mahikhan

Marriage- Fraud-Stuck in a confusing position

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey, I am new to the site.

(NO RACISM) PLEASE!

I was born a USA citizen female(parents Pakistani nationality) was arranged a marriage by a stepmother who chose this Pakistani man by the family which I chose to say yes was convinced thinking he was ''the one'' since he faking being a good boy with his fake promises and fake smiles.I had seen him once on skype and also went to Pakistan to see him and spoke to him.I agreed and he agreed forcefully by his parents (i found out during marriage) never knew for sure. So he came from Pakistan to the USA(was in airforce of Pak) came here by work visa dun know exactly from what visa, left his job to marry me( how romantic -sarcasm). , He did court marriage with me and the other religious commitment as well. i start off to live with his family  (joint) in USA (texas) which was 1000 miles away from my hometown.As soon as we married, He was doing his papers (green card papers) of course, he paid himself n used my information n documents with my knowledge of course. His bros would advise him since they were here first married to usa citizen ladies themselves. ( me n ex) We had arguments sometimes, n his attitude was changing alot where i feel like he was faking to love me the more we got close to greencard interview.His family was showing their real colors and they didnt acept me for who i was even though they agreed but their hearts didnt accept me for who i was just time passing or dealing with for ahcheiving something. He didnt get well along with my family either. Then we finally started living together alone with eacheother in FLORIDA, I did so much for this guy, cooked cleaned showed affection 100 percent as much as i could and looked pretty for him. I know i made mistakes at times but would makeup automatically and would get mad because i got jealous when he complimented girls to me or chatted with his female friends with me which he did once or twice where i got jealous . One day i looked in his phone , i got a chance when we went to TX to visit his family saw girls msgs. I confronted him and helf this in my heart for few days.We argued and i was mad at him, He abused me right before our greencard  interview,(one week) so i called home which caused turmoil. I came home to my  family, he  would called my home to get me back to come back to him and tried  to fix it but caused it to become worst for about two months but gave up and the times he called he would argue with my family and his family said bad things about me.Alot of drama had occured.  So his greencard declined which i checked our status which I had to force him to give our case number and checked online.So he filed divorce 3 months later n within few days after the declination of green card  he spread the news that he was going to leave me because he  said he was fed up with "false lies " that  I was spreading. I never spread false lies. they were all real. I told my family i caught him with girls' msgs which was true. So he filed divorce, i also report him to ICE when, nothing has happened yet.He is still here in USA, Its been a year ever since he filed a divorce. I been fighting for dowery which he owes to me, which he agreed on signing to pay me certain debts on me if he divorces me( this was made one day b4 our marriage). So i hired my attorney which is helping me do all this for a year.Been waiting. What should i do any ideas? Did i do something wrong or should i done something better? should i hire an imigration lawyer. Jus tto let u know i dont work right now, i am still studying to finish my degree. 

There's not really do anything to do but continue the divorce. You reported the case to ICE already, so if they choose to pursue it then they will do so using whatever evidence you presented to them. They are unlikely to act unless there's hard evidence of fraud (no just infidelity), though. Everything else is on him to handle with immigration.

Enforcement of any type of per-nuptials is possible but difficult. That's a question for your divorce lawyer.

If he came to the US on a K-1 visa, then there's no means for him to obtain a green card without leaving the US first (and even then is hard). Or via VAWA, but there's no evidence noted here that a VAWA claim is realistic here.

If he came on another visa, he technically can get a green card through somebody else, but proving a bona fide marriage given his history is highly unlikely.

Either way, be sure you pull the I-864 (if you haven't done so already) so you don't become responsible for him if somehow completes the existing AOS.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Might be going the VAWA route to get a GC.

No idea if the dowry is enforceable, that would be something to ask your lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Might be going the VAWA route to get a GC.

I guess it's worth a shot here, but there's no evidence there's any cause for it. Nor does it change anything for the OP.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the dowery may be enforced by the divorce court if you have a good lawyer but remember  you agreed to the support order to finacee him

some  states do have a one year seperation rule before granting a divorce / check that with your lawyer to see if that is the divorce hold

upunforunately marriage is not garanteed and to enter one without love just makes it harder

go thru with the divorce (don't let him convince you to continue this farce so he can get the green card as he will get it then divorce)

after divorce ,  move on / their are good men out there and as you say you are willingip ) and then have him leave

sorry for you unhappiness

be strong and forget and good luck

Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

I guess it's worth a shot here, but there's no evidence there's any cause for it. Nor does it change anything for the OP.

Does not need much and she said they fought?

55 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

the dowery may be enforced by the divorce court if you have a good lawyer but remember  you agreed to the support order to finacee him

some  states do have a one year seperation rule before granting a divorce / check that with your lawyer to see if that is the divorce hold

upunforunately marriage is not garanteed and to enter one without love just makes it harder

go thru with the divorce (don't let him convince you to continue this farce so he can get the green card as he will get it then divorce)

after divorce ,  move on / their are good men out there and as you say you are willingip ) and then have him leave

sorry for you unhappiness

be strong and forget and good luck

No GC so no I 864 by the sounds of it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moving to Major Effects, from US Citizenship General discussion. - Yes there is no longer a immigration issue as the OP's soon to be Ex has been denied after the interview.It is still the most appropriate forum for this discussion.~~

~~One post removed as it serves no purpose other then to upset the OP. If you cannot stick to answering her questions do not post.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, mahikhan said:

(NO RACISM) PLEASE!

