mahikhan

Marriage- Fraud-Stuck in a confusing position

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Moving to Major Effects, from US Citizenship General discussion. - Yes there is no longer a immigration issue as the OP's soon to be Ex has been denied after the interview.It is still the most appropriate forum for this discussion.~~

~~One post removed as it serves no purpose other then to upset the OP. If you cannot stick to answering her questions do not post.~~

I appreciate your concern:) 

13 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

the dowery may be enforced by the divorce court if you have a good lawyer but remember  you agreed to the support order to finacee him

some  states do have a one year seperation rule before granting a divorce / check that with your lawyer to see if that is the divorce hold

upunforunately marriage is not garanteed and to enter one without love just makes it harder

go thru with the divorce (don't let him convince you to continue this farce so he can get the green card as he will get it then divorce)

after divorce ,  move on / their are good men out there and as you say you are willingip ) and then have him leave

sorry for you unhappiness

be strong and forget and good luck

Apprecaite your kind advice:) i added a new msg to my post, my dowery is enforcable thats what my lawyer said since i have a valid contract i made before my marriage with him which was my father's idea I agreed apon. The thing is i just want my ex to get in trouble and i dont want him to stay here in America because of me because it will hurt me the rest of my life knowing that someone used me.

Edited by mahikhan

3 hours ago, bad4tatt said:

Just be a and track him down. Did you know adultery is still illegal in FLA? Be a raging and have him charged if you still have the proof. It's a misdemeanor but you can still make his life here miserable if he tries the abuse route lol

I appreciate your concern, read my added quote! ty!

An attorney is incentivized to claim that the contract is enforceable. It may or may not be....a judge will determine that aspect unless he agrees to it on his own.

His immigration status is his business now. You don't get to do anything about it. You've reported the info you do have....it's time to move on. If they decide to take action or not, that's their call.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That is not your call, you do not get to deport him, if every disappointed spouse had that option they would have to build a lot more Airports.

I understand that i dont get him deported, its the GOVERNMENT, i understand but YES if he did marriage fraud than he it should happen if the.Marriage fraud is illeagal, if the government finds out that he has done it , then yes he has the right to be deported,Yes, its not in my hands of course, but if he is found guilty of doing so that should happen to him. Marriage fraud is a crime. If something like happens to anyone of your family of you , GOD forbid , it hurts. No its not murder, No its not rape,. but its playing with someone's feelings and yes i have proof. I am not telling you what is right or wrong in deporting , I know i have no right but thats the government decision, Yes i will take every step if i have to since its my life and my choices:) 

Yes, he used my passport and my birthcertificate, and my married me to get here. He used my status to get here. So why should not i take action? Only I and only i can make that decision and choice whether its right nor wrong but i know morallity what is best for me. no one can tell me what I should do or have the right to do! ~thankyou!~

Edited by mahikhan

8 minutes ago, geowrian said:

An attorney is incentivized to claim that the contract is enforceable. It may or may not be....a judge will determine that aspect unless he agrees to it on his own.

His immigration status is his business now. You don't get to do anything about it. You've reported the info you do have....it's time to move on. If they decide to take action or not, that's their call.

I understand that i dont get him deported, its the GOVERNMENT, i understand but YES if he did marriage fraud than he has the right to do that.Marriage fraud is illeagal, if the government finds out that he has done it , then yes he has the right to be deported, Yes, its not in my hands of course, but if he is found guilty of doing so that should happen to him. Marriage fraud is a crime. If something like happens to anyone of your family of you , GOD forbid , it hurts. No its not murder, No its not rape,. but its playing with someone's feelings and yes i have proof. I am not telling you what is right or wrong in deporting , I know i have no right but thats the government decision, Yes i will take every step if i have to since its my life and my choices:) 

Yes, he used my passport and my birthcertificate, and my married me to get here. He used my status to get here. So why should i take action? 

What I'm saying is there's nothing else to do at this point regarding his status. It's all in his and DHS's hands now. Unless there is additional material and substantiated evidence of fraud to present, the only thing to do is finish the divorce and move on.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

What I'm saying is there's nothing else to do at this point regarding his status. It's all in his and DHS's hands now. Unless there is additional material and substantiated evidence of fraud to present, the only thing to do is finish the divorce and move on.

There is a proof evidence i have mentioned in my previous statements, i have not share it yet to the government yet. Its a big and good proof but i am scared if GOD forbid anything turns upside down. I am 100 percent confident that karma will hit him soon and i am sure i didnt do anything to hurt him. I always loved him into pieces but it hurts when you love someone and someone hurts you this miserabley thinking that USA is everything. During my marriage, i was observing him where he was more concerned about his career than my emotions, he would give his family more time  which were here in Usa more recently ( due to greencard-none of his parents and his brothers were usa citizens,. maybe greencard-residents) who were married with USA citizen.It was truly not a good marriage faith from his intentions because of so many arguments he had done. ... I have my faith towards GOD and i know that karma will be taken soon:) 

12 minutes ago, mahikhan said:

There is a proof evidence i have mentioned in my previous statements, i have not share it yet to the government yet. Its a big and good proof but i am scared if GOD forbid anything turns upside down. I am 100 percent confident that karma will hit him soon and i am sure i didnt do anything to hurt him. I always loved him into pieces but it hurts when you love someone and someone hurts you this miserabley thinking that USA is everything. During my marriage, i was observing him where he was more concerned about his career than my emotions, he would give his family more time  which were here in Usa more recently ( due to greencard-none of his parents and his brothers were usa citizens,. maybe greencard-residents) who were married with USA citizen.It was truly not a good marriage faith from his intentions because of so many arguments he had done. ... I have my faith towards GOD and i know that karma will be taken soon:) 

Even if you have tons of evidence it is the government that decides if they want to take action. They could receive and review your evidence then say it is not worth it to go after him right now.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Even if you have tons of evidence it is the government that decides if they want to take action. They could receive and review your evidence then say it is not worth it to go after him right now.

I assumed Marriage Fraud is a civil issue, it is a form of contract?

The usual issue discussed here is Immigration Fraud but he never went thought, got a GC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
47 minutes ago, geowrian said:

there's nothing else to do at this point regarding his status. It's all in his and DHS's hands now. Unless there is additional material and substantiated evidence of fraud to present, the only thing to do is finish the divorce and move on.

The above is accurate in this situation.  Because all possible immigration advice has been offered, this thread is now closed and is not to be reopened or referred to elsewhere.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.