arwensun1965

Police Certificates

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

Mine and Alarna's police certificates came today, I was getting a wee bit worried because as most know I sent all the information and a Cheque on the 5th March 2007, so it was more then 40 days for the certificates to come back.

Both are clear, Alarna and I have never been in trouble with the law so I knew nothing should of been out of the ordinary, so I would suggest that if you have not got one to apply for one now, they are valid for one year.

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice, Janice! Ours came in record time (10 days) but that certainly is NOT the norm. Better to be safe than sorry!

I STILL say the visa gods got it wrong there, tha NOA2 took FOREVER and the police cert no time at all!

Mine took forEVER.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Aww thanks Janice!! :) I really don't have any worries about the interview - seems like just another step in the process now.

I know you guys have been through quite a bit too. Here's hoping we both have swift journeys from here on out! :thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Aww thanks Janice!! :) I really don't have any worries about the interview - seems like just another step in the process now.

I know you guys have been through quite a bit too. Here's hoping we both have swift journeys from here on out! :thumbs:

I have Merseyside police sending me a form out so should get it in Wednesdays post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am expecting Mylene's police clearance from japan to take 2 to 3 months to be returned, and we couldn't even file for it until the paperwork made it to her embassy .. ugh, she sent off for it last week

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I just got my Police certificate back today, took 31 days :)

Dawn.

Dawny(UK) and Tommy(South Carolina) The Journey Begins!!

- January 17, 2007 - Sent I-129F

- January 23, 2007 - I-129F received at TSC!

- January 30, 2007 - NOA1 sent!

- February 1, 2007 - Touched!

- February 2, 2007 - Cheque cashed by CSC!

- February 5, 2007 - Tommy received NOA1 (Hard copy!) Yay!

- April 5, 2007 - Tommy is coming to me for 12 days yay!! :)

- Impatiently waiting!

- April 27, 2007 - NOA2!! :)

- April 28, 2007 - Touched, oh my!

- May 11, 2007 - NVC receives our stuffs :)

- May 15, 2007 - NVC Sends our stuffs to London, yay! :)

- May 29, 2007 - Packet 3 received.

- June 7 , 2007 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

- July 11, 2007 - Received Packet 4.

- August 16, 2007 - Interview at 10AM :)

- March 19, 2008 - Court allows permission to take my daughter to live in the US! :)

- March 31, 2008 - Sent Passports and documents to the Embassy. Waiting for Visas...

- April 10, 2008 - Visas in hand!!! Omgosh!!

- June 23, 2008 - Going home to my man, finally :) POE (ATL)

- 08-08-08 - Wedding :)

- 08-21-10 - 2 year Green Card received! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is there a thread that sorta gives people an idea of how long the Police Cert's in the UK are taking, overall?

So far we've been waiting well over 2 weeks now..probably inching towards three weeks, but I'm not sure exactly when Craig mailed away for them. I'm a little ticked that the police told him they take like 10 - 20 days max, when I can see from reading here they generally take much longer!!

Anyway, he's had his medical and all, we're just waiting on those damned certificates so we can apply for his interview date.

Feb. 12, 2007 Application for I129F Rec'd by VSC.

Feb. 13, 2007 NOA1 Sent advising check was rec'd.

Mar. 1, 2007 Email stating NOA2 was hard copy sent to me.

Mar. 7, 2007 Hard Copy NOA2 arrived safely to me!

Mar. 8, 2007 *Touched* by London Consulate

Mar. 19, 2007 Craig Rec'd Packet 3

April 13 - April 22nd joining my guy in the UK for a much needed week of R&R!

April 27, 2007 Medical was successful.

May 16, 2007 Police Certificates finally arrive safely.

May 17, 2007 Checklist mailed to Consolute in London!!

May 30, 2007 Packet 4 Rec'd.

June 21, 2007 INTERVIEW DATE

June 23, 2007 VISA IN HAND!

July 21, 2007 Arrived in USA! Together at last.

Aug. 7, 2007 MARRIED!!

Aug. 21, 2007 Mailed off AOS & EAD Application (along with a whopping 1010.00!!)

Aug. 22, 2007 Application is signed for at the Chicago Lockbox.

"Bring on the battle for AOS!"

Filed: Timeline
Is there a thread that sorta gives people an idea of how long the Police Cert's in the UK are taking, overall?

So far we've been waiting well over 2 weeks now..probably inching towards three weeks, but I'm not sure exactly when Craig mailed away for them. I'm a little ticked that the police told him they take like 10 - 20 days max, when I can see from reading here they generally take much longer!!

Around 40 days.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ice+certificate

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyway, he's had his medical and all, we're just waiting on those damned certificates so we can apply for his interview date.

On the official forms it does say that it takes 40 days, or it used to at least! ;)

Ha - Dan went to his local police station and told them what he needed. They gave him the wrong form to fill out - sooo about 2 weeks later he got a reply that what they requested was not what he was wanting and to go back and request form (don't remember what it was). Finally, they got it off to Scotland Yard to get the right thing. Now we're just waiting on it. That was about a week and a half ago. Guess that makes us nearly 3 weeks in the wait, but 2 could have been avoided! Oh well - no big deal - don't even have our NOA2 yet, just wanted to get a jump on things.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

That is why it is best to have everything in Advance, all you little ducks in a row so to speak :thumbs:

That's what we're hoping for...just hope there aren't any more little snags once the ball gets rolling!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.