SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, LuFlolady said:

hey my friends I am just checking on you guys @Vintage girl have u gotten ur case number has ur case reached the NVC? @kemm360 how are u? are u ready for the interview?

Oh yes @LuFlolady everything is set. Interview is in 29 days... By the way @desireelb14 is having her interview tomorrow. She’s one of us here... Wishing her good luck... 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
54 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Oh yes @LuFlolady everything is set. Interview is in 29 days... By the way @desireelb14 is having her interview tomorrow. She’s one of us here... Wishing her good luck... 

Quick random question based on your signature, you had to wait 9 months to get your NOA2 from your NOA1?:blink:

Edited by Rocko20

1 hour ago, kemm360 said:

glad to hear all is well..... 29 days that will go by fast...... and good luck @desireelb14

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rocko20 said:

Quick random question based on your signature, you had to wait 9 months to get your NOA2 from your NOA1?:blink:

Yes @Rocko20 we had to wait that long. No request for evidence or nothing. Whenever we called them we were always told to wait. I remember waiting for 45 days twice and the last 30 days we were told to wait that a supervisor has requested to review it and we got approved in 16 days of that 30 days wait... It was a crazy wait, my heart was ripping apart but glad it’s all past now... We were told it’s not the normal processing time though that it occurs once in a while for foreign beneficiaries applicants when they can’t pull enough informations about the foreign beneficiary background 

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
4 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

hey my friends I am just checking on you guys @Vintage girl have u gotten ur case number has ur case reached the NVC? @kemm360 how are u? are u ready for the interview?

No case number yet. My fiance will call on Friday. We are on day 9 after our approval. Will see on Friday if there is any news. I haven't received any emails yet from NVC. I am currently busy getting together our proof of relationship. The Lawyer also. We can only proceed once we get the case number. Will keep you posted.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rocko20 said:

yes unfortunately it's a long wait before everything is done. We waited 187 days for our NOA2. Some people are not so lucky. I know couples who waited 10 months for approval. But hey it's a journey and if you really love your fiance you will make it through.

8 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

No case number yet. My fiance will call on Friday. We are on day 9 after our approval. Will see on Friday if there is any news. I haven't received any emails yet from NVC. I am currently busy getting together our proof of relationship. The Lawyer also. We can only proceed once we get the case number. Will keep you posted.

ok great! was just checking on you pls keep us posted.... 

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
14 hours ago, kemm360 said:

Yes @Rocko20 we had to wait that long. No request for evidence or nothing. Whenever we called them we were always told to wait. I remember waiting for 45 days twice and the last 30 days we were told to wait that a supervisor has requested to review it and we got approved in 16 days of that 30 days wait... It was a crazy wait, my heart was ripping apart but glad it’s all past now... We were told it’s not the normal processing time though that it occurs once in a while for foreign beneficiaries applicants when they can’t pull enough informations about the foreign beneficiary background 

Wow, good on you and your spouse for making it through that tough time. I’m at 225 days right now waiting for the NO2, already called to make a service inquiry as well as contacted my congressmen to submit another inquiry.

I can’t really complain after reading your story. Congrats again on getting through it!

Edited by Rocko20

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

Wow, good on you and your spouse for making it through that tough time. I’m at 225 days right now waiting for the NO2, already called to make a service inquiry as well as contacted my congressmen to submit another inquiry.

I can’t really complain after reading your story. Congrats again on getting through it!

Don’t worry it will come through pretty soon... Everything is working in your favor if you know what i mean 😉

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
23 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Any news on Desiree. Can't wait to hear that they are approved at the interview. Gosh why does NVC take so long. It's 10 days already.

I haven’t heard from her yet too. Maybe she is partying and she forgot about us lol Have you gotten your case number? 

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
Just now, kemm360 said:

I haven’t heard from her yet too. Maybe she is partying and she forgot about us lol 

Well, silence is a good sign too. Maybe you're right, she is overwhelmed by joy and busy to pack her bags. I believe it's a Yes!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vintage girl said:

Well, silence is a good sign too. Maybe you're right, she is overwhelmed by joy and busy to pack her bags. I believe it's a Yes!!!

Do you have your case number yet? 

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
Just now, kemm360 said:

Do you have your case number yet? 

My fiance will call today. It's still early there so he will call as soon as he wake up and get his day going at the office. We have a 6hours time difference. I hope to get news soon. We are on day 12 since our NOA2. Maybe next week. I really hope that we can get a interview date end JULY but lets play it by ear. There is still time.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

My fiance will call today. It's still early there so he will call as soon as he wake up and get his day going at the office. We have a 6hours time difference. I hope to get news soon. We are on day 12 since our NOA2. Maybe next week. I really hope that we can get a interview date end JULY but lets play it by ear. There is still time.

Ours took 18 days for NVC to receive the noa2 approval from USCIS. And two days after they received it (May 8th) we got a case number on (May 10). And it left NVC for Johannesburg 6 days later (May 16). It got here and ready the next day (May 17)... Then because it’s winter lol those big guys here made me wait 2 weeks before they contacted me on May 30th lol. I will say end July is out of your equation. Work strongly towards August or September because these people dates gets picked so freaking fast, we were approved on April 19 and interview is July 26th... There’s still medicals that i have to do on July 9th and July 12th. It’s always 2 weeks prior to interview. Overall you will get your VISA 😊

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.