I was born a USA citizen female(parents Pakistani nationality) was arranged a marriage by a stepmother who chose this Pakistani man by the family which I chose to say yes was convinced thinking he was ''the one'' since he faking being a good boy with his fake promises and fake smiles.I had seen him once on skype and also went to Pakistan to see him and spoke to him.I agreed and he agreed forcefully by his parents (i found out during marriage) never knew for sure. So he came from Pakistan to the USA(was in airforce of Pak) came here by work visa dun know exactly from what visa, left his job to marry me( how romantic -sarcasm). , He did court marriage with me and the other religious commitment as well. i start off to live with his family  (joint) in USA (texas) which was 1000 miles away from my hometown.As soon as we married, He was doing his papers (green card papers) of course, he paid himself n used my information n documents with my knowledge of course. His bros would advise him since they were here first married to usa citizen ladies themselves. ( me n ex) We had arguments sometimes, n his attitude was changing alot where i feel like he was faking to love me the more we got close to greencard interview.His family was showing their real colors and they didnt acept me for who i was even though they agreed but their hearts didnt accept me for who i was just time passing or dealing with for ahcheiving something. He didnt get well along with my family either. Then we finally started living together alone with eacheother in FLORIDA, I did so much for this guy, cooked cleaned showed affection 100 percent as much as i could and looked pretty for him. I know i made mistakes at times but would makeup automatically and would get mad because i got jealous when he complimented girls to me or chatted with his female friends with me which he did once or twice where i got jealous . One day i looked in his phone , i got a chance when we went to TX to visit his family saw girls msgs. I confronted him and helf this in my heart for few days.We argued and i was mad at him, He abused me right before our greencard  interview,(one week) so i called home which caused turmoil. I came home to my  family, he  would called my home to get me back to come back to him and tried  to fix it but caused it to become worst for about two months but gave up and the times he called he would argue with my family and his family said bad things about me.Alot of drama had occured.  So his greencard declined which i checked our status which I had to force him to give our case number and checked online.So he filed divorce 3 months later n within few days after the declination of green card  he spread the news that he was going to leave me because he  said he was fed up with "false lies " that  I was spreading. I never spread false lies. they were all real. I told my family i caught him with girls' msgs which was true. So he filed divorce, i also report him to ICE when, nothing has happened yet.He is still here in USA, Its been a year ever since he filed a divorce. I been fighting for dowery which he owes to me, which he agreed on signing to pay me certain debts on me if he divorces me( this was made one day b4 our marriage). So i hired my attorney which is helping me do all this for a year.Been waiting. What should i do any ideas? Did i do something wrong or should i done something better? should i hire an imigration lawyer. Jus tto let u know i dont work right now, i am still studying to finish my degree. 

Just be a and track him down. Did you know adultery is still illegal in FLA? Be a raging and have him charged if you still have the proof. It's a misdemeanor but you can still make his life here miserable if he tries the abuse route lol

Timeline
7 minutes ago, bad4tatt said:

Just be a and track him down. Did you know adultery is still illegal in FLA? Be a raging and have him charged if you still have the proof. It's a misdemeanor but you can still make his life here miserable if he tries the abuse route lol

I have a feeling the Police in Florida may have better things to do other than investigate alleged adultery.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I have a feeling the Police in Florida may have better things to do other than investigate alleged adultery.

True, but as corny as the law is, they must still act on it. I have a friend that is a police officer and the stories  I hear just make me smh.

Timeline
1 minute ago, bad4tatt said:

True, but as corny as the law is, they must still act on it. I have a friend that is a police officer and the stories  I hear just make me smh.

Depends what you call action. If you think they are going to liturn on the flashing lights I fear you will be sadly disappointed.

2 hours ago, bad4tatt said:

There's lots of laws on the books. Only some of them are actually enforceable.

Police officers don't make the decision to charge anybody, prosecuters do. Judges don't want ridiculous cases.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

ADDED information:

14 hours ago, mahikhan said:

(NO RACISM) PLEASE!

Added information: He is in Texas now not in Florida anymore , forgot to TELL you guys this part and has NO job what so ever for a year, heard that the job kicked him from what he told me around our turmoil time due to not attending our green card interview but I  dont know the real reason or what the truth might be and he ,, lives with his family back in Texas now, he has no Job or anything, His EAD has expired because i had a copy of his EAD card by chance on the phone which was given to by my now ex (husband) at the time.  .. What i think is  going to happen is,. either he will get married again to another ''US CITIZEN'' female ..... in the same faith ( religion ) of course but us citizen or further his education here in the US . The reasons i say this , because these are hints that his family mentioned right the day they were inferring that he wants to leave me. My family had to go to Texas without me where my belongings were back last year, .... v r in the divorce process... fighting for the dowry, .... the lawyer said ,,, it is enforceable and my contract is valid( we are in the mediation process) .I have a recording of him arguing with me... ( which is in a different language) my mother lingo and he mentions where he mentions that he doesn't love me and wants to divorce me. I know its wrong to secretly record him but this is only evidence i have and its in his knowledge that i have recorded him. I dont want to get in trouble by the law that i recorded him secretly, I did it for my protection and because i felt that I was being used by him, he didnt want to have children with me, and would be very aggressive to me when wanting to use my body and would get very agressive in where he made fun of my feelings( innocent emotions) . No girl would want to accept a guy who just uses her like trash only for her body and not care about her emotions. ,,, ! 

Edited by mahikhan

Timeline

Do you have an Immigration question?

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Do you have an Immigration question?

WELL i was just wandering is there anything more I could do ? because i am feeling very hopeless right now. I have gone into deep depression and I just wanted to share this story maybe i could learn from other people here. :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.