Jeff Padilla

I-751/ I-797- Biometrics

15 posts in this topic

We sent out I-751 on February 5th. Received (I-797/ Noa1) on February 12th. Anyone know length of time for Biometrics letter/notification or when we will get date for Biometrics? Thank you.

March 23, 2015: (L)We got married in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines.

September 24, 2015: Applied for CRBA and passport of our son.

USCIS
July 28, 2015: File I-130
July 30, 2015: NOA 1

August 31, 2015: NOA 2

NVC

September 18, 2015: Case was received by NVC

September 29, 2015: Case number and invoice ID number assigned

October 5, 2015: Filled out DS-261

: Paid AOS bill

October 28, 2015: Received and paid IV bill

November 2, 2015: sent AOS and IV packets

November 3, 2015: completed DS-260

: Scan date

December 8, 2015: Case complete

7 minutes ago, Jeff Padilla said:

We sent out I-751 on February 5th. Received (I-797/ Noa1) on February 12th. Anyone know length of time for Biometrics letter/notification or when we will get date for Biometrics? Thank you.

We replied back to you in your other post. The average time is about 1-2 months after submission until you get your Biometrics letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sounds about right, Mid-March.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you 

March 23, 2015: (L)We got married in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines.

September 24, 2015: Applied for CRBA and passport of our son.

USCIS
July 28, 2015: File I-130
July 30, 2015: NOA 1

August 31, 2015: NOA 2

NVC

September 18, 2015: Case was received by NVC

September 29, 2015: Case number and invoice ID number assigned

October 5, 2015: Filled out DS-261

: Paid AOS bill

October 28, 2015: Received and paid IV bill

November 2, 2015: sent AOS and IV packets

November 3, 2015: completed DS-260

: Scan date

December 8, 2015: Case complete

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A biometrics appointment is impossible to predict.  Biometrics is all dependent on how busy your local ASC is.  If they are a busy office and the line is long it could be 6 months.  If the office is not busy ane the line is short it could be two - three weeks.  They only schedule at best a month in advance.

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

A biometrics appointment is impossible to predict.  Biometrics is all dependent on how busy your local ASC is.  If they are a busy office and the line is long it could be 6 months.  If the office is not busy ane the line is short it could be two - three weeks.  They only schedule at best a month in advance.

Correct

We filed in August 2017. We have no Biometric Appt letter as of date.  Wife has called USCIS and they sent her a letter saying they are running behind.  We are at the California Service Center.

I did research this morning, it appears as if it is taking like 18 months or longer to get approval.

Many people now of days are just filing for US Citizenship while waiting for I-751 to be approved.   It seems you will have to get a infopass and get a I-551 stamp in your passport if you plan to travel once your one year extension letter is expired.

I will suspect we will get the US citizenship before we get ROC.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Correct

We filed in August 2017. We have no Biometric Appt letter as of date.  Wife has called USCIS and they sent her a letter saying they are running behind.  We are at the California Service Center.

I did research this morning, it appears as if it is taking like 18 months or longer to get approval.

Many people now of days are just filing for US Citizenship while waiting for I-751 to be approved:no:  It seems you will have to get a infopass and get a I-551 stamp in your passport if you plan to travel once your one year extension letter is expired.  

I will suspect we will get the US citizenship before we get ROC.

Can't apply for U.S. citizenship without a VALID green card in possession, meaning those that started with a conditional green card, K-1, CR-1,  need to complete ROC to possess a valid green card at the 3 year mark.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/attachments.pdf?download=1

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/article/chapter4.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/g-1151-0-old.pdf

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Can't apply for U.S. citizenship without a VALID green card in possession, meaning those that started with a conditional green card, K-1, CR-1,  need to complete ROC to possess a valid green card at the 3 year mark.

Negative

I just spent about 2 hours this morning reading the threads in Removal of Conditions on VJ.

I went back and read the filers for the last year and half, and there are a lot of people getting approved on N-400 while still waiting for to be approved for 10 year GC.

I did a lot of research this morning.

19 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Per USCIS Policy Manual they can and will - Read Section B2

"An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application"

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartG-Chapter5.html#footnote-5

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Per USCIS Policy Manual they can and will - Read Section B2

"An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application" [6]

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartG-Chapter5.html#footnote-5

6. [^]

An officer should conduct the naturalization examination even if the petition to remove conditions is not in the CPR spouse’s A-file. The officer should follow internal procedures to request the petition. The officer must not approve the CPR spouse’s naturalization application until the officer has reviewed and approved the petition to remove conditions.

That is interesting for sure.  And I will remember it for sure.   Appreciate. 

I think some at USCIS should read that also, as they tell those that call that they must wait for their green card.  Plus - Everything I linked stated a person must include a copy of their green card with application and/or surrender your green card during the process.   

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Wrong.  You can apply for citizenship before ROC completes.  Remember the card is automatically extended upon submission of the I-751 which maintains its VALIDITY.  ROC and N-400 will be adjudicated concurrently

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Wrong.  You can apply for citizenship before ROC completes.  Remember the card is automatically extended upon submission of the I-751 which maintains its VALIDITY.  ROC and N-400 will be adjudicated concurrently

Little slow on the draw.  ;)  

Of course I was basing my comment on the info in the USCIS links that state different.  ;) 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

6. [^]

An officer should conduct the naturalization examination even if the petition to remove conditions is not in the CPR spouse’s A-file. The officer should follow internal procedures to request the petition. The officer must not approve the CPR spouse’s naturalization application until the officer has reviewed and approved the petition to remove conditions.

That is interesting for sure.  And I will remember it for sure.   Appreciate. 

I think some at USCIS should read that also, as they tell those that call that they must wait for their green card.  Plus - Everything I linked stated a person must include a copy of their green card with application and/or surrender your green card during the process.   

What they are doing now since it is taking so long is:  They are sending the files for the I-751 along with the N-400 and the CO does them basically both at the same time.  In my opinion and others who have completed the process it seems as if you wait for a 10 year greencard then you can waste 6 or more months filing for naturalization by waiting

One person stated the CO said it was the first time they had seen them done together when they had there interview a few months ago.

I did some research and sure was an eye opener for me this morning, because I would of waited for a valid greencard before we filed for citizenship.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

What they are doing now since it is taking so long is:  They are sending the files for the I-751 along with the N-400 and the CO does them basically both at the same time.  In my opinion and others who have completed the process it seems as if you wait for a 10 year greencard then you can waste 6 or more months filing for naturalization by waiting

One person stated the CO said it was the first time they had seen them done together when they had there interview a few months ago.

I did some research and sure was an eye opener for me this morning, because I would of waited for a valid greencard before we filed for citizenship.

My wife was just on the edge of this slow down, she completed ROC in about 4 months, and then about 7 months later completed Naturalization  in about 4 months also.   Then the door slammed and everything started taking twice as long, now it is more like 3 times as long .. crazy.

I do appreciate the info.   Friends of ours called USCIS regarding filing for citizenship while the I-751 was in process and they told them to wait for their green card.    If I had known about filing anyway I would have passed it on for sure..  they are all done now, even completed dual citizenship.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.