jg121783

Florida Gov. Rick Scott Calls On FBI Director to Resign for Failing to Investigate Tip

45 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Switzerland has less restrictive gun laws than we do and they don't have school shootings. So what's your point?

Fact: Switzerland has strict gun control laws.

Myth: Switzerland proves that high gun-ownership doesn't  increase murder.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-switzerland.htm

21 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Yeah.  Why don’t we arm pilots in airplanes?  Then we would never have another 9/11 again!

Thank you for making my point for me.

24 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

From Wiki:

”Switzerland thus has a relatively high gun ownership rate. There are no official statistics, and estimates vary considerably. The Small Arms Survey of 2016 placed Swiss gun ownership per capita at 24.45%.[5]

In 2016, the defence ministry estimated that 2 million privately owned guns are in circulation, which given a population of 8.3 million corresponds to a gun ownership rate of around 24 guns per 100 residents.[6] This is roughly a quarter of the rate in the United States, and lower than that in the neighbouring countries of Germany, and Austria, but about the double of Italy and France.[5]

Traditionally liberal Swiss gun legislation has, however, been somewhat tightened in 2008, when Switzerland has complied with European Firearms Directive.[7] Throughout the modern political history of Switzerland, there have been advocates for tighter gun control.[8]

The most recent suggestion for tighter gun control was rejected in a popular referendum in February 2011.[9]” 

From Time:

Even though Switzerland has not been involved in an armed conflict since a standoff between Catholics and Protestants in 1847, the Swiss are very serious not only about their right to own weapons but also to carry them around in public. Because of this general acceptance and even pride in gun ownership, nobody bats an eye at the sight of a civilian riding a bus, bike or motorcycle to the shooting range, with a rifle slung across the shoulder.”

More cherry picking, I see.  Why don't you post the info a bit farther down in your Wiki link?

1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Its unfortunate. Most low and mid level FBI agents are good people who do good work when they are allowed to. But the upper management of the FBI is filled with a bunch of political hacks who think it's more important to investigate whether Trump had Russian dressing on his salad last night than it is to investigate a potential school shooter.

The only "political hack" at the FBI is the Director.  No other FBI job is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

30 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Its funny. Liberals won't trust pilots with a gun but they trust them with a plane that could do far more damage than a gun. That's liberal logic for you.

I must be reading fake news. I didn't realize that Douglas High School was attacked by a plane. When did Nikolas Cruz get his pilot's license?  

Filed: Timeline
29 minutes ago, Tahoma said:

More cherry picking, I see.  Why don't you post the info a bit farther down in your Wiki link?

Because we are not supposed to do that, according to the TOS.  And I assumed everyone knows what Wiki is, so I did not post a link.  It’s all there for the reading.

24 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Because we are not supposed to do that, according to the TOS.  And I assumed everyone knows what Wiki is, so I did not post a link.  It’s all there for the reading.

You failed to post the relevant information which disputes your claim.  You didn't have to post the entire page to do so.

1 hour ago, Tahoma said:

I must be reading fake news. I didn't realize that Douglas High School was attacked by a plane. When did Nikolas Cruz get his pilot's license?  

I don't know what your reading because you are trying to tie my point to something I wasn't even talking about in that comment.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

9 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I don't know what your reading because you are trying to tie my point to something I wasn't even talking about in that comment.

You are the one who brought up planes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tahoma said:

Fact: Switzerland has strict gun control laws.

Myth: Switzerland proves that high gun-ownership doesn't  increase murder.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-switzerland.htm

Lol yes do you know how the gun ownership works in Switzerland ? 

Yes they have different and obviously tougher gun laws then the USA (depending on the state) but every male has to serve in the military where afterwards they can keep an ASSAULT RIFLE (BANNED IN USA FOR PRIVAT OWNERSHIP) at home. So it doesn't prevent anyone from going on a shooting and doing the same thing. Also most have access to those guns from there older brothers at home or friends and family. 

Comparing switzerland to the USA is like comparing us with scandinavian countries (crazy bernie). The whole system is completely differently set up and the size, population and structure of the government are completely different. You have a welfare system there with a 50 percent income tax rate that funds all these health care systems etc.

Switzerland is probably the safest most peaceful countries in the world. The country in itself is very rich (banks)and small with low population. Mental health facilities are free and plenty and as soon as there is someone on the radar the authorities can trace those leads resulting in little to no terrorist attacks for example.

There were plenty of signs from this shooter ( posting on youtube that he will be the next shooter ) but someone in the FBI did not act on those. Also local authorities in florida had him on the radar for very long time. Guns dont magically pick themselves up and shoot. This kid was a sicko in the head and the system failed badly. I carry my gun open like most people where I live. Does this mean because of some mentally disturbed kid in florida I should give up my guns? what kind of logic is that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

RED FLAGS: Cops Sent to FLORIDA GUNMAN’S Home 39 Times Since 2010

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/red-flags-cops-sent-to-florida-gunmans-home-39-times-since-2010/

So explain to me what the problem here was, guns or failed law enforcement that could have prevented this easily ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
7 hours ago, Tahoma said:

What could an FBI or local law enforcement investigation have done to prevent the shooting?  

There was enough witness and digital evidence to secure a warrant. I suspect a journal or other material would have been found in his room to secure an arrest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** closed for review ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread has been reopened.  Inflammatory posts have been removed and administrative action applied.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).