IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pas&nat said:

Hi  everyone, today my fiancee went to her interview and they hold everything except the passport. You see, her mom has the same last name as my mom and her father's first name is my mom's last name so when I was filing the I-129f form I wrote her dad's name as Pierre Gédéon as oppose to Gedeon Pierre. Her dad's name is the birth certificate and the DS-160 I wrote it correctly. Yet they give her a 221g asking her to prove something. I guess that we're not related. So I was sending a letter and my mom's extract of birth certificate. Do you guys think that'll be enough?

Oh wowww.... A bit confuse.... Sorry.... What does the 221g form ask for you do to do exactly?....

In my opinion I guess they want to know if you 2 are related to each other. Cause your mom and hers has the same last name and her father's first name is the same as your mom's. I think you should send a copy of all three's birth certificates just so they see the relationship between your mom her mom and her dad. My guess is they wants to establish if you guys are of the same family or anywhere related. And also a letter explaining the error on her father's name on the application. 

17 minutes ago, Gigi2018 said:

Oh wowww.... A bit confuse.... Sorry.... What does the 221g form ask for you do to do exactly?....

In my opinion I guess they want to know if you 2 are related to each other. Cause your mom and hers has the same last name and her father's first name is the same as your mom's. I think you should send a copy of all three's birth certificates just so they see the relationship between your mom her mom and her dad. My guess is they wants to establish if you guys are of the same family or anywhere related. And also a letter explaining the error on her father's name on the application. 

They're focusing on her father and my mom. Her dad's name is Gedeon Pierre and my mom's name is Jacqueline Gedeon her mom my last name is Gedeon. I made a mistake and wrote Pierre Gedeon on the I-129f form. But the DS-160 was correct and her dad's name is her birthday certificate and  i figured since USCIS didn't ask anything they wouldn't. We're from two different part of the country and so does our parents. We met when she moved next door to me when I was still living in Haiti. I'm hoping copy of the birth certificates can show that our parents are born to different people.

Edited by Pas&nat

44 minutes ago, Pas&nat said:

They're focusing on her father and my mom. Her dad's name is Gedeon Pierre and my mom's name is Jacqueline Gedeon her mom my last name is Gedeon. I made a mistake and wrote Pierre Gedeon on the I-129f form. But the DS-160 was correct and her dad's name is her birthday certificate and  i figured since USCIS didn't ask anything they wouldn't. We're from two different part of the country and so does our parents. We met when she moved next door to me when I was still living in Haiti. I'm hoping copy of the birth certificates can show that our parents are born to different people.

You must have her birth extrait from the National Archive in the interview. And, if you can, have yours as well if you were born in Haiti. If NOT, have an original or certified copy of your US birth certificate that shows your parents names. 

57 minutes ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

You must have her birth extrait from the National Archive in the interview. And, if you can, have yours as well if you were born in Haiti. If NOT, have an original or certified copy of your US birth certificate that shows your parents names. 

She brought her birth certificate extract. And I believe they have mine

Timeline
2 hours ago, Pas&nat said:

Sorry to hear that you got hit with the 221g.

If they have you and your fiancé’s birth certificates/ extracts already then I suggest you obtain the one for your parents as well. I might even go as far as to get grandparents birth certificates/extract if at all possible to show they come from different parents.

This may be a little bit of a reach but maybe even have people that are familiar with you guys around your area in Haiti write letters/statements backing up the fact that you all are not related... seems a bit much but you want to submit as much proof as you can. 

Last thing I can think of is getting a blood test just like they do when they want proof that a child really belongs to a parent who’s filing for them. Maybe it can prove that you both are of no relation to each other? 

This situation is a little bit of a riddle so I would say get some insight from a lawyer who’ve dealt with 221g’s in Haiti before, but a lot of lawyers in Haiti CANNOT be trusted.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Pas&nat said:

I decided to check the status online and it says "adminstrative processing"

Yes.... That's procedure while they're waiting on more evidence from you. Administrative processing only means that your case is on hold while they're doing more excessive review of your case to make a decision. 

Timeline

Hello everyone. I have a question concerning the I-134 form. Do I need to send my tax information to him for the interview? I just received the information my case was approved. I am trying to get everything ready before the interview. Also how much to pay for the medical in Haiti? Thank you 

Timeline
7 hours ago, S&ERav said:

Hello everyone. I have a question concerning the I-134 form. Do I need to send my tax information to him for the interview? I just received the information my case was approved. I am trying to get everything ready before the interview. Also how much to pay for the medical in Haiti? Thank you 

Hi!

Congrats on your approval 😊.

Although they do not ask for the I-134 for K1 visa’s everyone just brings it just in case, so yes usually up to 3 years tax info, bank statements, employment letter verifying job. But once again I’m pretty sure they won’t even ask you for it. 

My fiancé paid 450 for his medical. All depends on which Dr. you go to but I don’t think anyone goes over $500. You’ll need to bring your DS160 & appt letter with you and only go for your medical 2 weeks prior to your interview date. Results took 3-4 days for us. 

Good luck! 😊

Timeline
11 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

Hi!

Congrats on your approval 😊.

