IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Anna J1920 said:

Hi, I'm sorry you going through this. But if you had post earlier we would suggest you to go to embassy. My sister in law's mother had an interview march 14th, (spousal visa) they sent her email and cancel her interview due to riot in Haiti. I told her to go to the embassy,  don't wait for them to reschedule it. Because  I saw some people post they went to the embassy and explain themselves,  they got their visas. Now she's here. What you can do is to go the embassy. 

Thank you for your reply but as for her since her appointment was cancel did she already completed the medical appointment? With the interview letter they sant.  Asking cause If my hubby and I chose to go. I won't have no medical because my appointment was cancel and you need an appointment in order to do medical .and without an medical they won't do my interview even if I take the chance to go at the embassy. its complicated😭😭😢😢😢😢

Edited by Godschild!
Error

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey guys, i called NVC to check my latest status. I was told that they are holding all cases from Haiti due to Embassy not accepting cases at this time. I tried calling Embassy but got a robot that kept reading a screen. Anyone aware of what is happening there.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Dpierre said:

Hey guys, i called NVC to check my latest status. I was told that they are holding all cases from Haiti due to Embassy not accepting cases at this time. I tried calling Embassy but got a robot that kept reading a screen. Anyone aware of what is happening there.

Omgggg noooooo ☹️☹️☹️😫😫 anyone else heard of this?

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Dpierre said:

Saw, that's crazy! This process is stressful already,  Now we gonna have to wait longer. I hope they get it situated asap. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Omgggg noooooo ☹️☹️☹️😫😫 anyone else heard of this?

@Dpierre  There's no protest in Haiti that I know of. Everything went back to normal for weeks now. It's weird they would say that they are not accepting cases now when I know they have. Call back later this week. Ask to speak with a Tier 2 official if you can.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bidy 008 said:

Hello Help me please I have tree months l pay for my interview when I connect no appointment is currently scheduled,I am very anxious 

wow that's a long time. Sadly  all you can do is keep checking daily . I'm sure everything is backlog due to the shutdown protest months ago.    

2 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

wow that's a long time. Sadly  all you can do is keep checking daily . I'm sure everything is backlog due to the shutdown protest months ago.    

The embassy has been back logged for months now since last summer even prior to the protests and our appt being canceled we waited three months for the interview then it was canceled then finally my husband went but all I can say is be patient but for anyone canceled go and as far as the medical just go to the doctor and they can call the consulate and verify your case is there but I really don’t know how it works for CR 1 but I would just go and get information about getting an interview even if you can’t that day the embassy will give you a date or at least give you some information don’t get stressed don’t keep calling thoes numbers they are not the consulate just go there and tell the security your situation and they will let you in and speak to someone and they will give you a date if possible I wish the best for everybody 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

The embassy has been back logged for months now since last summer even prior to the protests and our appt being canceled we waited three months for the interview then it was canceled then finally my husband went but all I can say is be patient but for anyone canceled go and as far as the medical just go to the doctor and they can call the consulate and verify your case is there but I really don’t know how it works for CR 1 but I would just go and get information about getting an interview even if you can’t that day the embassy will give you a date or at least give you some information don’t get stressed don’t keep calling thoes numbers they are not the consulate just go there and tell the security your situation and they will let you in and speak to someone and they will give you a date if possible I wish the best for everybody 

Thank you. My problem is with the NVC saying they are holding all cases till Haiti is ready to received them. I will feel better if it was sitting in Haiti instead. But i am going to keep calling till i get an answer. We already did everything but the medical.

5 hours ago, Dpierre said:

Thank you. My problem is with the NVC saying they are holding all cases till Haiti is ready to received them. I will feel better if it was sitting in Haiti instead. But i am going to keep calling till i get an answer. We already did everything but the medical.

All I know is that there was a lot of people immigrant and non immigrant k1 that were at the consulate when my husband went the first time on February 28th they had the whole file and gave an interview date of March 21 but he went on March 4th again and got interviewed and came home March 9th the only way anyone can get a real answer is to go to the consulate and see what they can do for you there is nothing to loose and everything to gain the worse case you go home but I do understand some people live far from the consulate and it’s not as easy but if your not to far go very early in the morning and wait and see someone and find out for sure what’s going on at least you will know if we would have listened to the people on the phone line we would still be waiting to reschedule our interview but I continue to pray for all 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Juliette2784 said:

All I know is that there was a lot of people immigrant and non immigrant k1 that were at the consulate when my husband went the first time on February 28th they had the whole file and gave an interview date of March 21 but he went on March 4th again and got interviewed and came home March 9th the only way anyone can get a real answer is to go to the consulate and see what they can do for you there is nothing to loose and everything to gain the worse case you go home but I do understand some people live far from the consulate and it’s not as easy but if your not to far go very early in the morning and wait and see someone and find out for sure what’s going on at least you will know if we would have listened to the people on the phone line we would still be waiting to reschedule our interview but I continue to pray for all 

Do you think he should still go there and ask questions even though our case is still here at the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

There is manifestation going on in some areas my friend husband told her after someone showed her pics of what is going on. I asked my husband and since he is in OKAY it's peaceful there. Some areas have problems for a week now and some areas are good. Now I don't know if that would have stopped the embassy but yes this is crazy and I'm not talking about the time because no problem for me. What's crazy is they really don't want people to leave

Timeline

Hey guys,  as you all know,  this process is stressful. I want to get everything ready correctly.  I'm waiting for my case number.

1)Now I'm gathering doc for i134, I'm using my mom as my co-sponsor. What document do we need, since I heard us embassy in Haiti is not too picky about it. 

2) can we send the Ds160 now? How long is valid for? When my fiance submit it the confirmation page will pop up on the screen or send via email? 

Thank you for your help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.