SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Ours took 18 days for NVC to receive the noa2 approval from USCIS. And two days after they received it (May 8th) we got a case number on (May 10). And it left NVC for Johannesburg 6 days later (May 16). It got here and ready the next day (May 17)... Then because it’s winter lol those big guys here made me wait 2 weeks before they contacted me on May 30th lol. I will say end July is out of your equation. Work strongly towards August or September because these people dates gets picked so freaking fast, we were approved on April 19 and interview is July 26th... There’s still medicals that i have to do on July 9th and July 12th. It’s always 2 weeks prior to interview. Overall you will get your VISA 😊

Not sure I have a very strong good feeling about our case the same feeling I had when waiting for our NOA2. But who knows. We can only wait and see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

Not sure I have a very strong good feeling about our case the same feeling I had when waiting for our NOA2. But who knows. We can only wait and see.

It can only get better... Goodluck 😉

And you can also call those NVC yourself they will attend to you

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Well, silence is a good sign too. Maybe you're right, she is overwhelmed by joy and busy to pack her bags. I believe it's a Yes!!!

Hi All, Sorry its taken me so long to get on here and let you know. My visa was approved but it didn't go as smoothly as I expected. 

In the end she said, "well I think I have everything, if everything is fine you will have your visa in 2 weeks".. I  replied with Does that mean its approved and she said yes. So all in all I think I have nothing to worry about and maybe I was expecting to much emotion form her, but it didn't give me any reassurance...am I worrying about nothing here?

Before I tell you how it went, some history, I worked in New Orleans for 2 years on a J1 visa and then changed my visa to a B2 tourist visa, this was approved and I spent another 5 months there travelling with my fiance.

I came back in June last year as per my visa date. 

yesterday, I arrived really early which was probably silly but I couldn't sit in the car any longer. Honestly it didn't get me further in the queue because there were 1pm interviews before me. In the end we were all lumped together regardless of your interview time. They use the Ipad to check you in by asking your name and you go through security. Don't take your laptop. They will keep personal belongings and phones but not lap tops. 

I went in and stood in a queue, where you are checked in again and given a number and then I had to sit in the court yard. After about 20 minutes, They called us in 3 people at a time. The first window, I was asked to give fingerprints, my appointment letter, my unabridged birth certificate and a copy, my police Clarence -no copy they keep the original and my proof of relationship .

I had my proof of relationship all organised in a binder with tabs and plastic sleeves only to be told it wouldn't fit in the little slot under the window, so I had to give her a selection of things from the binder. SO my suggestion is to have a binder but also a small package of photos, proof of wedding planning, a few chats combined together with a big paper clip, no plastic sleeves or files. 

She asked me a few general questions and then I was asked to sit back down. Not long after that I was called to the second window and my interview started. The lady was nice, I had to say an oath and then questions began.

Who petitioned for me to be here today? JM - My fiance

when did i meet him? 2015 November

Why were you there? I was an Au Pair. 

Did he ever come to south Africa? Yes, last october

When did you come back to south Africa? I came back in June

Then she looked at my support form and went thoroughly through his tax information, went through all my photos and said they were really nice. 

She asked about my J1 again, and I told her I was on a J1 and changed to B2, I have the document with me from the USCIS that says status was changed - She asked me if I was sure I changed to a B2, I said yes, would you like to see the document? She said there was no need to see it, she was just concerned as it didn't show up. 

Then she said, "it does show a denial for a B2?"I said yes, earlier this year, I had a week off from work and so did J and he wanted me to come visit. I applied for a tourist visa, but was told to wait for the K1. 

She said "that's fine. well I think I have everything, if everything is fine you will have your visa in 2 weeks".. I  replied with Does that mean its approved and she said yes.

I definitely think I proved my case with relationship to my fiance, there was no question there, it was just past USA visa history which seemed to be an issue but I was honest about everything. 

I guess I just have to wait and see now. You get a little note saying that the visa will be ready within 7-10 days and you will get an sms. 

I hope this gives you insight. If you are prepared and confident you will be fine. After the interview I had mixed emotions. Of course If its approved im over the moon, but after 8 months I wanted to hear " your visa is approved" from her mouth. Instead I got 'IF everything is fine, you will get your visa". 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, desireelb14 said:

Hi All, Sorry its taken me so long to get on here and let you know. My visa was approved but it didn't go as smoothly as I expected. 

In the end she said, "well I think I have everything, if everything is fine you will have your visa in 2 weeks".. I  replied with Does that mean its approved and she said yes. So all in all I think I have nothing to worry about and maybe I was expecting to much emotion form her, but it didn't give me any reassurance...am I worrying about nothing here?

Before I tell you how it went, some history, I worked in New Orleans for 2 years on a J1 visa and then changed my visa to a B2 tourist visa, this was approved and I spent another 5 months there travelling with my fiance.

yesterday, I arrived really early which was probably silly but I couldn't sit in the car any longer. Honestly it didn't get me further in the queue because there were 1pm interviews before me. In the end we were all lumped together regardless of your interview time. They use the Ipad to check you in by asking your name and you go through security. Don't take your laptop. They will keep personal belongings and phones but not lap tops. 