Although they do not ask for the I-134 for K1 visa’s everyone just brings it just in case, so yes usually up to 3 years tax info, bank statements, employment letter verifying job. But once again I’m pretty sure they won’t even ask you for it. 

My fiancé paid 450 for his medical. All depends on which Dr. you go to but I don’t think anyone goes over $500. You’ll need to bring your DS160 & appt letter with you and only go for your medical 2 weeks prior to your interview date. Results took 3-4 days for us. 

Good luck! 😊

Thank you so very much. Does the $450 includes vaccines? Also do I need to wait from NVC before I fill out the DS-160 form?  Sorry I know I have a lot of questions. I am new at this.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, S&ERav said:

Thank you so very much. Does the $450 includes vaccines? Also do I need to wait from NVC before I fill out the DS-160 form?  Sorry I know I have a lot of questions. I am new at this.

It’s ok! & Yes that includes vaccines & you can fill out the DS-160 now no need to wait. Make sure the beneficiary (whoever’s in Haiti) submits the actual application though. I filled my fiancé’s DS-160 out, saved it & had him log in & actually submit it. 

After that create a profile on UStraveldocs.com if you haven’t done so yet. You’ll need all of your fiancé’s information to fill it out & that’s how you’ll be able to print out your MRV bill to pay for your visa at sogexpress. Once you do all that and get your receipt number from sogexpress & input it into your profile you’ll be able to pick your appointment/interview date. 

Also try to have your fiancé Start looking into obtaining their police certificate as soon as possible cause it takes FOREVER to receive in Haiti & is such a hassle. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

It’s ok! & Yes that includes vaccines & you can fill out the DS-160 now no need to wait. Make sure the beneficiary (whoever’s in Haiti) submits the actual application though. I filled my fiancé’s DS-160 out, saved it & had him log in & actually submit it. 

After that create a profile on UStraveldocs.com if you haven’t done so yet. You’ll need all of your fiancé’s information to fill it out & that’s how you’ll be able to print out your MRV bill to pay for your visa at sogexpress. Once you do all that and get your receipt number from sogexpress & input it into your profile you’ll be able to pick your appointment/interview date. 

Also try to have your fiancé Start looking into obtaining their police certificate as soon as possible cause it takes FOREVER to receive in Haiti & is such a hassle. 

Ok thank you very much. For the police certificate he does not need the approval form to get one right. He can just go and get it. Also does he have to go to a specific doctor for the medical and when can he go get it. I am trying not to waste time. Thank you for being so kind answering my questions

Timeline
26 minutes ago, S&ERav said:

Ok thank you very much. For the police certificate he does not need the approval form to get one right. He can just go and get it. Also does he have to go to a specific doctor for the medical and when can he go get it. I am trying not to waste time. Thank you for being so kind answering my questions

Well everyone has different experiences when it comes to actually getting/picking up the police certificate. The embassy automatically receives the results electronically so some ppl might tell you, you don’t really need a physical copy but its better to be safe than sorry & have it because sometimes they ask for it & sometimes they don’t. Some ppl said they showed their embassy letter to get it (which takes a lil while to come) their interview confirmation letter, DS-160 confirmation page, or their NOA2. He would have to go get his fingerprints taken first on some kind of special paper (forgot what it’s calked) then submit it to the police department.  My fiancé trucked his way through to get in because there’s sooo many people out there everyday so the earlier he goes the better. If he knows somebody on the inside that’s even better. Other members in this post can hopefully give you some more insight on their experience.k

Yes, they will provide you with a specific list of doctors with their address when they send you packet 3 from the embassy. You can even ask for them to email the packet to you when your case is due to arrive @ the haitian embassy at:

support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com

This link shows you who those doctors are: 

https://ht.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/iv-medical-exam/

Also remember the medical can only be dated 2 weeks before the interview. You cannot go months or weeks ahead of your interview. 

&& the cost to pay for your visa fee at sogexpress is $265 USD but it can only be paid in Haitian money.

Edited by gsdc23

Timeline
1 hour ago, gsdc23 said:

Well everyone has different experiences when it comes to actually getting/picking up the police certificate. The embassy automatically receives the results electronically so some ppl might tell you, you don’t really need a physical copy but its better to be safe than sorry & have it because sometimes they ask for it & sometimes they don’t. Some ppl said they showed their embassy letter to get it (which takes a lil while to come) their interview confirmation letter, DS-160 confirmation page, or their NOA2. He would have to go get his fingerprints taken first on some kind of special paper (forgot what it’s calked) then submit it to the police department.  My fiancé trucked his way through to get in because there’s sooo many people out there everyday so the earlier he goes the better. If he knows somebody on the inside that’s even better. Other members in this post can hopefully give you some more insight on their experience.k

Yes, they will provide you with a specific list of doctors with their address when they send you packet 3 from the embassy. You can even ask for them to email the packet to you when your case is due to arrive @ the haitian embassy at:

support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com

This link shows you who those doctors are: 

https://ht.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/iv-medical-exam/

Also remember the medical can only be dated 2 weeks before the interview. You cannot go months or weeks ahead of your interview. 

&& the cost to pay for your visa fee at sogexpress is $265 USD but it can only be paid in Haitian money.

Thank you so very much. I really appreciate the help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.