SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,805 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, KyleB22 said:

Has anyone got any tips or tricks for cheaper flights to the US? one way or return? 

When we were looking at flights it was cheaper to book one way.....

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
21 hours ago, KyleB22 said:

Has anyone got any tips or tricks for cheaper flights to the US? one way or return? 

Hey @KyleB22 - your best bet for SA -> USA tickets is check out www.cheapflights.co.za or the Cheapflights app. Then get the best deals, and compare with the prices on the carrier's site directly (such as Emirates) - and be sure to carefully read through the fine print, sometimes the price is lower on Cheapflights via a 3rd party such as eDreams etc, but there's a catch such as a card payment fee or no luggage included in the fee etc. In my experience from SA to USA your best bet is one of the layover carriers such as Emirates / Qatar but from the USA to SA there are more direct flight options. Best of luck 👍

Timeline

is it wise/ advisable to submit your D-160 application before the embassy receives your case? just looking into the options available and preparing as best I can before everything gets busy again 

TIA

Timeline

For those who already had their interviews, is it necessary for my Fiance to send the copies she made of the I-129F she filed in the US? do I include it in my interview parcel? 

Collected birth cert after 7 weeks wait FYI, all i'm waiting for now is case number from NVC then the ball will get rolling again. 

Thanks 

Timeline

How long does one stay in Admin. Processing if at interview in South Africa, JHB they need to send in tax stuff? I sent it in today, now wondering how long ill wait before they approve and post my passport and visa! ANyone been here?

6 minutes ago, KyleB22 said:

Do the photo copies we bring to the interview have to be certified? 

no

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

On 5/18/2019 at 6:11 AM, KyleB22 said:

is it wise/ advisable to submit your D-160 application before the embassy receives your case? just looking into the options available and preparing as best I can before everything gets busy again 

TIA

You can start the DS160 now if you like... you can always go back to it and finish.... I would adviswe you do it now

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline
10 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

You can start the DS160 now if you like... you can always go back to it and finish.... I would adviswe you do it now

Thanks, I've already have the application confirmation, I'm just waiting for the next step from NVC (case number etc) I have all supporting docs prepared and ready to send off, does anyone know what dates are being taken up at the JHB Consulate for interviews? 

Timeline

Has anyone from SA been put in Administrative Processing for missing tax transcripts at interview? How long did it take to change to Issued? 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Beyond excited this is finally happening - all the tickets there are booked - tickets for myself and step daughter booked back to joburg - managed to get an amazing deal (53% off!) on a very nice apartment literally next to the consulate.  

Organizing my documents now 

Here is my check list

Beneficiary 

1. 2x Copies of passport page for medical exam

2. 4x passport photos SA Size (Is there somewhere in Sandton city mall that will do this for us?   And will they be open on Saturday / Sunday?)

3. Vaccination card / Med History Card

4. Original and Copy of Long form Birth Certificate with certified translation

5. Original and copy of Police Certificate with certified translation

6. Original and copy of Parental Consent Affidavit from biological father for immigrating to US and allowance to travel with me, step father / petitioner - as well as allowance to provide medical decisions - this includes copies of his national ID card - all of which has been notarized by the civil registry 

7. Same as above for mother 

8. DS-260 and confirmation page

Petitioner

1. I-864

2. 4 years of Tax transcripts

3. Last 6 months of paystubs from employer

4. Original and Copy of Letter from employer confirming current employment and salary 

5. copies of photos together with beneficiary as well as western union transaction receipts for money sent to beneficiary while living in Mozambique

6. Original and Copies Long form marriage certificate of myself and beneficiaries mother with certified translation

7. I-130 Package

a. I-130 Cover letter

b. I-130 application

c. Beneficiary Birth Certificate with certified translation

d. Petitioner and Beneficiaries mothers marriage certificate with certified translation

e. Copy Petitioners Passport

f. G-1145 e-Notification page

8. Copies of all communications with USCIS, NVC and Consulate

What am I missing? 

At my sons interview they only asked for the original documents and I-864 then for him all the medical reports,birth certificate and just asked him if he is ready to come to US and said congrats....I’m currently here to pick him up and leaving tomorrow from OR ...all the best with your interview

Timeline

Hi all

I need help.. My visa interview date is on 6 June 2019 (next week). Unfortunately I do not have my unabridged birth certificate yet. I slipped up with this (I assumed my old form birth certificate was adequate) and applied too late, so will have to wait a few weeks for this. Should I still go for my interview next week or rather postpone the interview date? Would the embassy be lenient if I show up without my unabridged birth certificate (I have the short form birth certificate) and possibly ask me to send it through when I have it in hand, or will it be better if I change my date to end July and be sure I have my birth certificate by that time? I emailed the embassy to enquire about my situation, but I have not heard back from them and it has been three business days now. I have 4 police clearance certificates from countries I lived in. The first one of these expires 30 July, so I kind of have a time contraint for my interview date.

Thank you, I will be so thankful if anyone has advice!!

Timeline
8 hours ago, RenC said:

Hi all

I need help.. My visa interview date is on 6 June 2019 (next week). Unfortunately I do not have my unabridged birth certificate yet. I slipped up with this (I assumed my old form birth certificate was adequate) and applied too late, so will have to wait a few weeks for this. Should I still go for my interview next week or rather postpone the interview date? Would the embassy be lenient if I show up without my unabridged birth certificate (I have the short form birth certificate) and possibly ask me to send it through when I have it in hand, or will it be better if I change my date to end July and be sure I have my birth certificate by that time? I emailed the embassy to enquire about my situation, but I have not heard back from them and it has been three business days now. I have 4 police clearance certificates from countries I lived in. The first one of these expires 30 July, so I kind of have a time contraint for my interview date.

Thank you, I will be so thankful if anyone has advice!!

The best you can do now, if you have the extra cash, is use someone like passports 4 u, they can expedite the processing, I waited 7 weeks for mine from Edenvale office and they printed it on the spot (I suppose head office in PTA verifies the info) I know some members didn't have tax transcripts or police clearance yet and were placed in AP until the sent through the documents and still got their visas, may try mailing the embassy and explaining your situation? 

I also made that assumption, fortunately I was able to get all my docs ready by now. Wish you all the best and a successful interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.