I went in and stood in a queue, where you are checked in again and given a number and then I had to sit in the court yard. After about 20 minutes, They called us in 3 people at a time. The first window, I was asked to give fingerprints, my appointment letter, my unabridged birth certificate and a copy, my police Clarence -no copy they keep the original and my proof of relationship .

I had my proof of relationship all organised in a binder with tabs and plastic sleeves only to be told it wouldn't fit in the little slot under the window, so I had to give her a selection of things from the binder. SO my suggestion is to have a binder but also a small package of photos, proof of wedding planning, a few chats combined together with a big paper clip, no plastic sleeves or files. 

She asked me a few general questions and then I was asked to sit back down. Not long after that I was called to the second window and my interview started. The lady was nice, I had to say an oath and then questions began.

Then she looked at my support form and went thoroughly through his tax information, went through all my photos and said they were really nice. 

She asked about my J1 again, and I told her I was on a J1 and changed to B2, I have the document with me from the USCIS that says status was changed - She asked me if I was sure I changed to a B2, I said yes, would you like to see the document? She said there was no need to see it, she was just concerned as it didn't show up. 

Then she said, "it does show a denial for a B2?"I said yes, earlier this year, I had a week off from work and so did J and he wanted me to come visit. I applied for a tourist visa, but was told to wait for the K1. 

She said "that's fine. well I think I have everything, if everything is fine you will have your visa in 2 weeks".. I  replied with Does that mean its approved and she said yes.

I definitely think I proved my case with relationship to my fiance, there was no question there, it was just past USA visa history which seemed to be an issue but I was honest about everything. 

I guess I just have to wait and see now. You get a little note saying that the visa will be ready within 7-10 days and you will get an sms. 

I hope this gives you insight. If you are prepared and confident you will be fine. After the interview I had mixed emotions. Of course If its approved im over the moon, but after 8 months I wanted to hear " your visa is approved" from her mouth. Instead I got 'IF everything is fine, you will get your visa". 

Hi girl, shame. It's over now. Now your life start and that is the only thing that matters. Congrats. I knew you will be fine. So happy for you.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

Hi girl, shame. It's over now. Now your life start and that is the only thing that matters. Congrats. I knew you will be fine. So happy for you.

Yes, I definitely, I went out today and bought matching luggage to celebrate.:D

Thank you all for the support and messages. Really appreciated all the information's and good luck messages. When I get the passport back with visa I shall let you know. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, desireelb14 said:

Yes, I definitely, I went out today and bought matching luggage to celebrate.:D

Thank you all for the support and messages. Really appreciated all the information's and good luck messages. When I get the passport back with visa I shall let you know. 

Yes keep track of that timeline. I try to estimate the days in between everything. But of course everyone's journey is different. Will keep you posted on my side too. Good luck and go Celebrate girl you deserve it !!!! :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, desireelb14 said:

Congratulations. You got that visa. If you check here on VJ you’ll see a lot of people getting that same response it’s nothing to worry about, if it was otherwise she would have said it straight up. Don’t worry you will get it, please tell us when you get your visa in hand. Thanks for the feedback and congratulations once again. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline

Hi Everyone, @kemm360 @Vintage girl

I have my VISA in hand. 

On Friday - The day after the interview- the status update was 'Administrative Processing" which almost gave me a heart attack as she said approved. But Once I looked it up, its the wording they use for getting the visa and package ready. If it sent to admin processing, they tell you in the interview.

On the following Monday, it changed to Issued and the next day I received an email saying it was ready to be picked up at Sandton DHL. I went straight away and I have it in my hand. 

Keep pushing Saffa friends. The prize is within arms reach. 

Edited by desireelb14

Timeline
3 minutes ago, desireelb14 said:

I have my VISA in hand. 

On Friday - The day after the interview- the status update was 'Administrative Processing" which almost gave me a heart attack as she said approved. But Once I looked it up, its the wording they use for getting the visa and package ready. If it sent to admin processing, they tell you in the interview.

On the following Monday, it changed to Issued and the next day I received an email saying it was ready to be picked up at Sandton DHL. I went straight away and I have it in my hand. 

Best news ever. Go enjoy your new life. Have a safe trip!!! Super happy with you. :)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, desireelb14 said:

I have my VISA in hand. 

Congratulations. You really deserve it. Thanks for sharing again. Good luck on your new life... It was definitely worth it... Few more days to go for my own interview... 😊

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
Just now, kemm360 said:

Congratulations. You really deserve it. Thanks for sharing again. Good luck on your new life... It was definitely worth it... Few more days to go for my own interview... 😊

I cant wait for you to let us know the news. Thanks All. I fly out 18th July. xxx

Timeline
Just now, desireelb14 said:

I cant wait for you to let us know the news. Thanks All. I fly out 18th July. xxx

Will definitely let y’all know... Safe journey and say hello to Trump for us 😊

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Will definitely let y’all know... Safe journey and say hello to Trump for us 😊

Haha, sure will do. Our favorite guy. xx

1 hour ago, desireelb14 said:

I have my VISA in hand. 

congrats! great news!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Timeline

Guys Guess what??? We got the Case Number Yeahh!!!!!

I told you I have a good feeling about this. Now I hope and Pray for a July interview opening.

Our Lawyer will do the rest from here. Please pray with me...

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.