. We received our NOA2 on the 18th June. We received our Case number 10 July and our case was send of to Embassy on the 16th July. We received our package from Embassy 2 weeks after that so we've missed the August interview slots. The interview dates only opened again on the 10th August so we were really lucky to book the 27th September. We missed the 25th due to credit card payment issues. All I can say is fill out your DS160 as soon as possible. After Embassy package received I pray you will have open slots. We are now on 10 months since NOA1 and still in process. On our interview we will reach 300 days. It was a long and difficult journey but its worth the wait. Prepare all documentation and make sure Police clearance is Valid. Unabridged Birth certificate very important. Letter of intend to marry to assure the officer nothing had changed during this time. Proof of relationship. Everything that you have will do.

I will keep you guys posted. My medical is in a weeks time and interview in 3 weeks. Good luck and stay strong.

Timeline

Hello all!

I was in the US on a student visa for 7 years until March 2018. Reaching out to see if anyone has lived in the US for 6 or more months and needed to get a police certificate from there or any other country they were living in previously ? OR Do I just need to get my South African police certificate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.